Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That where I live Ferrero Rondnoir and Ferrero Raffaello are sold as a package item. Free the Rondnoir ⚫!

Saw a sign on a clothes shop yesterday saying your dog is welcome :unsure:
Wait a minute ✋can we please make toilet facilities a priority instead? So many public toilets have closed since corona. I've mentioned that before but it would benefit disabled or older people or anyone who can't do without facilities while out for lengths of time. Or how about a sign saying people can use your electric sockets to plug in their mobility scooter or phone? I'm sure there are so many ways they could help and encourage other people to their shop than bring your effing dog! Impaired people could trip over dogs laying around and leads.
What about them cocking their leg over clothes rails? :sick: people with allergies, people who are frightened of dogs? Hair being rubbed against items?
I love animals and in their rightful place I don't mind dogs but this obsession for shops to keep making this normal is really the thing I'm annoyed with.
The fact there are more important needs for customers that are completely ignored. I won't be spending money in shops that do this. Ofc exception for guide dogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Wait a minute ✋can we please make toilet facilities a priority instead? So many public toilets have closed since corona. I've mentioned that before but it would benefit disabled or older people or anyone who can't do without facilities while out for lengths of time. Or how about a sign saying people can use your electric sockets to plug in their mobility scooter or phone? I'm sure there are so many ways they could help and encourage other people to their shop than bring your effing dog! Impaired people could trip over dogs laying around and leads.
What about them cocking their leg over clothes rails? :sick: people with allergies, people who are frightened of dogs? Hair being rubbed against items?
I love animals and in their rightful place I don't mind dogs but this obsession for shops to keep making this normal is really the thing I'm annoyed with.
The fact there are more important needs for customers that are completely ignored. I won't be spending money in shops that do this. Ofc exception for guide dogs.
I see lots of dogs in shops now. Including Peter Jones in Sloane Square. Lots of ladies who lunch with their dogs having a browse. I am a massive dog lover. But I think it is odd too. What if that cock a leg up a Max Mara coat, or leaving pee on a shiny floor for someone else to step into or slip. In this hyper sensitive Health & Safety world we live in, it seems a really odd thing to now allow.

Reactions: 13
I see lots of dogs in shops now. Including Peter Jones in Sloane Square. Lots of ladies who lunch with their dogs having a browse. I am a massive dog lover. But I think it is odd too. What if that cock a leg up a Max Mara coat, or leaving pee on a shiny floor for someone else to step into or slip. In this hyper sensitive Health & Safety world we live in, it seems a really odd thing to now allow.
Yes, just can't really understand it, of all things, just so impractical. Maybe a box ticking minority thing that's trendy now 😒

Reactions: 7
Listening to the radio and the news bulletin comes on. Some actor who I've never heard of is having another kid 🤦‍♂️ news?! REALLY?!

Reactions: 6
Yes, just can't really understand it, of all things, just so impractical. Maybe a box ticking minority thing that's trendy now 😒
The minority would surely be blind people, and they have been allowed full access to everything for years, and rightly so, they are working. But not sure how or why full access to shops and cafes etc became a thing.

Reactions: 7
YES! I agree wholeheartedly. I have coeliac disease and am incredibly sensitive - cross-contamination can occur with crockery or cutlery not being washed properly, for example. So, I might be out with a friend, have a cup of coffee, then half an hour later start to get really ill and need the toilet. I've never had a problem finding public toilets when I've needed to, but on the odd occasion I've had to bolt from a store which has signage stating very clearly that its toilets are for staff use only. I recall reading about a woman who was campaigning for people who had coeliac and any other like-diseases, to be issued with a special card that overrode any 'no customers using our toilets' rule, but I don't know how far she got with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
YES! I agree wholeheartedly. I have coeliac disease and am incredibly sensitive - cross-contamination can occur with crockery or cutlery not being washed properly, for example. So, I might be out with a friend, have a cup of coffee, then half an hour later start to get really ill and need the toilet. I've never had a problem finding public toilets when I've needed to, but on the odd occasion I've had to bolt from a store which has signage stating very clearly that its toilets are for staff use only. I recall reading about a woman who was campaigning for people who had coeliac and any other like-diseases, to be issued with a special card that overrode any 'no customers using our toilets' rule, but I don't know how far she got with that.
My mind is blown at how service providers in shops and other public buildings are not trained to accommodate you and others IN 2022 FFS! 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I can't stop yawning

I can't get bloody Fireman Sam theme tune out of my head.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When some people automatically think that the reason someone has twins was down to ivf. I have a friend who says this anytime twins are mentioned. I have no idea why it annoys me so much because I don’t have twins myself and have nothing against ivf. It’s just the presumption that annoys me so much. Like, twins can happen naturally! Get that in your head!

Reactions: 15
We have this here (UK)

https://www.bladderandbowel.org/help-information/just-cant-wait-card/

I have never had to use mine (Not Coeliac) so don't know if they work.

• Heart
World chuffing Book Day. What a shame it wasn't invented by a Russian so we could get it cancelled this year 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 23
World chuffing Book Day. What a shame it wasn't invented by a Russian so we could get it cancelled this year 😩
My son’s school are celebrating it tomorrow instead. His school don’t bother with costumes though (thank duck). They get a non uniform day and bring in their favourite book.

Reactions: 8
Getting an itch on your foot whilst driving.

I hate world book day also, the dressing up aspect more than anything. It’s just a pain.

Reactions: 11
My son’s school are celebrating it tomorrow instead. His school don’t bother with costumes though (thank duck). They get a non uniform day and bring in their favourite book.
I think more should do it this way. I've got friends complaining because of trying to find a costume, etc.[[

This has probably come up in these threads before but people who feel the need to reply to every single thing they read on Facebook or Twitter, even if it’s irrelevant to them.

For example, the Neighbours confirmation today that it’s ending, the people replying to just say ‘never watched it’ and nothing else. Ok that’s fine but why bother to reply at all then? It’s so pointless. Just move along to something you are interested in head.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
This has probably come up in these threads before but people who feel the need to reply to every single thing they read on Facebook or Twitter, even if it’s irrelevant to them.

For example, the Neighbours confirmation today that it’s ending, the people replying to just say ‘never watched it’ and nothing else. Ok that’s fine but why bother to reply at all then? It’s so pointless. Just move along to something you are interested in head.
Like people who leave reviews for things they haven’t tried 🤦🏼‍♀️
“haven’t used it yet”
“was given as a gift so I don’t know whether she likes it”

JUST DON’T LEAVE A REVIEW THEN, IT IS NOT A LEGAL REQUIREMENT

• Haha
Reactions: 31
people complaining about sizes being too small or 'child sized' when in reality they're just fat.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.