Little things in life that annoy you immensely #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this seems a bit odd but wedding invites where children are not invited.
A friend of ours has received a save the date for a wedding she is invited too September 2022. She is invited to the full day but can't take her children. They will be 7 and 10 by that time and I have said I would look afrer them for the day if needed. My friend is in two minds to rsvp as she feels its weird not to want children to go.
Disagree, if the meal is going to cost 70 quid upwards per plate then that money is wasted on kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Doing 25 in a 20 zone and still being overtaken by a bleeping cyclist.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My work colleagues, with covid, we are extra extra vigilant about cleaning, we have been supplied with copious amounts of gloves and various cleaners, air dusters etc. So why do they constantly take from my desk? Why can they not get from cupboard and keep on their desk? Every morning I have to go in search.
That would annoy me too. It's reminded me of an office I worked in once where I sat at one end and the stationery cupboard was right at the other far end. If I ever needed any stationery I'd just get up and fetch it myself, but everyone else on my team would ask me for stuff or just take it from my desk because they couldn't be arsed walking "all the way" to the other end of the office. And although the blatant laziness gave me rage I never said anything because I felt I would have looked like the irrational weirdo getting worked up over office supplieslike Job Centre Pauline from the League of Gentlemen.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sorry but I agree with the bride here.
I was that bride. No kids other than my niece and nephew were at my wedding. My friends with kids were happy to have a child free day and have a drink and relax. I have taken my kid to a wedding when he was almost 2 and it was miserable. Chasing him about in heels, feeling paranoid he’d shout out during the ceremony/speeches and missed the whole evening do as hecwas asleep in the hotel room so I stayed with him. He’s 8 now and I still wouldn’t want to take him to a wedding as I wouldn’t be able to relax and enjoy myself. Each to their own though.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yeah got to agree not having kids at weddings. Even when they're old enough to behave they would only be bored anyway. Close family members is different but everyone taking their kids would more than double the numbers

Reactions: 15
When you try get one cleaning wipe out but half the packet comes out to see what's going on.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
When someone I know tells me how many miles they've done in their car since they got it. What you telling me for pal? I don't know how many miles my own car's done. They drive to work on the Daily and do nothing else in it, surely there's nothing in the mileage that should be surprising? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t know if she already has her own page so forgive me if she has but five minute mum bugs me so much. I started following her last year at lockdown to get tips on how to keep my 6 year old amused. Used a few of her ideas but She is the smuggest mum out there. And obsessed with feckin phonics and letter formation. Arghhh. I’ve had to unfollow now, I can’t take her anymore.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Being invisible. I'm sure I'm here, I can even see myself in a mirror, yet it seems I must be wearing a dark cloak...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
When my fella washes his hands at the kitchen sink. He just splashes water everywhere. You'd think he was a 6 year old in a bath tub 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
How some girls look lush with a messy bun on top of their head, I’ve just done one and look like Miss Trunchbull

• Haha
Reactions: 22
People who throw rubbish out of their cars!

Witnessed this hole in front of me at the lights, the driver threw an empty bottle out of the passenger
window, shame I don't have the motorcycle equivalent of DASH CAM, that bleep's actions would be all over
the net.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Anyone who cycles or runs.. no one at work is interested in how many miles you smashed at the weekend or that you beat your PB or what your training/eating regime is and I bet any doctor will tell you it really doesn't make a jot of difference to your 'performance' whether you have a protein bar/shake pre or post run/ride. Just let me get on with my sodding work please.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Social anxiety. I hate talking on the phone (mainly people I don't know) or answering the door. Anywhere too busy in public 🤮I've thought that I might wanna join the gym but it'd have too have the ladies only bit... be too shy with all the lads. Lol

• Heart
Reactions: 11
People who know news before you particularly on fb when someone makes an announcement and then they share it "i'm so happy its out in the open now , finally we can talk about it" 🙄🙄🙄🙄
This! Just to make sure everyone knows that they knew 🙄

Reactions: 8
Re food when someone tells you that its 'homemade' or uses that 'cooked from scratch' phrase. No one gets brownie points for bragging/being smug. It's just cooking not rocket science.

Reactions: 10
OK so this is only a little thing but it happened to me at work today for the first time in ages ! that thing when you're typing and correct an error and it deletes the next letter and you keep going typing it all again 😫 someone told me a solution once but I couldn't remember and don't think it worked

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.