Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love this! These are the petty things of life that are so interesting. Getting unreasonably annoyed is a great joy. Makes you feel alive.
I'm sure this has been mentioned here by others but one of my 'oh for fucks sake' things is people parking stupidly close to you in a relatively empty carpark. I had one where they parked so close (in an empty carpark) I couldn't fully open the door. I took a photo I was so peeved.
Haha this is great

When you get ready... get dressed ... brush teeth ... then bahbam ... toothpaste on your top ... then changing it makes you miss the train for work ......
people with no manners ....
people who are two faced
people who lie
People on planes who rush to get off the plane and the luggage isn’t even off the plane yet !!!!!!
people who que jump.... get to the back mate !!!!!
Delivery drivers who knock on the door when there’s a bell....
aldi staff who scan to quick and then get pissed off because they have to wait for you
People who say they have no money but go pub every night

Reactions: 2
I love this! These are the petty things of life that are so interesting. Getting unreasonably annoyed is a great joy. Makes you feel alive.
I'm sure this has been mentioned here by others but one of my 'oh for fucks sake' things is people parking stupidly close to you in a relatively empty carpark. I had one where they parked so close (in an empty carpark) I couldn't fully open the door. I took a photo I was so peeved.
Sociable car syndrome! The same phenomenon as people who sit right next to you in an otherwise empty cinema 🤬. My husband says it’s just because people like to think they’re doing the right thing, but oh my god.

People on planes who rush to get off the plane and the luggage isn’t even off the plane yet !!!!!!
Ah a few friends and I bond over shared irritation for this. Although in recent years I’ve had to admit there are some circumstances where you want to get off the plane as quickly as you can - like if you are a foreigner visiting the US. The immigration queues are so dire, it’s worth it to be ahead. Also if another flight of people arrives at a similar time but are all just ahead of you it can add literal hours on (from traumatic experience... damn you air China, damn you....). BUT usually this isn’t the case and people still do it.

Similar but I’m saying worse is queuing at the gate - sometimes for a fair amount of time! I’m like - why ? we’re all getting on, we have allocated seats... relax, people...

• Haha
Sociable car syndrome! The same phenomenon as people who sit right next to you in an otherwise empty cinema 🤬. My husband says it’s just because people like to think they’re doing the right thing, but oh my god.
I was once in a fairly big beach abroad ....there was a lot of room on that beach ....... out of the whole beach .... a couple and their children came and sat within arms distance!!!!!! WHHHYYYYY..... apparently safety in numbers 🤪🤪🤪

when people stand up on public transport and stand right next to the door 15 mins from their stop, chill the duck out

• Haha
Reactions: 3
when people stand up on public transport and stand right next to the door 15 mins from their stop, chill the duck out
Ah you’ve reminded me of what is probably one of my greatest annoyances of all time.
People on the bus (in London but could apply elsewhere) who realise they’ve missed their stop, or the bus is going a different way than they expected or whatever so they repeatedly ring the bell as if the driver is going to stop right there to let them off. Not only is it rude, it’s stupid. The driver is never, ever going to pull over between stops for you - for one thing he could be sued because it doesn’t follow health and safety. Alternatively he could be fired for risking being sued. Yeah Health and safety is silly but that’s how it is living in the world for the last few decades, haven’t you noticed? Do you honestly think the driver will pull over just for you ? And chill out , Bus stops are never very far apart, you’ll live. Oh and also, it’s not a bleeping taxi.

Reactions: 4
The Barclays bank advert about getting your own house and put base music on after a night out... in other words move out of parents house and become an annoying neighbour

My husband is a wheelchair user so at airports we get priority assistance meaning we don’t have to wait In line to check in, express security and priority boarding ( if the aumberlift is there!) and people tut and sigh! Last time we flew the people sat behind us were asked to move by assistance so they could get my husband in his chair, and they made a big song and dance about havin to move their stuff. It’s already degrading enough for my husband and then to have to listen to the sighs! In an ideal world we should be boarded first but doesn’t always happen!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
My husband is a wheelchair user so at airports we get priority assistance meaning we don’t have to wait In line to check in, express security and priority boarding ( if the aumberlift is there!) and people tut and sigh! Last time we flew the people sat behind us were asked to move by assistance so they could get my husband in his chair, and they made a big song and dance about havin to move their stuff. It’s already degrading enough for my husband and then to have to listen to the sighs! In an ideal world we should be boarded first but doesn’t always happen!
Oh that’s horrible, hard to believe people can be that self centred. (I hope you didn’t think my rant about queuing at the gate was at all about people with accessibility needs )And I certainly wouldn’t class that as a “small thing” - hope it doesn’t continue happening.

Oh that’s horrible, hard to believe people can be that self centred. (I hope you didn’t think my rant about queuing at the gate was at all about people with accessibility needs )And I certainly wouldn’t class that as a “small thing” - hope it doesn’t continue happening.
Oh god no.... the plane won’t leave without you, we all have a seat it’s not a first come first time type of thing lol and getting up before we have even parked fully.... just means you have to stand at luggage for ages!
We are last off, we see everyone go past and we are convinced it’s the same people just doing a loop lol and the people are still waiting for their luggage!
It’s not a race!
You see a different side of people when your disabled.

Reactions: 1
Spitting-it curdles my stomach
People who eat and share (with the same fork/spoon) with kids (normally with snot running out of their noses) or even worse-their dogs
Queue jumpers-I was there first!
Slow walkers-or even worse-slow joggers-just bloody move!
Anyone who dips their food in a milkshake
People who change their kids nappies in a public loo and don’t bin it-sure I want to touch your child’s nappy and bin it for you
People who finger self serve food without the gloves/tongs-sniff it-almost taste it-then put it back for someone else
winds me right up!

Reactions: 3
People in the office with colds blowing their noses and not washing / sanitising their hands afterwards, then proceeding to touch the photocopier, kettle, cupboard and door handles, licking their fingers to separate their printouts from other people's etc.

People in the office asking if they can borrow my pencil, rubber, whatever. There is a stationery cupboard. Go and get your own!!

People in the office not having their hole puncher adjusted to A4 size, so papers get all ruffled up at the edges because they overlap the other pages in a file because the holes have been punched in the wrong place.

Dealing with a chronic illness (suffering in silence most of the time TBH), then having to listen to people in the office regaling everyone with their health issues, usually intimate details of their gynaecological woes, then feeling affronted that I won't tell them (apart from my manager, the only person who's business it is) why I have had a day off sick.

When people say "bare with me". NO. It's "BEAR with me".

Supermarket gripes;
A) checkout staff (of not even supervisory level) who have been given headsets and then proceed to chat amongst themselves while serving you
B) checkout staff that start to put your shopping through the till before the person in front has finished packing theirs away
C) the staff who do the picking for home deliveries/click and collect - they are always in the way with their trolleys
To expand on the cashiers talking to each other thing - Primark and New Look are the worst for this when they're standing next to each other serving. They'll have a full on conversation, wont look at you and will only say the price. Also as annoying when customers go up to buy something but dont pause their phone call while they do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
agree with the cashiers who are on head pieces...... Aldi staff are the worse!

my upstairs neighbours who don’t stop their phone alarm.....can feel it vibrate for a good 30 mins!
They also hoover at all hours.....she doesn’t even go out and it’s just her n her grown up son (that’s a different arghhhhhhh lol) this morning she was hoovering at 630! How she has any carpets left I don’t know!

Reactions: 1
today my husband was gettin out the car into his wheelchair and this car couldn’t wait 10 seconds and mounted the curb to get past us! So when she drove back up I kept the door open to make her wait haha and mouthed next time just be patient you twit!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.