Little things in life that annoy you immensely #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do this so often, & I’ve never come across anyone else who does before! Cooking is something I’ve always really struggled to summon up the motivation for, especially when I’m on a downer. When I’m feeling really low I’ll happily eat toast for breakfast, lunch & dinner!
I would quite happily live on toast, a tuna sandwich for lunch and a bit of chicken (maybe one of those crispy breadcrumbed oven-bake things) potatoes, mayo and salad. I’m really not bothered about the variety! If I lived on my own, I’d have that.

How my partner constantly plays videos at max volume when in bed next to me 😡
Yep, I get the YouTube played at full blast … but I always wear headphones whenever I listen to stuff.

Reactions: 5
We can’t be the only ones! I love looking at recipes, will buy the ingredients but when it comes to it sometimes I just...can’t. I’d love to be one of those people that finds cooking a breeze and enjoys it.
Me too! I’m always looking at recipes online & I buy all the stuff with the best of intentions. Then I feel so terrible heading out to the bin with another bag of mouldy ingredients, because it’s such a waste.

Reactions: 6
YouTube ads!!!!! I usually skip to the end and go back but the odd time I think "oh ill just skip it" one came on and I thought 'it'll probs only be 30 seconds' AN HOUR AND 18 MINS!! The advert was on for. Obviously I skipped it though 🤣
Hate YouTube ads man. Worse is when you can't even skip it.

Reactions: 11
Me too! I’m always looking at recipes online & I buy all the stuff with the best of intentions. Then I feel so terrible heading out to the bin with another bag of mouldy ingredients, because it’s such a waste.
Also I subscribed to an Indian meal recipe kit for my husband for Christmas (they send you all the spices). We did the first kit, it was okay, but can we be bothered to get round to the other two? (At least they’re only dry spices so will keep.)

Reactions: 1
YouTube ads!!!!! I usually skip to the end and go back but the odd time I think "oh ill just skip it" one came on and I thought 'it'll probs only be 30 seconds' AN HOUR AND 18 MINS!! The advert was on for. Obviously I skipped it though 🤣
They’ve really increased in number. I watch videos on a couple of accounts that post regularly and it’s an ad or survey to get it to play and now less than a minute in there’s another, then two right before the end of the video that you can’t skip and have to watch to get the conclusion. Bit excessive for a ~five minute clip. I’d rather they just put them all at the beginning because it ruins the flow 😠

Reactions: 4
My kids obsession with the game 'Among Us'. I downloaded it this morning and they've been trying to teach me how to play, but I think I'm too old and will stick to Candy Crush.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This might sound really bad but when an athlete wins a gold medal or an actor wins an award and they say that person is the first gay person or black person or Chinese person, whatever, to win that particular thing. I just find that annoying to comment on it. It should just be well done to such and such for winning this medal/award. They are a person. Full stop.

Reactions: 8
That tit Rasputin song
Is that the old Boney M one? if so it's made my grandchildren think I'm cool because I know all the words 🤣 How I know the words are a mystery as hated it when it was out in the 70s.

This might sound really bad but when an athlete wins a gold medal or an actor wins an award and they say that person is the first gay person or black person or Chinese person, whatever, to win that particular thing. I just find that annoying to comment on it. It should just be well done to such and such for winning this medal/award. They are a person. Full stop.

I agree 100%, it's things like that that divide us all. We are a race the human race and the sooner people realise it the better for everyone.

• Haha
Hypochondriacs. My ex would always have the flu if I had a cold. Or when not feeling good and would shake, basically convulsing his body himself. The loud sighs of exasperation so I can hear how damn poorly he is. The heavy breathing just out of mouth because nose is blocked. It. Really. Irritated. Me.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hypochondriacs. My ex would always have the flu if I had a cold. Or when not feeling good and would shake, basically convulsing his body himself. The loud sighs of exasperation so I can hear how damn poorly he is. The heavy breathing just out of mouth because nose is blocked. It. Really. Irritated. Me.
Haha, my ex was exactly the same. He also used to do really exaggerated swallows when he had a sore throat like he was a mime artist.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Think I’ve said this before but the Karen meme bullshit. We are supposed to teach our kids not to stereotype, generalise, bully others and that they should ‘be kind’. Yet fully grown adults are doing just that with the name Karen all over the internet and I think in the US it’s in real life too. How did we get to the point where we are ridiculing a person because of their name?? It goes beyond a woman acting entitled etc etc. It’s now just a word to put a person down and shut them up.

It is ageist, sexist, yes racist as it’s always a white woman portrayed but above all its misogynistic. A woman over 40 with an opinion and can stand up for herself? Nope, we’re not having that from you love, shut your face Karen. And the whole of the internet laughs, agrees and piles on. Where’s the being kind about that?

And by the way I’m not excusing awful behaviour from people. People unfortunately are awful in lots of ways. But why stereotype and single out older women? Misogyny that’s why.

Ps - I know a lot of you will be tempted to reply ‘ok Karen’ - try and resist that urge Susan.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Think I’ve said this before but the Karen meme bullshit. We are supposed to teach our kids not to stereotype, generalise, bully others and that they should ‘be kind’. Yet fully grown adults are doing just that with the name Karen all over the internet and I think in the US it’s in real life too. How did we get to the point where we are ridiculing a person because of their name?? It goes beyond a woman acting entitled etc etc. It’s now just a word to put a person down and shut them up.

It is ageist, sexist, yes racist as it’s always a white woman portrayed but above all its misogynistic. A woman over 40 with an opinion and can stand up for herself? Nope, we’re not having that from you love, shut your face Karen. And the whole of the internet laughs, agrees and piles on. Where’s the being kind about that?

And by the way I’m not excusing awful behaviour from people. People unfortunately are awful in lots of ways. But why stereotype and single out older women? Misogyny that’s why.

Ps - I know a lot of you will be tempted to reply ‘ok Karen’ - try and resist that urge Susan.
The poor Brenda's are even getting it now as well! From what I remember the original stereotype was a well off, WASP type woman kicking off and demanding a manager etc. However now with using names like 'Karen' it seems to be a jab at working class women - the 'joke' seems to be linked to any Conspiracy theory or NHS bashing type memes and how thick and uncultured these 'Karens' are. Unfortunately it's still very acceptable to laugh at the poor and unprivileged in some peoples eyes.

Reactions: 8
The poor Brenda's are even getting it now as well! From what I remember the original stereotype was a well off, WASP type woman kicking off and demanding a manager etc. However now with using names like 'Karen' it seems to be a jab at working class women - the 'joke' seems to be linked to any Conspiracy theory or NHS bashing type memes and how thick and uncultured these 'Karens' are. Unfortunately it's still very acceptable to laugh at the poor and unprivileged in some peoples eyes.
Yes you’re right and I didn’t even think of that. It’s just a way to belittle women and shut them down. It’s interesting the way people take such pleasure in calling others a ‘Karen’. You don’t get the same sort of hatred of men who say, oh I dunno, abuse women and are sexist misogynists. They actually get off quite lightly compared to a woman who has the audacity to be over 40.

I heard someone at work say 'shes a proper lindsay that one' I asked what she meant and she said it refers to middle aged women who brag/boast about their lives. But... I've also heard of male pub bores being referred to as kevin's. Blokes down the pub who bore everyone with bragging stories.

Reactions: 1
Other drivers 😡 the amount of roadworks round my area is a joke so a small journey has took me twice as long
Then it was topped off by driving down a street near mine and a girl was pulled over picking a lad up and he took his time getting in the car then they sat there not moving all the time blocking me from getting through, if that was me I would wave to apologise and drive off quickly.
Anyway I beeped thinking they may not have seen me and the lad got out the car stuck his finger up and told me the duck off! The audacity!! He swiftly got back in not sure if the girl told him to or he realised I wasn't another lad he could start a fight with , either way I was raging cheeky twit

• Angry
Reactions: 3
When people brush their hair back with their hand but don’t quite tuck it behind their ear and it falls forward into their face again

there’s a lady on Instagram who does this constantly and it gives me rage 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Lol I agree this 'Karen' thing is a bit tired now, also feel sorry for the Karen's who are not at all like the sterotype lol

Reactions: 9
- When warmed milk gets that awful skin on it. I have to start again🤣

- You put your bin right outside your house and then bin men leave it so far away from your house 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.