Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you go out to eat with someone that eats like a pigeon and they say omg I'm so full after like 2 nibbles. And you're there like šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

I can eat enough for a small village, if I'm going out to eat i am eating every single scrap on my plate. You'll have to sit and watch me demolish the lot. Not sorry šŸ˜˜šŸ˜‚
It is better to do this than waste food, which really annoys me.

Reactions: 3
That Instagram pose where the woman tugs a strand of her hair and pulls her head to one side. "Look at me - I'm so coquettish!"šŸ¤Ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The way Americans pronounce pecan, pe-CAHHN really annoys me
Can I add on how they pronounce Craig to this? Itā€™s not Crag thereā€™s an aig in it why would you have a thing called Craigā€™s list? You canā€™t even pronounce it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Can I add on how they pronounce Craig to this? Itā€™s not Crag thereā€™s an aig in it why would you have a thing called Craigā€™s list? You canā€™t even pronounce it.
Add the way some Americans say leg. Sure Iā€™ve mentioned this before but worth repeating as itā€™s so annoying. They say ā€˜lay-igā€™ it makes me shudder every time! But not all Americans do it!

How about when people say, ā€œthanking youā€, rather than ā€œthank youā€?! I think it sounds sleazy!

• Haha
I donā€™t know how people can concentrate with music so loud! Itā€™s like when you have to turn down your car radio to be able to look for a street sign or something šŸ˜…

And I couldnā€™t have my AirPods so loud when Iā€™m out walking. I need to be aware of how loud Iā€™m breathing šŸ˜‚
I can't understand why someone needs their music so loud whilst driving that I can hear it over my headphones. (which aren't that loud)

Reactions: 6
Tin foil! Once it's unraveled that's it , it's a mess and I've just dropped a roll on the floor and it went right across the kitchen now it'll never be the same again or fit in the drawer it was in šŸ˜«šŸ˜«
I find clingfilm even worse than tin foil. My husband insists on throwing the box away because he used to work in kitchens and knows a way to rip it without the cutting thing on the box. Trouble is, I donā€™t know that way, so end up ruining the whole roll trying to get some off.

Reactions: 6
I can't understand why someone needs their music so loud whilst driving that I can hear it over my headphones. (which aren't that loud)
I'm glad others have this issue. Apparently, I'm just over sensitive!
Why TV companies put the speakers at the back of a TV when most people now mount their TV on the walls.
And vice versa, why people stick a TV on their wall when volume is at the back - then insist on blasting their volume.

My neighbours have a TV on their bedroom wall...their bedroom is connected to my bedroom...

Might as well be sleeping with the 'Love Island' contestants myself, I can hear every. bleeping. word.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Add the way some Americans say leg. Sure Iā€™ve mentioned this before but worth repeating as itā€™s so annoying. They say ā€˜lay-igā€™ it makes me shudder every time! But not all Americans do it!
Janice from the Sopranos used to say it like that. I'd never heard it before but it annoyed the hell out of me!

When"already" is added to the end of a sentence. "Just do it already".

Reactions: 5
Why do people feel the need to comment on weight?

shopping with a family member I try a jacket on and say ahh Iā€™ll try size X on
They go ā€˜size X really for you?!ā€™

as in itā€™ll be way too small for me

I try not to burst into tears and then feel the need to explain that I already own similar jacket and it fits perfect

they say woman are far too sensitive about weight

canā€™t explain how annoyed I am- I had a baby a year ago and have lost 4 stone in weight and still not at weight Iā€™d like to be but not far off

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
When Influencers think they are amazing writers and push out a paragraph of utterly tit writing that's bone-crunchingly self absorbed to explain how they are feeling the second something happens.

Reactions: 17
I'm glad others have this issue. Apparently, I'm just over sensitive!
Why TV companies put the speakers at the back of a TV when most people now mount their TV on the walls.
And vice versa, why people stick a TV on their wall when volume is at the back - then insist on blasting their volume.

My neighbours have a TV on their bedroom wall...their bedroom is connected to my bedroom...

Might as well be sleeping with the 'Love Island' contestants myself, I can hear every. bleeping. word.
I used to have this problem with my old neighbours. I could even work out stuff they were watching on streaming services because I could hear the tv so clearly!

Reactions: 2
Why do people feel the need to comment on weight?

shopping with a family member I try a jacket on and say ahh Iā€™ll try size X on
They go ā€˜size X really for you?!ā€™

as in itā€™ll be way too small for me

I try not to burst into tears and then feel the need to explain that I already own similar jacket and it fits perfect

they say woman are far too sensitive about weight

canā€™t explain how annoyed I am- I had a baby a year ago and have lost 4 stone in weight and still not at weight Iā€™d like to be but not far off
You are worthy and valid at any size. Your body has done an amazing thing! Size is just a number on a label. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
People who are falsely claiming they are Covid-positive to get out of doing things ...

• Wow
Cars with elaborate indicator lights. I was behind a car today which had a very distracting strobe indicator effect. I think it was an Audi - annoying fancy lights seem to be their "thing". Just another needless feature to go wrong and cost a bomb to replace.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.