Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When they take a perfectly good biscuit such as a twix, and make a pointless variation of it that is nowhere near as good as the original. I stupidly bought these twix tops things that are essentially all biscuit, crumbly AF to eat, with a wee bit of chocolate and caramel in the middle. Won’t make that mistake again. See also: cake bar versions of your favourite chocolate bar 👎👎
Agree with all this. I also hate the trend of putting an entire biscuit on top of a cupcake or slice of cake. No wonder we have an obesity problem.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Agree with all this. I also hate the trend of putting an entire biscuit on top of a cupcake or slice of cake. No wonder we have an obesity problem.
You see so many celebration cakes like this now. There is nothing creative about putting maltesers, or biscuits on top of a cake. It would seem that there are far too many bog-standard cake makers out there who are resorting to decorating their cakes this way.

I mean I could make a cake like this and stick a blasted Twix on top, I don‘t need to pay a fortune for someone to do it for me. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That, and that usually you have to pay an admin fee of around £30 either to cancel the policy or to make the smallest of changes to an existing one
Aviva done to this me! Auto renewal 3x the price of the previous policy, despite never having claimed. Called to tell them to duck right off and had to pay £40 to cancel. Absolute bastards. Would never use them again

Reactions: 1
Probably will get hate, BUT I absolutely despise Juice Plus / Diet coffee sellers!!! The capitals and emoji combo just makes me want to smash my head against a brick wall. See below for a prime example...
Any Hot Mummas Out There Want Too Loose A Stone In A 2 Week Period? Feeling Lethargic, Want To Work From Home? Want To See Your Kiddos More - I Have The Perfect Solotion! PM Me Now To Become A Boss Babe!!!!! ♥🎉👍😍😍😍
Unless you’ve got an all inclusive holiday at a Child free resort for the two week period Kaylee its of no interest to me! Piss off!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When they take a perfectly good biscuit such as a twix, and make a pointless variation of it that is nowhere near as good as the original. I stupidly bought these twix tops things that are essentially all biscuit, crumbly AF to eat, with a wee bit of chocolate and caramel in the middle. Won’t make that mistake again. See also: cake bar versions of your favourite chocolate bar 👎👎
I do agree... however white chocolate Twix are amazing (as a side note)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Probably will get hate, BUT I absolutely despise Juice Plus / Diet coffee sellers!!! The capitals and emoji combo just makes me want to smash my head against a brick wall. See below for a prime example...
Any Hot Mummas Out There Want Too Loose A Stone In A 2 Week Period? Feeling Lethargic, Want To Work From Home? Want To See Your Kiddos More - I Have The Perfect Solotion! PM Me Now To Become A Boss Babe!!!!! ♥🎉👍😍😍😍
Unless you’ve got an all inclusive holiday at a Child free resort for the two week period Kaylee its of no interest to me! Piss off!!!
god, I agree - plus it's often sold by the rough/aggressive Mum at the school gates so you almost feel threatened into buying it.

Reactions: 2
god, I agree - plus it's often sold by the rough/aggressive Mum at the school gates so you almost feel threatened into buying it.
Love it when I get messages “Hot Mumma Are U Up For A Challenge” - no I am absolutely not, and I’m not a hot mumma either! 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 7
White chocolate kit kat chunky is amazing too!
Talking of KitKats. I so loved the old style packaging of the 4 fingers KK - silver foil and the red paper sleeve. So easy to open, and always loved rubbing the silver foil over the chocolate KK logo, as well as splitting it with my finger.

All the fun is gone now they've done away with that and given us a sealed wrapping that is fiddly to open and just doesn't provide the same kind of anticipation it once had

Reactions: 3
Talking of KitKats. I so loved the old style packaging of the 4 fingers KK - silver foil and the red paper sleeve. So easy to open, and always loved rubbing the silver foil over the chocolate KK logo, as well as splitting it with my finger.

All the fun is gone now they've done away with that and given us a sealed wrapping that is fiddly to open and just doesn't provide the same kind of anticipation it once had
I absolutely second this! Hate the new packaging on four finger Kit Kats. I used to do the same as you rubbing the foil over the KK logo. Haven't have a Kit Kat for ages because like you say the packaging is a pain in the arse to get into

Reactions: 2
Everyone and their dog starting a bakery business.

Lidl 59p brownies will do you no wrong.
Never mind someone with questionable food hygiene skills selling a box for £15!!!

Reactions: 9
Husband has false teeth and when he has an apple he has to cut it up

duck me I don’t know what’s changed but now when he’s eating it it’s like listening to a hippo chomping a lettuce
“ chomp chomp chomp” pause “ chomp chomp chomp”

🤬

AD’s EVERWHERE!!!!!

watch tv for a few minutes, then an ad comes on, more ad time than tv these days.

Listen to the Radio- one song and then 5 minutes of ad’s- i have a shower radio, this morning, i listend to ONE song in my 15 minute shower!

open up social media, constant ad’s either by influencers or the the platform itself

magazines- one article and then 3/4 Ads after.

🤬
And when you watch something in the day according to the ads apparently once over 50 all you have to look forward to is getting either a mobility scooter or a chair that rises ( quite fancy that 😂) something for your constipation oh and insuring yourself but ooooh steady your excitement because you might get a free pen or £100 voucher

then you die but before you do you bore everyone into wishing you dead by banging on about how your funeral needs to be fuss free and just how you want it because you are a no fuss type

All these things are discussed with either your neighbour or friend with exaggerated interest and excitement 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.