Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Without wishing to sound like your granddads, when I first started my professional programming job, a hardcard or harddisk of 20MB yes MB was a luxury, 640 RAM also taught you how to program concisely. I remember getting out of memory on more than one occasion.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I have only just found this thread so probably already been mentioned but....... People checking into hospital / a&e on social media then a load of comments 'omg are you ok' 'hope all ok with you' and the original poster either doesn't reply or says i'll dm you🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
People who gesticulate with their hands when being interviewed/commenting on TV.

Why can't they just keep their hands still rather than waving them around like demented willmills!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Gap website and how difficult it is to order things. Seems impossible to check out and purchase what you want. So many times I’ve given up. Same with the very website. Do they not want our money?? Why so hard 😩

Reactions: 1
Fireworks.

Can I just say I'm someone who does like fun and doing fun things. I'm aware my posts in this thread do suggest otherwise 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Fireworks.

Can I just say I'm someone who does like fun and doing fun things. I'm aware my posts in this thread do suggest otherwise 😂
I like new years or other professional fireworks displays but hate random ones just by people on the street. And the last thing I wanna do is buy and lit some myself which some of my friends seem to love

I like new years or other professional fireworks displays but hate random ones just by people on the street. And the last thing I wanna do is buy and lit some myself which some of my friends seem to love
I never understand back garden fireworks. They're always tit. Not even kids enjoy them 🤣 🤣

Bad hairdressers.
I am quite fussy when it comes to having my hair cut, I have never really found a hairdresser that I can visit regularly. I have a few recent horror stories, but I want to mention the expeience I had on Wednesday.
I popped into one of those chains that don't require an appointment. The hairdresser sat me down and started cutting my hair. She started talking to one of her colleagues, she mentioned a customer who had just come in. She referred to her as very fat. I spent the rest of the session quietly fuming, how unproffesional. I'm not exactly svelte myself, so I really felt for this woman. I should have got up and walked out.

• Wow
Bad habits working from home.

With the current lockdown I am having to spend more time working from home. I have noticed picking up some pretty bad habits, not least for not getting properly dressed in the morning, not making the bed, not putting my washing in the laundry basket; not putting cups, cutlery and plates away last thing at night; leaving paperwork, and printouts scattered all over the house rather than just my office. And many other little annoyances that are gradually creeping into my lazy routine at home.

I like a tidy home, but these last few weeks have really turned me into a lazy cow:eek:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
School mums who insist on walking side by side, often with their pushchairs, taking up the whole path, and walking at a snails pace while gossiping, while walking home, after they've dropped their children off.
Move out my bloody way 😂
When you do finally get a chance to get round them you have to walk in the squelchy mud and keep up the pace 😅

• Haha
School mums who insist on walking side by side, often with their pushchairs, taking up the whole path, and walking at a snails pace while gossiping, while walking home, after they've dropped their children off.
Move out my bloody way 😂
When you do finally get a chance to get round them you have to walk in the squelchy mud and keep up the pace 😅
Probably the same mums blocking supermarket aisles pushing trolleys/prams side by side as they natter or faff about on their phones totally oblivious to the queues forming behind trying to get past

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Probably the same mums blocking supermarket aisles pushing trolleys/prams side by side as they natter or faff about on their phones totally oblivious to the queues forming behind trying to get past
Some of them really do walk slowly. Just this morning I found myself almost walking on the spot behind them they were going at such a slow pace. Also, when there's a need to give way on the pavement when it narrows they seem to go even bloody slower!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Some of them really do walk slowly. Just this morning I found myself almost walking on the spot behind them they were going at such a slow pace. Also, when there's a need to give way on the pavement when it narrows they seem to go even bloody slower!!
Yes often end up walking on the bloody spot while inwardly cursing them 🤬😅

Reactions: 4
That reminds me actually. During first lockdown, on one of our daily walks, my daughter wanted us to discuss the words that Amercians say differently to us. We always laugh about the way they pronounce 'herbs' so were all doing quite hearty impressions as we walked along only to see a guy I work with and his wife round the corner to the three of us shouting 'errrrrrrrrrrbs'. I think they thought we were trying to be pirates.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Trying to end a phone conversation because you're desperate for a pee!

Had a client on the phone this morning going through some issues with their QNAP box, so had to go through a process with them how to do a recovery.

But even though I was trying to politely end the conversation, the person on the other end kept on asking questions while she carried out each task. So much so that I had to say "Sorry, gotta go. Wil ring you back...." and then put the phone down. But even then I could still hear her gabbling on as I was hanging up!

(Only just about made it! :rolleyes: )

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Computer rant time, why aren't all computers fitted with an Solid State Drive nowdays?

SSD's have been around for many years, my first one was back in 2012 so why aren't they standard?

Same with USB-C, I don't own any device with this at all, micro usb is still alive and kicking.
(unless you own Tech, the one named after a piece of fruit.)
Even the next gen games consoles have SSD don’t they? Weird that pc’s don’t have them as standard (I’m far from an expert on these things).

Tumble dryers, the lot of ‘em can duck themselves. We’ve had expensive ones, cheap ones, mid range ones, any tumble dryer we own ends up having problems after the first 1-2 years and either needs replacing or repairs. Meanwhile, I have a washing machine that gets used the same amount if not more than the dryer and hasn’t had a single problem in 8 years!

Might just throw the towel in and get a large heated clothes horse or something.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.