Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Getting cravings - I haven’t wanted chocolate for a while but now it’s all that I can think about 😵💫

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Having to repeat myself. When I say something and someone says “what?”, I genuinely can’t describe it but I get a ferocious anger come over me and I feel like saying NOTHING JUST FORGET IT! Genuinely hate repeating myself 😬
Christ, you would hate me. I will ask you at least 3 times do you want tea. coffee. milk and sugar and for some reason, my mind refuses to take in your reply. (same with your name) I'm normally good at listening to someone but in some cases, the info won't go in

Getting cravings - I haven’t wanted chocolate for a while but now it’s all that I can think about 😵💫
Try magnesium.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When people have same sex kids and rather than saying ‘the kids’ they say, ‘the girls’ or ‘the boys’
Have 2 boys myself and I only refer to them as the kids. Petty I know, but it bugs me 😆
Even worse is when someone posts a photo of their sketty fella and snotty male children, captioned “my boys”. Blergh.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When people have same sex kids and rather than saying ‘the kids’ they say, ‘the girls’ or ‘the boys’
Have 2 boys myself and I only refer to them as the kids. Petty I know, but it bugs me 😆
that doesn’t bother me as much as ‘boy mum’ or ‘girl mum’

🤢

get a life.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Adverts that feature a celeb claiming to use that product. Yeah I'm sure Lenny Henry loves a city break in a Premier Inn, and there's no doubt that Winkleman and Willoughby get their lovely locks from that £5 box of Garnier Nutrisse. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I enter a lot of competitions and I can’t stand people who enter and comment stuff like
‘ooh I’d love to win this had such a hard year after losing my dad’
Or ‘tagging my brave friend who is an NHS nurse FINGERS CROSSED!!!’
to be clear this is for competitions where the only requirement is to enter. You are not being asked why you deserve to win.
The reason this annoys me is because idgaf

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I enter a lot of competitions and I can’t stand people who enter and comment stuff like
to be clear this is for competitions where the only requirement is to enter. You are not being asked why you deserve to win.
Yes, as if honestly a tugging-at-the-heartstrings story will make a difference!

Reactions: 11
Everyone who has entered my local radio comps has a sob story and surprise surprise has gone on to win the big bucks. It’s a con and I don’t enter them anymore!

Also I would bleeping LOVE it if when asked what they are going to spend the money on they’d say “oh I’m going to clear off my debts/pay my rent/put some aside for a car repair/ try and get ahead in my bills instead of the standard “oh we’re off to America in June so it’ll be nice to have a bit of spending money or ooh a nice holiday would be nice.

LET PEOPLE WHO NEED THE CASH WIN FOR ONCE! I’d honestly sob for someone who was honest and said they were going to pay off their debts with a win. That’s life changing for that one person.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Everyone who has entered my local radio comps has a sob story and surprise surprise has gone on to win the big bucks. It’s a con and I don’t enter them anymore!

Also I would bleeping LOVE it if when asked what they are going to spend the money on they’d say “oh I’m going to clear off my debts/pay my rent/put some aside for a car repair/ try and get ahead in my bills instead of the standard “oh we’re off to America in June so it’ll be nice to have a bit of spending money or ooh a nice holiday would be nice.

LET PEOPLE WHO NEED THE CASH WIN FOR ONCE! I’d honestly sob for someone who was honest and said they were going to pay off their debts with a win. That’s life changing for that one person.
Exactly! I was watching tipping point the other day, and the bloke who was in the final was asked what he'd like to do with the £10,000, and he replied: I'd like to upgrade my holiday to business class and better hotels!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Exactly! I was watching tipping point the other day, and the bloke who was in the final was asked what he'd like to do with the £10,000, and he replied: I'd like to upgrade my holiday to business class and better hotels!
I often wonder what sort of lives some people are living. So often the answers are expensive holidays etc. All frivolous

I'd pay off my mortgage, help family and friends and put some away for savings if there was any left. Even having a mortgage to pay off puts me in a better position than others who would likely use a win to get on the housing ladder. It seems a lot of people are happy to fund their lives on the 'never never'. It's madness. Like someone said earlier, I'd prefer people whose lives it would actually change to win.

I was watching The Wall the other week and it was a family who would use it for a Camper Van. They had a disabled child and couldn't go away on holidays because of his needs. Purchasing a Camper would allow that to happen. Something genuine and life changing to them (still a luxury for some admittedly). They lost everything and I actually cried. At The sodding Wall 🤦‍♀️ but my heart hurt for them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Whenever anything else is reported on at the moment - especially of a fun or happy nature - people stop to comment on how articles shouldn't be allowed at times like this.

I'm as worried as the next person about the Russian-Ukraine tension, but wars are happening all the time and it's not as if the average person can do much about it.

Finding or making time to read about something not war related does not mean you don't care about what else is happening, so stop telling people what to do or how to think!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Whenever anything else is reported on at the moment - especially of a fun or happy nature - people stop to comment on how articles shouldn't be allowed at times like this.

I'm as worried as the next person about the Russian-Ukraine tension, but wars are happening all the time and it's not as if the average person can do much about it.

Finding or making time to read about something not war related does not mean you don't care about what else is happening, so stop telling people what to do or how to think!
I dip into the Ukraine thread a few times a day and people are scared to death but still watching the news 24.7 as they feel it's disrespectful not to. WTF How does anyone being scared to death but still watching fear-based news help anyone, least of all those in Ukraine? Then in the next post, they want to ride the president's bones I cant get my head around it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Bought a dinner set yesterday

Got home, opened it and it’s completely smashed to bits, it’s well packaged so couldn’t hear any broken plates rustling about

now I have the ‘gulit’ of taking it back and looking guilty that I dropped it

it’s the same guilt I feel when walking through security at a airport and knowing I haven’t done anything wrong but feel I have 🤣

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I don’t know if this counts but it is so weird to me: people who have pictures of themselves (not a group shot) as their phone background.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don’t know if this counts but it is so weird to me: people who have pictures of themselves (not a group shot) as their phone background.
Along with those who have their FB profile pic and cover photo as a sole photo of themselves

Reactions: 4
Bought a dinner set yesterday

Got home, opened it and it’s completely smashed to bits, it’s well packaged so couldn’t hear any broken plates rustling about

now I have the ‘gulit’ of taking it back and looking guilty that I dropped it

it’s the same guilt I feel when walking through security at a airport and knowing I haven’t done anything wrong but feel I have 🤣
Like when there's a police car behind you and you're sure they're following you! 😬😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I dip into the Ukraine thread a few times a day and people are scared to death but still watching the news 24.7 as they feel it's disrespectful not to. WTF How does anyone being scared to death but still watching fear-based news help anyone, least of all those in Ukraine? Then in the next post, they want to ride the president's bones I cant get my head around it.
I learned my lesson with covid doom scrolling. It cause major insomnia and anxiety for me. I can’t control or change Ukraine or could I covid, so apart from just flicking over the headlines, I bury my head in the sand. At times like these I keep my world small.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.