Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay... I present to you all two qualms I have with modern day ‘mummy’ culture

1) personalised everything. ‘Tyler’s first Christmas’ on a bauble, stocking, door sign. It’s so extra. Some parents I know put their child’s name on EVERYTHING the child owns. things that don’t even need labelling.
‘Tyler’s lunchbox’ ‘Tyler’s bedroom’ you name it, people buy big OTT stickers to put on their kids stuff. Whatever happened to a sharpie and a quick scribble of their names or initials😂

2) Mums that try to be relatable by moaning about their kids. Constantly. ‘Can’t wait to escape the kids and have a bath #metime’, not just as a one off but constantly moaning about how much of a pain their children are

Reactions: 9

1) personalised everything. ‘Tyler’s first Christmas’ on a bauble, stocking, door sign. It’s so extra. Some parents I know put their child’s name on EVERYTHING the child owns. things that don’t even need labelling.
‘Tyler’s lunchbox’ ‘Tyler’s bedroom’ you name it, people buy big OTT stickers to put on their kids stuff. Whatever happened to a sharpie and a quick scribble of their names or initials😂

2) Mums that try to be relatable by moaning about their kids. Constantly. ‘Can’t wait to escape the kids and have a bath #metime’, not just as a one off but constantly moaning about how much of a pain their children are
A friend of mine knew a mum who was quite well off, didn’t work, but still put her kids in nursery!

Reactions: 3
We're fast approaching winter, and even though I don't want it to happen but no doubt we shall be having some snow at some point.

Expect the usual frontpage headlines of traffic jams, congestion, trains and planes cancelled, schools closed etc etc..... and all over a couple of centimetres of snow!

Reactions: 5
People who over do it on packaging, Bezolabub will love this.

IMG_20201118_124811996.jpg
IMG_20201118_124824098.jpg

Here you see 5 packages, 4 of which are iPhones, yes that BIG BROWN BOX in the second photo contains one iPhone.

Another whinge is when I've been a naked laptop, people don't have a bleeping clue.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
We're fast approaching winter, and even though I don't want it to happen but no doubt we shall be having some snow at some point.

Expect the usual frontpage headlines of traffic jams, congestion, trains and planes cancelled, schools closed etc etc..... and all over a couple of centimetres of snow!
Yes, especially where I live. They close school for heavy rain :rolleyes: There is a snow flake in the forecast and everyone runs to the store to buy milk and bread.

Picky tea sounds like what I'd call a grazing plate.

The little thing annoying me at the moment is someone who will call me and tell me all her problems, complain about all that's wrong in the world (which, at the moment, is obviously quite a long list), depress the hell out of me, then cheerfully say it felt good to get that off her chest and go on her merry way. She is an emotional vampire and I'm actually thisclose to blocking her. I don't want to sound mean but she sucks the life out of me ... it's just so exhausting.
Grazing plate I can handle. Actually sounds quite appealing. Just hate the way picky tea sounds. I’m also from a part of the world that doesn’t use the word ‘tea’ for a meal. Lunch is lunch and dinner is dinner. My friend says tea for dinner and it makes me irrationally irritable 😂

Regarding your friend, if you can start to distance yourself from them then I would. She’s draining you of your energy and life is too short for that. I have a few friends like that who it would be really difficult to cut out of my life but I’ve reduced the amount of one on one chats we have cos they were bringing me down. I still care about them but don't need to hear their woes all the time.

• Heart
Just realised one of mine while watching tv...

When a programme is advertised as a new series but it's actually just a revisit. 🙄 Sat down to watch George Clark - Ugly House to Lovely House but it's a revisit so the first 45mins is an episode I've already watched. Grrr.

Reactions: 6
When you’re idly thinking about things and you’re about to look something up, but then you get distracted so spend ages rewinding your thoughts to try and remember whatever it was that was so important, and it was probably really trivial anyway.

Just realised one of mine while watching tv...

When a programme is advertised as a new series but it's actually just a revisit. 🙄 Sat down to watch George Clark - Ugly House to Lovely House but it's a revisit so the first 45mins is an episode I've already watched. Grrr.
I love that programme, even though it is usually Ugly House to Uglier House, but it is so annoying when it’s a repeat.

Reactions: 6
The unwanted house guests when living off grid such as slugs, fruit flies, mice, wasps, fork tails 😨

The little thing annoying me at the moment is someone who will call me and tell me all her problems, complain about all that's wrong in the world (which, at the moment, is obviously quite a long list), depress the hell out of me, then cheerfully say it felt good to get that off her chest and go on her merry way. She is an emotional vampire and I'm actually thisclose to blocking her. I don't want to sound mean but she sucks the life out of me ... it's just so exhausting.
Hit that block button........ Life's too short

Last edited:

Next time she calls, don’t answer the phone. She might get the message and go and offload onto someone else.

Bear with....this is a long one - but below is the epitome of some wishy washy boss witch hun vagueness that annoys the hell out of me!!! Let's not get started on the spelling and grammar....

‘If you 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 want to earn 5/10k a month your in the wrong group!’
Do you ever read a post title and it hits something in you?
This was the start of a post in a training group recently AND it triggered the **** out of me! And here’s why ...
But first let’s rewind back to last year
I came into this business because I was struggling.
Struggling with a lack of funds
Struggling with stress
Struggling with time pressures
Struggling with dropping in and out of depression
And I needed something, I just didn’t know what
It was then that a friend went through a massive ordeal and loss almost every and it made me realise how vulnerable my life was
How quickly everything could disappear and how important having a plan b was
Because you see, I didn’t have one
I was living my dream in many ways. Running my charity, getting to be with my ponies most days, living in a lovely house, being with my lovely hubby and son.
I don’t have a rags to riches story. I’m not homeless, living in my car and living on noodles
🍝

I’m just an ordinary woman. A mum. A wife and a horse lover
I started this business because I wanted MORE.
MORE for my family
MORE security
MORE facilities for my charity so that I could help MORE people and horses
MORE freedom to live my life my way
MORE something I couldn’t even name but looks a lot like peace, gratitude, space, energy and overall happiness
And over the last year I have worked on getting those things
I was confident that I was on the right path
That the extra 1k or so a month I was working on was ideal
And then I got hit by this post
‘If you 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 want to earn 5/10k a month your in the wrong group!’
And it was like BAM
💥

At first I was annoyed
😠
and thought how rude!
I sat on it for a few days - as all good introvert do
😉

And then I went back to it with my coach head on. What where they trying to teach us or what beliefs where they trying to shake with that post
Because these are leaders that don’t just throw out a random comment for no reason!
So I went back into the group and read the rest of the post!
😳

The long and short of the post was that so many people go into business with the mindset that 5/10k a month is the goal BECAUSE that is all they believe they are worth
Now, coming from a place where 2k a month is a good salary I can see why! 10k seams HUGE
Their point was that if you limit yourself to that, then that’s all you would ever earn because you would make that your reality
You would put a cap on your income when the whole point of working for yourself is that it’s not capped! You can earn whatever you want as long as your willing to put the work in to get it
Which made me stop and think
🤔

What did I want to earn? Was I willing to put the work into get it? And what beliefs did I have to shift about myself to enable me to get there?
I’m a great believer that things come to us at the right time. So I know this post has shaken something in me that needed to be shaken so that I can continue to grow
If it’s shaken something in you to and you would like to join me on this journey then drop me a message as I’d love to chat with you

Reactions: 4

My mum had 5 and just got on with it. The only thing I have that says first christmas is a really nice nursery rhyme book and my mum simply wrote "Your frist christmas" on the inside of the front cover. This was in 1986, would be upset if it went missing. But no we didnt have fancy baubles or bibs or anything that said first whatever on it.
Stuff was labelled with them iron on labels with our names wrote on so i didnt end up packing my brothers pe kit 😅

• Haha
When people ask questions on a large forum (like a Facebook group with loads of members) about their kid who is ‘advanced for their age’ 🙄🙄🙄 just a humble brag. ‘He’s only 2 but at a 5 year olds level’ or other such tit. Making other parents of 2 year olds worry about their own child and feel like tit. They are the same people who brag about their kid sleeping through the night. It’s been years since I had a wee one that didn’t sleep through the night but I still hate hearing folk brag about their wee ones sleeping well. I just want to shout GOOD FOR YOU in their face 🙈

I realise how bitter this makes me sound 😂 still raging about sleep deprivation years later!

Reactions: 7
After reading news items about the £2m drinks bill at the House of Lords, along with all the other perks of the job, I was most annoyed to find "democracy in action" for these windbags:mad:

gh4232.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
When people post really long winded birthday messages to people on Facebook. Not just wishing someone a happy birthday on their profile but dedicating an entire 2 paragraph status to them like you’re making some sort of public service announcement.

I dunno why it just makes me cringe, especially when adults in their 30’s are doing it to their ‘bestie’.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
When people post really long winded birthday messages to people on Facebook. Not just wishing someone a happy birthday on their profile but dedicating an entire 2 paragraph status to them like you’re making some sort of public service announcement.

I dunno why it just makes me cringe, especially when adults in their 30’s are doing it to their ‘bestie’.
God I hate this too 🙄

Yesterday I removed all my drives from my main PC and installed a brand spanking new drive, installed windows 10 fresh.
(my existing Win10 configurations are windows 7 upgraded)

The Plan is to try and work out a small but bleeping annoying issue with NERO RECODE, got everything set up and I Recode
will not work, it will encode the file but would fail to finish. Works okay on Mpeg but MP4 it just hangs. On my latest PC
it works just fine and that also has a fresh W10 installation. (however it's a different version of Recode)

I just want to work it out, sadly the internet can't help me. Bugger it!

Yesterday I removed all my drives from my main PC and installed a brand spanking new drive, installed windows 10 fresh.
(my existing Win10 configurations are windows 7 upgraded)

The Plan is to try and work out a small but bleeping annoying issue with NERO RECODE, got everything set up and I Recode
will not work, it will encode the file but would fail to finish. Works okay on Mpeg but MP4 it just hangs. On my latest PC
it works just fine and that also has a fresh W10 installation. (however it's a different version of Recode)

I just want to work it out, sadly the internet can't help me. Bugger it!
Anything to do with Nero, needs a wide berth! Win10 compatibility issues are common. Either Nero or Microsoft need to step up

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.