Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Snotty assumptions that "everyone wants to work in X but they don't consider whether it pays well!" This is increasingly used to suggest that anyone working in a non-STEM job is lazy as they "just want to be writers or musicians or footballers etc." And it can also be classist/sexist e.g. I once worked in a town that had a lot of jobs going for nurses or carers, but not many in other areas so a lot of people ended up in that field just to be employed. It therefore makes my blood boil a bit when I see the suggestion that "women harm their earning potential because they choose professions like health care." People don't always have a choice

My current job is in PR within a corporate field that is, to be honest, pretty boring. I come across quite a few people in this field that sneer at graduates wanting to work in consumer or fashion, etc. PR as somehow lazy or deluded. Be quiet you bitter old trout

Reactions: 2

Rainbow1

VIP Member
When websites charge for delivery
I’m so used to not paying delivery charges now that when I shop on a website that does it’s not okay 🤣

buying chocolate from Hotel Chocolat who annoyingly have a delivery fee no matter how much you spend
while I’m on one the same applies to clothing websites that don’t offer free returns

once bought some gorgeous dresses online but unfortunately just didn’t suit, had to pay £13 to return them 🤯
Would love to re order but it’s put me right off

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I’m really annoyed I don’t own a dishwasher now. Also on the bra front why are the bigger sized bras so ugly?

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Hate that I’m almost sounding ungrateful here but my partner mentioned a few months ago about getting a coffee machine
I wasn’t fussed either way I use our Nespresso machine and quite like it
My birthday next week and I’ve accidentally seen he’s ordered a coffee machine… a £600 one
I’m so annoyed that he’s spent that much money and secondly on a ‘present’ for me which isn’t even something i asked for/wanted?!
Has he been coveting one?

Leo100

VIP Member
Yeah pizza hut has gone down hill. I went the other week , tbh I still enjoyed the pizza that was nice but the actual atmosphere of the restaurant was like a supermarket cafe and it was cold. It wasn't too busy so wasn't the noise of kids or anything and I'm not expecting High end restaurant experience but still don't think I'll be in a rush to go back unless maybe take away

Melian

VIP Member
I have a huge front room and there's a radiator behind the door. There's all this wall space where it could have gone! It being behind a door is so unhelpful.

• Haha

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Oi, they still ask that you do on public transport!

I hadn't thought anyone might misinterpret that as virtue signalling, I dislike wearing them
If you live in a place where its not the law i.e not Scotland then don't wear it. You said they "ask" you wear it, that doesn't sound too me like it's the law. I mean, for those that want to wear it fine but when you don't and its not the law then 🤷‍♀️

ouroboros

VIP Member
Buying 2 packs of what I thought was AAA batteries, thye were AA which I rarely use. (I'm visually impaired and sometimes it's hard to read certain packaging)
I did exactly the same and I'm not visually impaired. Easily done.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Anyone else get really stressed with sound worms? I get songs stuck in my head all the time and mostly I haven't heard them for ages so am absolutely clueless to were it came from, or even worse I don't even know the words, so I am hearing the tune and haven't got a bloody clue what the song is! 🙉
I always have an earworm and they can last for years at a time, mostly its a week or two or they go for a few mths and then came back and push out the new earworm
Drives me mad when people say "and today's ear worm is" I so wish it was a different song every day.

When you take antibiotics to make you better but they give you a whole other ailment to put up with 😩
Antibiotics made me really ill and gave me a leaky gut that almost killed me (well the medical profession did) always have to get gut health back to normal after taking those things not that Drs tell you this.

Pinkii

VIP Member
I want a chicken big mac! We have one mcd near us and it always seem to be sold out but i don’t understand..

husband and I wanted it, they didnt have any left apparently so i got a mchicken sandwich and he got a big mac instead 🥴 it doesn’t make sense.

You have the chicken, you have the sauce…

ouroboros

VIP Member
People who refer to children as ‘crotch goblins’ it’s just such an awful and vulgar term to describe a child. Not sure why it’s a thing now to act like you hate children especially your own.
Wow, I’ve never heard that before, how awful. Mine is grown up and lives in another country but I still find myself sniggering at their silly antics. Why have kids if you hate them! 🙄

There are so many intolerant people around and they are normally the worst for moaning about everyone and everything. Give me a week in the company of a family with children and pets that jump over you then one hour in negative person's company, even one who never speaks their negative thoughts, I can feel their simmering rage/resentment coming out their pores 🤣
A lot of people seem to be intolerant and obstinate for the sake of it. If I say black you say white, just because you can, not because you need to! I just think ‘you’ve basically got nothing to say and you’re still saying it too loudly’ to those people. 😏

Leo100

VIP Member
I used to drop my daughter off early for school at breakfast club and the shop car park over the road from the school which most parents use for school run was always dead at that time other than 1 or 2 cars but there's plenty of spaces.

Anyway this van without fail every morning would get there after me , reverse right next to where I'm parked and watch his child walk into school ( he was old enough to walk alone) but it pissed me off that he made an effort to park so close and I don't get why he didn't just stop near the school gates and watch him go in if he wasn't getting out!!

Anne1448

VIP Member
I worked in a restaurant last year and was reduced to tears every shift because of how people spoke to me. Mostly about things that weren’t my fault or out of our control. One person actually got out of their seat and screamed in my face that her whole meal was ruined because their peppercorn sauce was late to arrive.

Since covid I’ve noticed people have no filter, they feel like they can treat staff like crap and there will be no consequences. Makes me so mad.
I totally feel your pain.

When I was younger I worked as a waitress during summer to pay for university and customers would harass me (men as per usual), try to touch me or belittle me.

Since then, I promised myself that I would never let anyone treat me like that. But it easier to say that as an Engineer now working from home. Than when my family was poor and I had no choice.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Random annoyance.

Been watching best home cook on netflix and I hate the way Mary berry eats. She eats with her canine teeth. Put the cutlery in sideways. Very annoying.
Yes! Its one of those things that once you notice it, it's all you see. Think she has some issues with her hands from a childhood disease (polio?). Poss effects how she uses cutlery although why bite from the side?

Love Maz Bez.

ouroboros

VIP Member
Apparently on YT if you fast forward to the end and then watch again, the ads go, but it definitely doesn't work on a mac!