Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No doubt it is and I accept they have to do that kind of screening for time wasters but they need to keep it in perspective. Maybe screen those who have previous form for time wasting and those hypochondriac types who are always wanting an appointment every week. She would have seen when she looked up my name I hadn't been to the docs for at least two years.
This is the problem, you, I and most people would think that you are a good patient for not bothering the doctor for two years.

I am not sure if the rules have changed, but doctors used to have targets to achieve. For example the Well Women Clinic,(this is what our practice used to call it), had to see at least x percentage of women to get the payment for that clinic. So you not attending the clinic might have meant difficulty in achieving targets.

There are/were numerous other clinics and targets were important.

The door may not be damaged but the window can fall out or smash.
I wanted to say that, but thought everyone would think I was a moaning minnnie.

Reactions: 3
🤒 When I call my GP surgery to make an appointment and the receptionist asks me why I need to see gp 😧

Er, none of your business.
Hi Pinkblush - I once worked as a GP receptionist and it was tough! We were told by the doctors that we had to ask brief details to ensure that we were making an appointment with the appropriate clinician and we were in trouble if we’d booked someone in with the GP that they considered should have been seen by the nurse or other practitioner - It’s not nosiness, if you could spend a morning answering that phone, listening to people describing their ailments you’d know it kills all curiosity pretty quickly. I always said after asking that of course I’d understand if they’d rather not tell me ! I no longer work there but I have a great respect for the people that do - I can see that it could seem intrusive but it’s a difficult job, managing patient and doctors’ expectations.

Reactions: 15
When you're reading/watching something on TV/looking at your phone and somebody starts talking at you out the blue and they then have THE AUDACITY to moan that you're not paying attention to them because you're watching something or on your phone. Like yes I've been sat here quite happy without you chatting macca at me, you can't just decide you want to INTERRUPT ME then whinge that you don't have my undivided attention when I probably didn't even realise you were talking to me. For all you know I could be replying to a text telling me my gran's dead.

😤

The door may not be damaged but the window can fall out or smash.
You'd have to REALLY slam a door for that to happen, and even then, it's just not likely. I'm not talking about aggressively slamming a door because you've stormed out the car, I'm talking about when you get out your OH/pals car in a rush because you've forgot your phone and you shut it a bit firmer than you usually would. Or if you're in your own car and slam the door and someone's like "well I'm glad it's not my car!" Like???? The car is fine, the door is fine, why are you so glad? Because I've literally harmlessly shut a door with a smidge more disruption than you desire? Cba. 😂

Reactions: 4
Waiting in for plumbers/builders etc and they don't turn up. I'm currently annoyed that I've had to wait in all day (not like there's anywhere to go in Tier 3!) for a heating man since 8am! No show!

Reactions: 11
My Dad always shuts the car door way too gently so I have to get out and do it all again. When I close it he winces.

However, I did close my car boot once (not too hard) and all the glass smashed. Therefore, I can see both sides of this complex debate guys.

• Haha
My Dad always shuts the car door way too gently so I have to get out and do it all again. When I close it he winces.

However, I did close my car boot once (not too hard) and all the glass smashed. Therefore, I can see both sides of this complex debate guys.
Haha, yep there’s always two sides! But generally I think some folk are way too precious/sensitive about how hard their car door gets shut.

Reactions: 5
Couples who sit there clinging to each other and touching and rubbing each other’s legs when they’re in a room full of people (family/friends). Seriously guys we know you’re a couple you can let go of each other. I find it so so awkward.

Reactions: 21
Couples who sit there clinging to each other and touching and rubbing each other’s legs when they’re in a room full of people (family/friends). Seriously guys we know you’re a couple you can let go of each other. I find it so so awkward.
Yes, and when they walk down the street arms around each other, or even worse, when the man has his arm around the woman and the woman is just walking normally not touching him at all. It looks like he's dragging her. Really weirds me out.

• Haha
Yes, and when they walk down the street arms around each other, or even worse, when the man has his arm around the woman and the woman is just walking normally not touching him at all. It looks like he's dragging her. Really weirds me out.
Yes! it’s just not necessary.

When you’re trying to have a conversation with them and they’re just rubbing each other thighs and practically sitting on each other, you’re adults just STOP.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Yes! it’s just not necessary.

When you’re trying to have a conversation with them and they’re just rubbing each other thighs and practically sitting on each other, you’re adults just STOP.
Yes. Kissing in front of parents/family really weirds me out as well. I still feel weird about it and I'm now an adult. I remember watching Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging as a teen and watching the girl (full on!) snog her bf at the end of the film in front of her mum and dad and I was like ok ew? why would you do that?!

• Haha
Lack of communication!!

Today was a perfect example, you would think people can communicate with all the methods these days, you would be WRONG!

Picked up a package this morning, it's going to deep Surrey, I get sent to deepest Kent to pick up another package going to the
same address in Surrey. I arrive at the address in Kent, the contact isn't there and the mobile is going Voicemail. The package is
suppose to be ready from 12PM.

It sounds like the contact wasn't expecting me at all, so company who arranged the collection didn't clear it with the contact in
Kent. The contact either ignored the missed calls or simply didn't notice them which didn't help matters.

The ones who give the impression of being really efficient and busy yet do the least amount of work.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
politicians answering one question for 15 minutes at a press conference but not actually answering it

Reactions: 7
Accidentally biting your tongue. I bit mine right at the edge a few days ago, really hard, and it is still painful.

• Sad
Online food shopping not being delivered in bags! It doesn’t make sense - they say it’s environmentally friendly (OK I’m fine with that) but really isn’t practical during these times especially. I had the Sainsburys man breathing over me while I was bending down getting my items from the door last week. It would be so much quicker to just take the bags out of the trays, then give them bag next week? I think Ocado do that but not often I shop with them.

I know some people won’t mind but I find it so annoying and awkward. Rant over!
I use a washing basket, chuck things in and can just pull it through

Reactions: 2
There was a post a few days ago about people cutting off letters when texting some words. My son has just started with ye instead of yes or even yeah. Why? Its literally one or 2 extra letters.....🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Has anyone developed new pet peeves from reading this thread? 😂 I read a previous poster say that they hate when people drag out yawns into tunes (huh huh huh) which I never noticed before but now it winds me up!

I hate when people, usually at work, phrase things as question instead of a direct request. "What are these doing here?" instead of "Move these out of the way".

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.