Little things in life that annoy you immensely #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Coat hangers.
How do they get tangled on so many different things?
I can't cope with hangers, even just walking past a shop display will have hangers jumping off the rails onto me.
Wires, any wires within moments of setting up a new PC or anything and it will be a huge tangle
When I vacuum I knit jumpers as I go I don't understand how other people seem to have no problems with wires

Reactions: 3
Online retailers that advertise a product to order now with a forecast of sometimes up to 12 weeks. I’m all for helping businesses but I don’t agree with the customer having to pay the full price upfront with that long a wait, they’ve got their profit immediately and the customer has nothing. They should either order it in good faith and charge the customer at the time they are ready to fulfill it or take a reasonable deposit. Just feels one-sided to me.

Reactions: 8
Why are raw chicken breasts so massive? Like to roast them for a meal rather than a whole chicken but there’s too much (for each person) plus they take ages.

Why are raw chicken breasts so massive? Like to roast them for a meal rather than a whole chicken but there’s too much (for each person) plus they take ages.
You should buy thighs instead, cheaper and nicer!

Reactions: 4
I always think that the UK ones seem small when compared to US ones. You’ll see a recipe that needs a couple of pounds of chicken and it’s literally just a couple of breasts, whereas you’d need loads over here to make up the same weight. Not that I’m advocating for US food production rules, just that it’s one of those things that has always struck me.

Reactions: 2
Friends trying to organise a Christmas night out get together but insist we do a ‘activity’ e.g a Escape Room or crazy golf as well as a meal

as it’s Christmas and one of very few nights out I want to get all dressed up and sit in a nice bar having cocktails followed by a dinner, escape rooms or crazy golf just do not appeal at all!

annoyingly feel like I either have to along with the crowd or make a excuse why I can’t go

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I am a greedy pig, so I don't think they are big enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Friends trying to organise a Christmas night out get together but insist we do a ‘activity’ e.g a Escape Room or crazy golf as well as a meal

as it’s Christmas and one of very few nights out I want to get all dressed up and sit in a nice bar having cocktails followed by a dinner, escape rooms or crazy golf just do not appeal at all!

annoyingly feel like I either have to along with the crowd or make a excuse why I can’t go
I always hated those! - usually bowling (so boring), once we had to do clay pigeon shooting (boring and freezing), there’s probably others I’ve forgotten about.

Reactions: 5
The way all sense and road knowledge leaves everyone’s brains at a mini roundabout and everyone comes to a complete stop. If nobody’s to the right of you just go Jesus christtttttttt
Or the ones who clearly have right of way over oncoming traffic (e.g. when the other lane is closed for a small stretch) and they just stop and let all the oncoming traffic pass because they don’t know they have right of way.

• Angry
Or the ones who clearly have right of way over oncoming traffic (e.g. when the other lane is closed for a small stretch) and they just stop and let all the oncoming traffic pass because they don’t know they have right of way.

Honestly I should have just put everyone elses driving as something which annoys me immensely 😂 I can't be a passenger in my mums car because she puts the brakes on at green lights and if she'd speaking to you she starts putting them on and it fills me with too much rage

Reactions: 3
I always think that the UK ones seem small when compared to US ones. You’ll see a recipe that needs a couple of pounds of chicken and it’s literally just a couple of breasts, whereas you’d need loads over here to make up the same weight. Not that I’m advocating for US food production rules, just that it’s one of those things that has always struck me.
a lot of them are injected with water to make them bigger

I always hated those! - usually bowling (so boring), once we had to do clay pigeon shooting (boring and freezing), there’s probably others I’ve forgotten about.
I hate enforced fun things, I don't mind going for dinner or a drink or something but any kind of activity I just hate

Reactions: 9
Few of my radiators need bleeding. Did one using a flathead screwdriver because I couldn’t find the radiator key and it worked fine, went to do the other ones and couldn’t use a screw driver as there’s no slit for the screwdriver to be able to turn it. Stupid design.

Reactions: 1
Shop staff who have no clue what they sell and won’t check, bought something I hadn’t bought before last week, it was on offer and really nice. So this week I decided to buy more, as it was on offer it wasn’t in its normal section, but I couldn’t remember where in the store i had found it. Asked supervisor, she took me to the normal area, not there, she said offers only last a week.

got home, check online offer is on till after Christmas

Reactions: 5
Shop staff who have no clue what they sell and won’t check, bought something I hadn’t bought before last week, it was on offer and really nice. So this week I decided to buy more, as it was on offer it wasn’t in its normal section, but I couldn’t remember where in the store i had found it. Asked supervisor, she took me to the normal area, not there, she said offers only last a week.

got home, check online offer is on till after Christmas
Exactly , John Lewis used to be really good for things like electronics, they could igve you good advice etc, I went to buy a laptop there a couple of years ago as even though it is more expensive I appreciate the advice. The girl working there had no idea about anything, she just googled information about each thing I asked, I could do that myself!
The only shops I find where staff are knowledgable are waterstones

Clothes that lie. Label says Oo I'm fine to go in the tumble dryer pop me in I love it. Especially kids polo's that come out pre school size 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Exactly , John Lewis used to be really good for things like electronics, they could igve you good advice etc, I went to buy a laptop there a couple of years ago as even though it is more expensive I appreciate the advice. The girl working there had no idea about anything, she just googled information about each thing I asked, I could do that myself!
The only shops I find where staff are knowledgable are waterstones
At least with John Lewis you get extended warranty, they used to price match, have they stopped?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.