Little things in life that annoy you immensely #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your husband was probably so focused on his phone activity that it blocked out whatever you were saying.
If my husband is staring at his phone I could say I'm having an affair with John who does the trolleys at the big Tesco and he wouldn't flinch. Not a flicker.
I mean if he had said “ sorry I wasn’t listening” okay but it was just the way he has categorically denied I’d said anything and that I’d imagined saying it

omg I think it’s because he often insists I’ve never said anything and this time it’s the last straw

Reactions: 5
Hospital car parks 😡

Went to an appointment, machine wasn’t taking £2 coins! (It’s 2021 ffs!) so someone kindly exchanged their pounds with my £2 coin. Then tried to put the coins in machine and they weren’t going in. Pressed info button and said out of order! Tried other machines and it was same. No attendant around to help. Had to download the app, register my car and card then pay. Made me late for my appointment. I complained to security who just said nothing to do with them. bleeping useless

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Hospital car parks 😡

Went to an appointment, machine wasn’t taking £2 coins! (It’s 2021 ffs!) so someone kindly exchanged their pounds with my £2 coin. Then tried to put the coins in machine and they weren’t going in. Pressed info button and said out of order! Tried other machines and it was same. No attendant around to help. Had to download the app, register my car and card then pay. Made me late for my appointment. I complained to security who just said nothing to do with them. bleeping useless
It is ridiculous that you have to pay for a hospital car park at all, as long as you can prove you are there for an appt it should be free imo

Reactions: 12
It is ridiculous that you have to pay for a hospital car park at all, as long as you can prove you are there for an appt it should be free imo
yes totally agree. Also our hospital is now in the ULEZ zone so it’s not like anyone would be using the car park for a jolly day out 😆

Reactions: 4
Hospital car parks 😡

I once had a hospital appointment that overran by two hours. I couldn’t leave to put extra money on my car park ticket as I didn’t want to miss my name being called (it was a long walk from where I’d managed to park the car to department I was in) When I finally got back to my car I had a parking ticket 😡 Never did pay it though

• Wow
  • Sad
one of my relatives was terminally ill and was eligible for a free parking space (not sure if this is the case in all hospitals), she had to call up to arrange it and the person on the line asked in a very callous and uncaring way something like "but are you terminally ill??" My relative just burst into tears, disgraceful way of treating people at the worst time in their lives

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Is it me or is driving getting worse?

feel like so many impatient/angry drivers much more than I’ve ever noticed before!

not even when I’m driving I notice so many tailgaters on drivers obviously going speed limit when tailgater could clearly overtake, seems to be rare you get a courtesy hand signal when you let someone in/out

just this morning I was approaching a roundabout with a car approaching from right but plenty of time to exit as they hadn’t even passed the exit before yet, going round the roundabout I noticed the car that was in right land which was behind me had also exited, then on the joining road the car which was approaching from the right was tailgating me shaking his head, I can only assume he thought I should of stopped at roundabout, but then chose to shake/tailgate me unlike the car which was actually closer to him and left after me 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Did you not buy one of those door opening gadgets during pandemic? I touch nothing, door handles, lift buttons, cash points
Yeah but where do you put it when you've used it? In your pocket? Handbag? Where it touches other things?

Is it me or is driving getting worse?

feel like so many impatient/angry drivers much more than I’ve ever noticed before!

not even when I’m driving I notice so many tailgaters on drivers obviously going speed limit when tailgater could clearly overtake, seems to be rare you get a courtesy hand signal when you let someone in/out

just this morning I was approaching a roundabout with a car approaching from right but plenty of time to exit as they hadn’t even passed the exit before yet, going round the roundabout I noticed the car that was in right land which was behind me had also exited, then on the joining road the car which was approaching from the right was tailgating me shaking his head, I can only assume he thought I should of stopped at roundabout, but then chose to shake/tailgate me unlike the car which was actually closer to him and left after me 🤷‍♀️
I said to my grandaughter yesterday ( after someone did something very silly ) that driving tests are apparently harder than when I learnt to drive and yet driving standards are so bad. One thing that I notice more than anything is road positioning, people seem to have no idea how to go use a roundabout and will change lanes all wrong, and some of that is due to roundabout markings. they actually put many drivers in the wrong position to where they want to go. My friend was terrified of a partialluly large busy roundabout joining a motor way near her. Her problem was not her driving but her thinking she should follow the markings on the road, They are completely wrong. Showed her a better way and she is fine on that roundabout now.

I try to teach my grandchildren road driving awareness as we go along. so when their time come to drive they will have a advantage. I had that as my family were lorry ( as they were called then) drivers you learn a lot being on the road all day.

There is a roundabout near work, inner lanes are anti clockwise, outer lanes are clockwise, you see stuff which would make your hair curl. Last week a brand new Range Rover ended up on the pavement wrapped around a post. I still can’t quite work out how it got there

• Wow
Reactions: 6
There is a roundabout near work, inner lanes are anti clockwise, outer lanes are clockwise, you see stuff which would make your hair curl. Last week a brand new Range Rover ended up on the pavement wrapped around a post. I still can’t quite work out how it got there
Why do they have to make roundabouts so complicated though 🤣

Reactions: 5
Just thought I’d give you an update after my moans about useless tradesmen in the last thread. The latest decorator doing the porch spilt a tin of black paint all over the hallway. It was up the walls, radiator, skirting board, rug and new light oak floor. I’d asked him beforehand to make sure he covered the area with protective cloth and he said yes 🙄 as if I was teaching my grandmother to suck eggs. The cloth turned out to be about as big as a towel. I’d wanted to do this job myself but couldn’t reach the ceiling height. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
As it’s only 25th November I’m sure we’ll all be seeing more of this but this ‘trend’ of doing a video of you throwing a Christmas ornament/decoration into a room/tree then it’s magically all decorated!

i honestly think I’ll scream if I see another one

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ordered some food via Uber eats and I’ve just watched the driver who accepted my order leave the place I ordered from presumably to make other deliveries and then go back to the restaurant again. As a result my order is taking much longer than expected and my food will probably be cold when it gets here.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1
Thin people who go out in 0 degrees in a thin jacket and shoes instead of boots. As a thin person I can't go out in any temperature under 12 degrees without my duvet coat, 2 layers of clothing, boots, scarf, gloves, hat.
I was actually WTF at other said thin person when I saw them today walking around like its spring weather. HOW?????!!!!!!!!!! 🥶

Reactions: 7
1. Utility companies digging a hole and closing roads for weeks at a time.
2. People who come to work full of colds passing their germs to everyone else. Last week was stuck in a meeting room with a guy full of cold (not covid) and two other people in that room got it within days.
3. neighbours mowing the grass at 8am on Saturday mornings in summer
4. Spit on pavements
5. People on planes who put their feet on the hand rests of the seats in front so you end up with some random feet right under your nose.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.