Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who scream/yell/make loads of noise when they sneeze. And then laugh when people jump.
I'm a loud sneezer which tends to make some people jump. I can't help it, I come from a family of very loud sneezers!
Although, I don't scream or yell whilst doing it. That just sounds insane šŸ˜…

Reactions: 5
I am a loud cougher, when I cough our neighbours who are at least 30/40 feet away can hear it. I don't mean to be loud. Their son when he was about 2/3 used to say uncle John has a cough, shall I give him a sweetie.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
People who are leaving the stop and stop suddenly standing in shop doorways checking if they have bought everything they thought they needed.....

HAVE A BLOODY LIST! BUY WHAT YOU NEED AND LEAVE!!!

• Haha
Men, on dating profiles, who state that they want you to "not take life/yourself too seriously"

I mean WTF. We're adults. Is it just code for them saying "I want you to be fine with me being a dick and calling it banter" or some crap like that

Reactions: 20
People on SM saying thinking of everyone after the announcements last night, while they are sat in their parents house (no support bubble or anything). Find that so annoying. Like the rules donā€™t apply to them too. Yes itā€™s horrific when you havenā€™t hugged or even been in the same room as your loved ones for months, itā€™s hard for everyone. I have family who have just made up their own rules around the ā€˜extended householdā€™ rule and they are so sure of themselves. Iā€™m in an extended household with my mum because she lives on her own and helps with my childcare a couple of times a week. My brother (with older kids who donā€™t need childcare) witches and moans about it all the while going in to his in laws (not a single person household!) and saying thatā€™s his extended family. Itā€™s doing my head in all this but peopleā€™s stupidity and arrogance is making it 100x worse.

Reactions: 6
The assumption that everyone thinks tall buildings with lots of glass and steel are ugly, they should all be torn down to make way for something more "worthy" etc. I think they are beautiful. I love living in central London near so many of them

Reactions: 2
People who drop litter in airport lounges even though there are plenty of bins around should they care to walk an extra few meters :mad:

People on SM saying thinking of everyone after the announcements last night, while they are sat in their parents house (no support bubble or anything). Find that so annoying. Like the rules donā€™t apply to them too. Yes itā€™s horrific when you havenā€™t hugged or even been in the same room as your loved ones for months, itā€™s hard for everyone. I have family who have just made up their own rules around the ā€˜extended householdā€™ rule and they are so sure of themselves. Iā€™m in an extended household with my mum because she lives on her own and helps with my childcare a couple of times a week. My brother (with older kids who donā€™t need childcare) witches and moans about it all the while going in to his in laws (not a single person household!) and saying thatā€™s his extended family. Itā€™s doing my head in all this but peopleā€™s stupidity and arrogance is making it 100x worse.
Or influencers who are suddenly here for a chat and thinking of everyone in tier 4. Piss off šŸ™„

Reactions: 9
Adults who spell canā€™t ā€œcarntā€...how have you made it this far in life?!

(jokes)

Reactions: 12
When you buy a piece of tech and it comes without about a million pieces of paper but not one of those pieces of paper has instructions. Oh no the instructions are on a bleeping CD-ROM arenā€™t they, as if I can be bothered to fire up my laptop and put the disc in when a single piece of paper could do exactly the same without all the faff. I mean what is this, 2002? At least put a qr code on the box so I can scan that with my phone and get the info I need. Jesus Christ.

When someone repeatedly drops hints that they want you to ask them about something, or say stuff just to get a reaction out of you. I deliberately ignore them.

Reactions: 8
I hate couples who constantly text each other, then complain that they are spending too much time together. They walk in the streets, hand in each other pockets

Reactions: 4
Men, on dating profiles, who state that they want you to "not take life/yourself too seriously"

I mean WTF. We're adults. Is it just code for them saying "I want you to be fine with me being a dick and calling it banter" or some crap like that
yes and it's also code for "I will make you feel like you are irrational every time you tell me I've done something wrong".

My pet peeve for dating apps is something along the lines of "love to be happy/have a good time/a laugh" -- as opposed to? Being miserable?

The other one is when they're a "foodie" - I'd argue most people enjoy food. I'm a fussy eater and can eat the same things day in and day out but I still "enjoy" food. Who doesn't?!

And when they "love to travel and drink beer" - for me that's just code for "I'm boring so I travel around to make up for my dull as dishwater personality" (no offence to anyone who likes travelling, I mean most people do. It's not a personality trait.)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.