Little things in life that annoy you immensely #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In school assemblies, parents who never look up from their phones to clap or listen to any children other than their own. Makes me so angry.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
In school assemblies, parents who never look up from their phones to clap or listen to any children other than their own. Makes me so angry.
Parents in general, who are on their phone all the time and not giving attention to their child.

Reactions: 35
When your Internet speed is slow and you do a legit online test and it confirms it. You then do a test from your expensive service provider's website and everything's hunky dory! You can't watch a 1930s film with no SPFX on your ancient laptop which you have been doing with no problems until a few days ago but it's just my imagination bc my service is fantastic! :mad: BT why you lie? :unsure:

• Sad
Reactions: 15
People who stop in the most awkward of places to either chat to someone or check their phone.

Reactions: 42
special shoutout to people who do this in the middle of the aisle in supermarkets!
Yeah that is irritating. I'm silently standing there thinking 'budge. Have you no awareness?'

My bugbear tonight is that I have things to do but am procrastinating, so I'm actually just annoyed with myself

Reactions: 8
MIL just referred to her next door neighbour, who is in her 30s, as "the little girl next door". Which suggests she would also refer to me as a little girl (I'm 33). She was mentioned because MIL thinks it would be nice for me to have some "little mum friends nearby". We're GROWN ASS WOMEN 😤 ugh, can you literally get any more patronising?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Right now, it's that the light has faded so I have to get up from my comfortable position and put the light switch on

Reactions: 8
All my local coffee shops seem to have stopped giving out sleeves with takeaway coffee cups. Not sure if there's a shortage or maybe it's an environmental thing which I get - but my hands can't cope with the burn 😂

Reactions: 7
It's the start of the school holidays and it's already started...

The messages from school mum's.
For context - Child's best friend is doing a holiday club.

"Just a thought...my little popsicle is doing xyz holiday club and I wondered if your little bubbles would like to join them. Keep each other company. I thought it would be nice.

It *only* costs £25 per day. Bring a packed lunch. Let me know how that sounds"

In other words, you want me to spend £25 per day so that your little popsicle isn't by themselves and now I've got to find an excuse 1. My child can't lie and 2. I don't want to look a cheapskate AGAIN😠😩

• Sad
  • Haha
I maybe out of touch, but isn't 25 pounds a lot of money to waste on nothing.

Reactions: 23
I maybe out of touch, but isn't 25 pounds a lot of money to waste on nothing.
Well exactly...a ball game and a few crafts doesn't cut it for me.
I don't even need the holiday club so I'd literally be spending £25 (per day!!!) for my child to keep their friend company.
I get these texts every holiday...it's starting to get really annoying!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Well exactly...a ball game and a few crafts doesn't cut it for me.
I don't even need the holiday club so I'd literally be spending £25 (per day!!!) for my child to keep their friend company.
I get these texts every holiday...it's starting to get really annoying!
If you don't need the holiday club then tell her you have it covered and invite the friend for tea one night? Don't spend money to suit her agenda.

Of course when I said this fellow mum said 'Oh then you could have X one day for me' 😬. So maybe don't do that !

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It's the start of the school holidays and it's already started...

The messages from school mum's.
For context - Child's best friend is doing a holiday club.

"Just a thought...my little popsicle is doing xyz holiday club and I wondered if your little bubbles would like to join them. Keep each other company. I thought it would be nice.

It *only* costs £25 per day. Bring a packed lunch. Let me know how that sounds"

In other words, you want me to spend £25 per day so that your little popsicle isn't by themselves and now I've got to find an excuse 1. My child can't lie and 2. I don't want to look a cheapskate AGAIN😠😩
Some people are so oblivious aren't they. £25 a day! I'd have been tempted to 'reassure' her that her darling popsicle wouldn't be alone, she will literally be with lots of other children and the opportunity to make new friends should be seen as a positive.

Also, I wouldn't worry about being seen as a cheapskate. It's not cheap not to want to pay out £125 for five days, for no good reason. It's sensible.

If you don't need the holiday club then tell her you have it covered and invite the friend for tea one night? Don't spend money to suit her agenda.

Of course when I said this fellow mum said 'Oh then you could have X one day for me' 😬. So maybe don't do that !
I know...that's the thing! Whatever you say, ends up creating another issue. And creating a rod for your own back. I've been down this road before with my teens.

Just yesterday, I was teaching my youngest about the power of saying 'No'. It was a motivational speech for a junior! 🤣

Yet, here's the perfect example.

Another thing I find immensely annoying is when WhatsApp says 'typing...'
I've literally spent about 3 hours writing the 'we're busy' excuse...in the nicest possible way. 😬😳

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.