Little things in life that annoy you immensely #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK so this is only a little thing but it happened to me at work today for the first time in ages ! that thing when you're typing and correct an error and it deletes the next letter and you keep going typing it all again 😫 someone told me a solution once but I couldn't remember and don't think it worked
Could it be the 'insert' button?

Reactions: 5
Men that are becoming women that invade female spaces. By this I mean female prisons, female sports, clubs and support groups and safe spaces for females and so on.

If you still have loads of testosterone in your body then it's not fair to us.

I genuinely don't feel that's a transphobic comment at all.
What about women who become men, should that be allowed. I know allowed is the wrong word but can't think of anything more apt.

Cats shouldn't wear socks ;) Actually, I don't like them much. My hub's hang around the house in strange places like malevolent beings waiting for me to pick them up...
I walk around bare foot even in winter

Reactions: 2
I'm the opposite - can't stand being barefoot.

My habit of double booking myself.

Reactions: 4
People who leave your messages unread on WhatsApp as an attempt to make it look like they haven't read it yet even though they've been online and liked things on social media 🤨

Reactions: 10
When someone I know tells me how many miles they've done in their car since they got it. What you telling me for pal? I don't know how many miles my own car's done. They drive to work on the Daily and do nothing else in it, surely there's nothing in the mileage that should be surprising? :unsure:
Mines got 51,000, previous two had 99 000🤣
No point in having a car if you're not going to drive it. 🚙

Light bulbs 💡

The other day I had problems in my living room when all my lights and lamps stopped working. I immediately thought it was the fuse box, but it wasn't. OK, so let me try a few bulbs...FGS I thought I was very clever always keeping lots of spare bulbs, but NOT when you have a drawer full of bayonet/screw and different watts and end up not finding what you want 😩 Anyway, it turned out to be an electrical problem that was fixed the next day. Note to self: Always write on the box which bulb is for which light. Such a damn waste of time, but of my doing.

It's not the snobby diners who annoy me the most on CDWM, as possibly they are correct when certain dishes haven't been prepared, cooked and served properly. It's the damn whingy people who don't like or won't eat many things. FGS, why be a contestant in the first place if they much prefer fish & chips or a pizza?

Reactions: 10
OK so this is only a little thing but it happened to me at work today for the first time in ages ! that thing when you're typing and correct an error and it deletes the next letter and you keep going typing it all again 😫 someone told me a solution once but I couldn't remember and don't think it worked
Not sure if this is the real way of fixing it but i press these keys in this order....insert, delete, home, end, page up, page down....fixes it and you may need to reposition your cursor 😊

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You've probably accidentally pressed 'INS' (sometimes written as Insert) instead of delete. Annoyingly they are usually next to each other on the keyboard. usually resolves itself if you pres 'INS' again.

Currently annoyed by the ridiculously high volume of the loudspeaker at the Costa drive-thru at my local retail park. Every time I go to Wilko's, which is opposite, all I can hear is "DO YOU WANT WHIPPED CREAM ON THAT?"

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Why do they still make pads without wings? They bunch up and stick to everything but your knickers. I bought them by accident yesterday and when I woke up this morning the pad was closer to my forehead than to my underwear.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Why do they still make pads without wings? They bunch up and stick to everything but your knickers. I bought them by accident yesterday and when I woke up this morning the pad was closer to my forehead than to my underwear.
I don't like wings 🤣 I use tampons 90% of the time but if I wear a pad the wings stick to my legs no matter how careful I've been putting it on I'm in my 30s now and still have this problem so wings are not for me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Loud people in restaurants. I just want to eat my dinner in peace and be able to hear myself think so I can chat to my husband at a normal level of volume.

The prescription for my individual contact lens daily disposable being in teeny tiny writing so I have to go looking for my glasses that i’d already taken off so I can read the numbers in order to put the right ones in my eyes 🙄

The way my husband loads the dishwasher.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Table for 2 in restaurants that’s positioned about an inch away from the next table for 2.

you feel like your eating a meal with strangers or that there listening to your conversation

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.