Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
World Book Day. My god, those three words combined make me want to run for the hills. Our school is doing it a week late (????). My son found an outfit last week and (from bitter experience) I stressed that he had to be happy with it and he assured me he was. Now he says none of the kids in his class have heard of the book and I now have to spend an evening trawling around the shops looking for something cheap and plastic for him to wear.

Do you ever see Dads doing that? do you f**ck.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
World Book Day. My god, those three words combined make me want to run for the hills. Our school is doing it a week late (????). My son found an outfit last week and (from bitter experience) I stressed that he had to be happy with it and he assured me he was. Now he says none of the kids in his class have heard of the book and I now have to spend an evening trawling around the shops looking for something cheap and plastic for him to wear.

Teacher on book day! it's just a screenshot. Pretty gross and pervy whichever way you look at it.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Preach 🙌 I had all the last minute chopping and changing last week. Do what another other genius poster suggested and dress him all in the same colour, send him as a book mark!

I have previously cut up old clothes and sent son as Oliver/the twits. Best of luck !

Reactions: 4
When you take off screen lock on your phone to watch something horizontally, and then forget to put it back on and later in bed it switches to horizontal on its own 😡😡😡

Reactions: 16
Companies and charities that are over familiar,and write messages as if they were your friend.
Ocado, just eat and Amazon are pretty bad....like k#####, we've missed you so much....(ha ha) yeah because I haven't been spending any money recently, that's why .. 😁
It's all the exhortion's to treat myself, that get on my nerves, like I would need any incentive....like they're
doing me a personal favour, even though I must have spent a fortune over the years ....
Like we have a special 20 per cent discount just for you ...er hello algorithms....you know me so well :D

The worst was when I checked my in box, Tonight and got a message from open democracy, from Peter (we are on first name terms now are we?) and again...it was all hello K#####, I'm not gonna lie I, am so emotional right now,...... can't believe I'm having to write this...blah blah blah....
Basically a begging letter/ guilt trip into me sending money to donate to the Ukraine....other members have done it, and we'll match whatever you send,..oh we know you're having a hard time right now, and people in the UK are pressed for cash, but please donate ....blah blah blah.
Yeah no pressure then. Jeez 😳
Also I'm sorry, but how does me sending money (or other members) equate to standing up to Putin, yeah right....(sorry to be cynical, but you know that's over stretching it)
I genuinely feel for people(without needing prompting), but this is pulling at the heartstrings till they snap, tbh....it feels off to me.

Reactions: 8
Having piles, then having to push them back in, so you don’t feel like a baboon.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Insensitive Daily Mail headlines. Two recent ones I saw
"(Name of Actress) aged 79 is dead"
"Family of four wiped out in Ukraine"

Reactions: 7
People who think enjoying cleaning and housework is a personality trait and are aghast that you would pay a cleaner to come in and do it for you. Sorry Susan but I work 40 hours a week and have small kids so you'll have to excuse me if I don't feel excited at the prospect of spending my weekend blitzing my house. You boring anyone who'll listen about how you strip your beds every Friday, defrost your fridge and spend all Sat on your windows doesn't make you a better person. And stop reminding everyone how you're OCD and germ phobic. We get it you genuinely like cleaning and find that rather cute about yourself . Well I don't 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Insensitive Daily Mail headlines. Two recent ones I saw
"(Name of Actress) aged 79 is dead"
"Family of four wiped out in Ukraine"
They are shockers. One of my life's missions is to never end up in the daily mail, they must pride themselves on being as offensive as possible "so-and-so who lives in a £250k down at heel house and drives a fiat..." etc etc or "hooker murdered" etc. They love doing it.

One of my minor irritances is needing the loo but not wanting to get up when you're snuggled in bed.

Reactions: 6
when you wrap a towel round your wet hair and it keeps coming undone and falling off

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Companies and charities that are over familiar,and write messages as if they were your friend.
Ocado, just eat and Amazon are pretty bad....like k#####, we've missed you so much....(ha ha) yeah because I haven't been spending any money recently, that's why .. 😁
It's all the exhortion's to treat myself, that get on my nerves, like I would need any incentive....like they're
doing me a personal favour, even though I must have spent a fortune over the years ....
Like we have a special 20 per cent discount just for you ...er hello algorithms....you know me so well :D

The worst was when I checked my in box, Tonight and got a message from open democracy, from Peter (we are on first name terms now are we?) and again...it was all hello K#####, I'm not gonna lie I, am so emotional right now,...... can't believe I'm having to write this...blah blah blah....
Basically a begging letter/ guilt trip into me sending money to donate to the Ukraine....other members have done it, and we'll match whatever you send,..oh we know you're having a hard time right now, and people in the UK are pressed for cash, but please donate ....blah blah blah.
Yeah no pressure then. Jeez 😳
Also I'm sorry, but how does me sending money (or other members) equate to standing up to Putin, yeah right....(sorry to be cynical, but you know that's over stretching it)
I genuinely feel for people(without needing prompting), but this is pulling at the heartstrings till they snap, tbh....it feels off to me.
That'd be straight in the spam bin for me ✋

On Teams when someone asks a question, someone else replies and the first person then says thank you, and the person who replies says you’re welcome, and the first person then posts a smiley face - STOP IT. I get enough teams notifications as it is without adding in this 50 times a day.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My ever growing odd sock pile!
When I had all three children living at home plus a couple of their friends who would regularly stay overnight, my odd sock pile grew at an alarming rate. I did a count one day of all the odd socks, there were 74 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My ever growing odd sock pile!
Have you checked behind the radiators?! Sounds strange but I place wet socks on radiators and one day I’d checked behind them all and found about 15 behind 3/4 radiators 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Have you checked behind the radiators?! Sounds strange but I place wet socks on radiators and one day I’d checked behind them all and found about 15 behind 3/4 radiators 😂
This happens to me too 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.