Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who touch you as they squeeze past you in crowded places.
Clapping, especially people who clap loudly 🤣

Reactions: 8
The "new" notes I have just tried for ages to put £600 into an envelope after it's been stored in £100s WTF how on earth do banks count this money that does what it feels like?

Reactions: 1
When you buy something and the shop has used the cheapest sticky label which you can't remove easily.

If you do manage to scrape it off, you're left with a tacky glue mark

Reactions: 9
Im so glad for this thread 2 things really grind at me lately the first is people who write I brought this in a shop instead of bought and those that put the extra F on of and leave it off for the word off

• Heart
When you buy something and the shop has used the cheapest sticky label which you can't remove easily.

If you do manage to scrape it off, you're left with a tacky glue mark
I saw a shared video that was suggesting that if you heat the sticker with a hair dryer it should peel off easily. I’ve not tried it though!

Reactions: 2
At the till in a supermarket and about to pay by contactless card. But for some reason the card does not work because there is a problem with the machine that scans them. I do not have another card in my purse or any money. And my trolley is full of bagged items but I cannot take with me.

The person at the till tells me to take my trolley to another till and start again or leave everything behind and leave.
This has happened twice in two weeks at different places and it is very embarrassing :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
i dont understand why people are so nosy about others' lives but dont share anything about their own? i was texting someone the other day and it turned out that both of us had handed in our resignations at our jobs. i asked them where they are headed. they completely ignored my text and have asked me thrice where i am off to. none of this is supposed to be a secret but i dont get it, surely this is simple conversation etiquette?

Reactions: 13
Random annoyance.

Been watching best home cook on netflix and I hate the way Mary berry eats. She eats with her canine teeth. Put the cutlery in sideways. Very annoying.

• Haha
When you put your music on shuffle but the selection it gives you is shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
There’s a place near me that’s quite good for walks and I made the stupid mistake of mentioning it to someone at work and now everyone goes there every weekend so I can’t go there without bumping into someone

• Sad
  • Haha
It is annoying why a half tin of say diced pineapples cost more based on weight than a bigger tin of the same product.

Example.
A 220g of tinned pineapples. 80p at Asda. Or 57.1p per 100g
A 435g tin (almost twice size) of same. £1.10 at Asda. Or 42.3p per 100g

And it is not only pineapples but other tinned products too. Why is this? Seems very unfair.

It is annoying why a half tin of say diced pineapples cost more based on weight than a bigger tin of the same product.

Example.
A 220g of tinned pineapples. 80p at Asda. Or 57.1p per 100g
A 435g tin (almost twice size) of same. £1.10 at Asda. Or 42.3p per 100g

And it is not only pineapples but other tinned products too. Why is this? Seems very unfair.
Also bottled goods, it's due to the cost of packaging/production. It takes half the time to produce/fill a large bottle/tin as 2 small ones

Reactions: 4
Random annoyance.

Been watching best home cook on netflix and I hate the way Mary berry eats. She eats with her canine teeth. Put the cutlery in sideways. Very annoying.
I need to watch this now!

• Haha
Groups of people blocking the pavement who seem surprised when you ask them to move.

It gets said all the time but idiots who make “offers” when you’re selling something expensive online. No, I will not accept 30% less if I’m in no hurry to sell. Just been back and forth declining some scruff because the app means you have to reply or your response rate suffers. Then they finish with “I’ll buy one new then WITH A WARRANTY”. Knock yourself out, mate 🤣 you’re not having mine for less than the very reasonable asking price 🖕🏻

• Heart
Random annoyance.

Yes! Its one of those things that once you notice it, it's all you see. Think she has some issues with her hands from a childhood disease (polio?). Poss effects how she uses cutlery although why bite from the side?

Love Maz Bez.

Ticked off my calendar this morning and could not believe we are almost half way through January.

Seems like Christmas and New Year were a distant memory.

Time moves to fast sometimes

Reactions: 6
Ticked off my calendar this morning and could not believe we are almost half way through January.

Seems like Christmas and New Year were a distant memory.

Time moves to fast sometimes
I actually can't believe its only half way through January.

It feels like January has been going for about 3 months.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes! Its one of those things that once you notice it, it's all you see. Think she has some issues with her hands from a childhood disease (polio?). Poss effects how she uses cutlery although why bite from the side?

Love Maz Bez.
Front teeth might be false and back teeth original so easy yo bite with compared to the dentures perhaps.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.