Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When someone has to constantly talk and won't stop. They have to fill any empty space with chatter and you just wish they would shut up for just 5 minutes.
Also, someone who believes their opinion is the ONLY opinion and your views and thoughts are all wrong - so someone who is so narrow-minded.
Haha, yes. Like my sister-in-law who unfriended me on Facebook because of our differing views on Brexit. I was perfectly happy to agree to disagree and move on, but not her, she had to make a big gesture! My husband and I voted differently to each other in the referendum and we haven't killed each other yet!! 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 4
In a supermarket when people lean on their trolley as they push it and walk really bleeping slowly.

Reactions: 1
In a supermarket when people lean on their trolley as they push it and walk really bleeping slowly.
People blocking supermarket aisles with their trolley. I will "accidentally" bash it with mine. oops.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
People blocking supermarket aisles with their trolley. I will "accidentally" walk bash it with mine. oops.
I know I might sound out of order here but I feel it's always overweight middle aged women doing the leaning and blocking 😂

• Wow
Haha, yes. Like my sister-in-law who unfriended me on Facebook because of our differing views on Brexit. I was perfectly happy to agree to disagree and move on, but not her, she had to make a big gesture! My husband and I voted differently to each other in the referendum and we haven't killed each other yet!! 🤣🤣🤣
I totally agree it’s important to not let personal views overshadow or even ruin relationships. That said with something as divisive as Brexit I’ve gotta say i think it’s quite impressive you and your husband managed to vote differently and be relaxed about it. Mind if I ask more? Like, did you discuss it a lot before or were you both sure of which way you were voting? Did the surprise result not test you at all, especially for the remainer? Have you stuck to your views in the ensuing years of chaos?

Sorry if this is an annoying distraction for everyone else - feel free to PM me, if you don’t mind. It’s partly of interest to me because I have some very different views to my boyfriend.

Reactions: 2
I totally agree it’s important to not let personal views overshadow or even ruin relationships. That said with something as divisive as Brexit I’ve gotta say i think it’s quite impressive you and your husband managed to vote differently and be relaxed about it. Mind if I ask more? Like, did you discuss it a lot before or were you both sure of which way you were voting? Did the surprise result not test you at all, especially for the remainer? Have you stuck to your views in the ensuing years of chaos?

Sorry if this is an annoying distraction for everyone else - feel free to PM me, if you don’t mind. It’s partly of interest to me because I have some very different views to my boyfriend.
Me and my partner voted differently on Brexit but we both have similar views on the EU! We are both sympathetic to the opposite vote because people on each side have great reasons for voting either way. It's funny how people can come to very different decisions with the same info.

Reactions: 2
Interesting... what are these shared views and how did you reach the opposite conclusion ? (Clearly not really an opposite). Brexit especially interests me as it is the issue of our times, and such a divisive one at that.

But I do understand how you can reach different conclusions while agreeing on the same basic point. My boyfriend and I are the same. We see lots of the same problems in the world but disagree in what those problems mean and what their causes are. Of course I don’t want to act as if I’m right on all things but when fundamental beliefs are challenged it can be difficult.

Yes! I seriously thought I was the only one to get wound up by this. They shuffle along and there is nothing wrong with them. I bet they are also the ones that in the discount section position the trolley like a barricade stopping anyone else looking whilst they poke and prod and examine every item. I've got no shame these days, just move their trolleys to one side without saying anything. After all I need those 10p porkpies too.

• Haha
My husband puts dirty dishes in the sink even though the dishwasher is empty. I do a silent scream at the sink every time he does it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People that smoke at the bus stop :mad:
Move away! I don’t want to be subjected to your smoking! It’s so inconsiderate and just disgusting

• Angry
Reactions: 12

Hi, we did discuss things before the referendum and we knew we were going to be voting differently to one another. We're both pretty relaxed people in general and have both learned throughout life that things are never black and white, there are always many shades of grey in between. I think conflict occurs when people aren't willing to accept that fact and believe that their view is the only view. I don't have any difficulty remaining friendly with people if they don't share my political affiliations because we are all individuals shaped by our experiences and the world would be a boring place if we all thought the same!

• Heart
Call me fussy, but I hate it when people write could of, would of and should of etc etc😂. It does NOT make sense🤣🤣. It's could've, would've and should've. The ('ve) meaning have not of. Sorry, it's petty but it annoys me😕
This. It annoys me on a scale like no other. It isn’t a typo or a spelling mistake it’s just wrong. It’s the wrong word and sooooo many people do it. I would of done this, I could have done that. 🤬🤬🤬🤬 nothing annoys me more. Also, when people at work send a group email beginning with ‘Guys’. I just delete them immediately.

• Haha
This. It annoys me on a scale like no other. It isn’t a typo or a spelling mistake it’s just wrong. It’s the wrong word and sooooo many people do it. I would of done this, I could have done that. 🤬🤬🤬🤬 nothing annoys me more. Also, when people at work send a group email beginning with ‘Guys’. I just delete them immediately.
Glad it's not just me then👏👏😂. How can people not know that it doesn't make sense when they use of instead of have ('ve)🙄.

People who air their dirty laundry over social media and end up in a public slanging match. Send a DM at least, I don’t need to hear about Jolene next door stealing your man, Susan. 🙄

People at supermarket self-checkouts that don’t remove their empty baskets.

Co-op customers are twats for this 🤬

People who air their dirty laundry over social media and end up in a public slanging match. Send a DM at least, I don’t need to hear about Jolene next door stealing your man, Susan. 🙄
I do! 🤣

• Haha
People who use iPads to take pictures at attractions or gigs. duck off with your view blocker you moron

I walk past them loudly saying ‘pet hate pet hate pet hate’

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh I've found my home here.

Noisy eating 🤬
People eating on public transport.
People who say generally when they mean genuinely!.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.