Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Updates and privacy notices from the likes of Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook and a bunch of other apps.

Google, for example, are now telling me they'll be binning inactive accounts for Drive and Photos apps; and another notice about something new called "Smart Features" for Gmail, Chat and Meet. Which means you've got to read what these features do and whether it will "enhance your experience" blah blah

I just wish they'd leave things as they are and let users just focus on what works rather than just adding complications and time-consuming pap

Reactions: 11
Updates and privacy notices from the likes of Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook and a bunch of other apps.

Google, for example, are now telling me they'll be binning inactive accounts for Drive and Photos apps; and another notice about something new called "Smart Features" for Gmail, Chat and Meet. Which means you've got to read what these features do and whether it will "enhance your experience" blah blah

I just wish they'd leave things as they are and let users just focus on what works rather than just adding complications and time-consuming pap
Not sure if these have anything to do with us leaving the EU? Facebook Messenger has a notice about some features not being available shortly, maybe it could be related.

Reactions: 3
People who eat crisps so loudly, it sounds like some twit in work boots marching across a gravel driveway. 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 13
People who whinge about their car door being slammed. What do you expect will really happen? How often do sound doors incur damage from being slammed? Literally bloody never! 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 15
People who whinge about their car door being slammed. What do you expect will really happen? How often do sound doors incur damage from being slammed? Literally bloody never! 😤
Haha, I don't care about the doors but if somebody does it while I'm still in the car it rattles my poor old eardrums and gives me the irrits 🤣

Reactions: 1
I have a friend who shoots me a look every time I close her car door as if I’m slamming it really loudly. There’s no quiet way to close a car door!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have a friend who shoots me a look every time I close her car door as if I’m slamming it really loudly. There’s no quiet way to close a car door!
God forbid the wind should catch it. Day ruined for the car door police.

Winds me right up. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh so many things..

-People who ask you a question and halfway through the answer say 'whaaaat??' because they weren't listening. Dont ask me a question if you aren't going to pay attention!

-Repeating myself. Usually because of the aforementioned irritation 😂

-Bad table manners...so like...eating with your hands (unless its finger type food obvs), slurping, chewing with your mouth open..oh and smoking!! Hate it!!

Reactions: 13
🤒 When I call my GP surgery to make an appointment and the receptionist asks me why I need to see gp 😧

Er, none of your business.
This is to prevent time wasters. Although You may think your issue is serious, compared to others your problem may not be serious.

I remember a patient calling up for an emergency home visit at 11pm at night, because she just had unprotected sex and wanted the morning after pill.

I told her to come in the next morning, and the doctor wasn't going to come out for that.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
People who put their hand out for the bus WHEN MY HAND IS ALREADY OUT FOR IT!
People who get on the bus before you, even though you were first in the queue
People who sit next you on the bus when there's other space.. thank god it's not allowed!
Cars who don't let you cross the road

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
People who sit next you on the bus when there's other space.. thank god it's not allowed!
.... especially this! And when they do sit next to you they make great efforts to try and sit on your seat, squashing you up against the window. And then they start flinging their arms around as they rummage for something in their coat pockets or handbags. And they dump their shopping bags right next to my feet, restricting my space even more!

And I keep praying they don't try and strike up a conversation - can't be done with all that.

No wonder I don't bother with public transport, unless as a very last resort :eek:

• Haha
People that press the traffic light button when it's clearly been pressed already. It's not going to change the lights any quicker 😂 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People that press the traffic light button when it's clearly been pressed already. It's not going to change the lights any quicker 😂 🤬
That said I know I shouldn’t but I find it really funny when I see a grown adult- usually a man- press the traffic light button and run off, just to get traffic to stop for a laugh 😂

• Haha
That said I know I shouldn’t but I find it really funny when I see a grown adult- usually a man- press the traffic light button and run off, just to get traffic to stop for a laugh 😂
To be honest, I press it alot and then tend to cross as soon as I see no traffic so that probably pisses the drivers off too .

Talking of cars/traffic/roads - cyclists that don't know what a red light is. You are supposed to stop and let people cross the road!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5
This is to prevent time wasters.
No doubt it is and I accept they have to do that kind of screening for time wasters but they need to keep it in perspective. Maybe screen those who have previous form for time wasting and those hypochondriac types who are always wanting an appointment every week. She would have seen when she looked up my name I hadn't been to the docs for at least two years.

The door may not be damaged but the window can fall out or smash.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.