Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Privacy pop up notices on nearly every website I visit. I understand the reasoning but omg they're a real pain in the arse, especially customizing the many many options.

So easy just to click Accept, but I value my privacy when I surf, such as it is.
Yeeeeeeees these are massively annoying!

Reactions: 3
Anything to do with Nero, needs a wide berth! Win10 compatibility issues are common. Either Nero or Microsoft need to step up
It does work eventually but I have yet to discover how many hoops I have to go through to get it to work. I use recode on mounted
dvd's (ISO) which you can't do on Windows 7.

When you go out for a few hours and leave something not done at home... then you come back shattered and realise its not done. Dammit 🙄🥺😤

Reactions: 6
Door knockers (pauses for the inevitable giggling from the cheap seats at the back :ROFLMAO: )

Yes, I have a knocker, and it does my head in why delivery people have to bang on it so hard and so repetitively, when there's a perfectly good doorbell right next to it!

Reactions: 4
Door knockers (pauses for the inevitable giggling from the cheap seats at the back :ROFLMAO: )

Yes, I have a knocker, and it does my head in why delivery people have to bang on it so hard and so repetitively, when there's a perfectly good doorbell right next to it!
Assuming the doorbell actually works! On many properties I can't always hear the doorbell ring, especially if the house has been converted to flats, even if the doorbell lights up there is no guarantee the bell works. I will wait for an answer, I do allow plenty of time, then I use the knocker but I
don't do it very hard.

You will be surprised how many properties don't have a doorbell at all.

It does work eventually but I have yet to discover how many hoops I have to go through to get it to work. I use recode on mounted
dvd's (ISO) which you can't do on Windows 7.
UPDATE!
Sorted the problem the easy way, used the latest version of Recode which I bought for another computer, job done.

when people walk in a group or a couple, and take up the whole pavement and I have to walk into the road to go round them. Why can't they accommodate and move a bit 😂

Reactions: 8
When you watch a drama on tv that is based on a book and you all you hear is people banging on about “it not being true to the book”. I get it’s annoying when you have read a book and the tv show isn’t an exact retelling but it really pisses me off the way people obsess over every detail that doesn’t happen the exact same way as in the book

when people walk in a group or a couple, and take up the whole pavement and I have to walk into the road to go round them. Why can't they accommodate and move a bit 😂
I was literally going to post this the other day. Sooo annoying. Two people who stand next to each other but leave a gap so between them so you can't go round either side. Just pay attention and stop taking up the whole space

Reactions: 6
When someone owes you money and you have to remind them for it back. Even a small thing like you’ve paid for lunch and they say oh I’ll get that money to you, then never do. I have a friend like that and it’s not because she is short on cash, I know she’s just rubbish at remembering stuff. And when you have to remind them it makes you feel like utter tit. Worse still is when you’re doing a collection in work and the same person keeps saying ‘remind me to give you something’ I feckin hate that, do they think I enjoy going around asking folk for money?? No I bloody don’t!

Not so relevant since WFH but when a wee collection is going round for someone’s: BIG birthday, wedding, birth of a baby or for flowers if an immediate family member has passed( in our team it’s strictly those things. No every random birthday etc) ... see when folk start pissing and moaning about chipping in £1 😡😡 does my tits in. It’s a close team and these are folk you claim to be friendly with so just chuck in a quid, sign the card and shut the F&ck up! 🙄

Not so relevant since WFH but when a wee collection is going round for someone’s: BIG birthday, wedding, birth of a baby or for flowers if an immediate family member has passed( in our team it’s strictly those things. No every random birthday etc) ... see when folk start pissing and moaning about chipping in £1 😡😡 does my tits in. It’s a close team and these are folk you claim to be friendly with so just chuck in a quid, sign the card and shut the F&ck up! 🙄
And then when you find the old pound coins in the collection 😤

• Sad
Reactions: 3
A fresh installation of windows really fucked me up!

I had a lot of problems signing into Amazon, mainly because I had to verify by mobile phone, unlike the banks, Amazon send you an URL and my phone is a old school dumb phone which means I had to type in the URL manually. So now I have to change my phone number on my account to my smartphone number. I understand the new security measures which IMO came in 5 years too late but a dumb phone isn't enough.

Fly Tippers

Dumping their rubbish (often in large quantities probably out of the backs of vans or trailers) in woodland or fields owned by farmers.

Cases round these parts have risen quite dramatically since the pandemic started, probably due to local recycling/household rubbish centres not always been open to the public, or for them to turn away trade refuse. Or probably due to long queues trying to get in!

All the same its turning parts of the Lak District into a rubbish tip:mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Xmas decorations going up before mid December. It's getting worse every year. I might need anger management for it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
When you've asked a member of your team to do something more than once (about 5 times now) and it's still not done :mad:

Reactions: 1
When you're on Animal Crossing and can't find a good villager :ROFLMAO:

When people say 'Is it just me or....." NO clearly it's not just you who has that though

People Who Type In All Capital Letters On Every Single Word In Their Sentence
People who walk slowly. I understand if they can't help it but MY GOD don't some people just dawdle!!!!

People who post their weed on social media. So cringe. Nobody cares what you're doing in your spare time

People who post photos of a terrible roast or a standard one with frozen yorkshire puddings "I make an amazing Sunday Dinner" no, no you don't. Aunt Bessies does.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.