Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My workplace is horrifically understaffed on a Monday and has been since I have worked there, 17 months now. They recently took on new advisors but gave them the tuesday to saturday shift and not the sunday to thursday shift which is the one we needed staff for 🤐
Their staffing issue is not even my problem but still gets on my nerves.

They also think that i purposely crash my computer to skive off the phones. No, your softwear is outdated and slow and for some reason kicks me out and locks up at least once a day. Pics or it never happened.....erm I can't screen shot a frozen pc as nothing works unless rebooted. Wankers.

Reactions: 4
Omg my husband is a loud eater. Slurping, gulping and chomping all the way. I decidee against a stir fry last night as didn't wish to hear him slurp his way through it. I made chicken burgers and onion rings hoping for a quiet dinner...I was wrong.....HOW THE FOOK DO YOU SLURP A CHICKEN BURGER? 😅😅😅
14 years you would think I was used to it but it still grates on me 🙈
Oh no!! My husband and I can't stand noisy eaters but often times I find myself biting my cheek to stop me ripping the food from my husbands hands because he is so noisy!! It's not everything and not the worst I've heard but its really just sounds like a washing machine and I die every time.

• Haha
I am guilty of buying my son a Lego advent calendar every year! Think we got him playmobil one year. Yes I remember the ones with pictures in them and they were tit 🤣 I know it’s OTT but we don’t shower him with gifts all year round and we are a family of Lego lovers so it’s great. I do a Christmas Eve box with Christmas jammies, dvd, hot choc and other wee bits. My son likes it but to be honest it’s me that’s more in to it, it brings me joy in this bleak world we’re living in!

I don’t take pics of it for social media though, same with pressies. It seems vulgar and I’d hate to make another parent feel tit.

As for Santa, yep he gets all the credit but that’s the point of Christmas for me. Giving and making my wee one happy but not expecting anything in return. That’s just me though, we’re all different.
Hi - one thing I wondered is - if your son gets a present labelled from Nanny, Aunty or another family member, does he never ask where the presents from you are? perhaps I overthink it.... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Hi - one thing I wondered is - if your son gets a present labelled from Nanny, Aunty or another family member, does he never ask where the presents from you are? perhaps I overthink it.... :ROFLMAO:
He has never asked and I never asked (or even wondered) when I was a kid either. It was all just from Santa.

Reactions: 2
He has never asked and I never asked (or even wondered) when I was a kid either. It was all just from Santa.
All of our presents when we were kids were from Santa (maybe 1 or 2 had mum and dad on) and presents from other people were from those people. We never questioned it because we were just excited. However, I am now wondering how I didn't see through the lies and wonder why this was the case.... Although tbf, I pretended to believe in Santa a few more years after I found out just because of the magic of it all!

Reactions: 3
Oh no!! My husband and I can't stand noisy eaters but often times I find myself biting my cheek to stop me ripping the food from my husbands hands because he is so noisy!! It's not everything and not the worst I've heard but its really just sounds like a washing machine and I die every time.
I dread when I do spaghetti bolonaise and anything with noodles and its sluuuuuuuurrrrrrpppp 😅 then we wonders why he gets trapped wind, well you slurp so you must take in too much excess air.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes it's been a crap year for the vast majority of us however people who are putting up their Christmas decorations now are mental. It would lose all the excitement for me.

Reactions: 9
Paid a visit to my local Chinese takeaway about an hour ago, and typically this time of year as soon as I stepped into that warm shop my specs steamed up and I couldn't see a chuffin' thing!

And then when I got home same thing happened in my warm kitchen:mad:

Influencers taking photos in car parks, why!? I don’t get the angle they are going for? it’s not high fashion and looks cheap.

Reactions: 1
The way Now TV plays the next episode in a series with barely 15 seconds before the next episode, so pushy. I can’t operate the remote that quickly.

I have a computer rant.

Why aren't computers fitted with an SSD as standard? SSD has been around for years and I would have thought it would be standard by now.
If you buy a PC these days and you want one with an SSD you have to pay an obscene amount for it.

Another tech rant, USB C, so much for it being an industry standard, most companies are still using Micro USB, why are companies dragging
their heals on this and SSD?

People who don't take seasonal decorations down straight away. My neighbour still has her Halloween Decs up. They are tacky anyway but even more so when it's the 4 rh of bleeping November. Plus one is between our front doors so it looks like it's mine 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
People who don't take seasonal decorations down straight away. My neighbour still has her Halloween Decs up. They are tacky anyway but even more so when it's the 4 rh of bleeping November. Plus one is between our front doors so it looks like it's mine 🙈
Same round my way, neighbours still with their halloween crap outside and in windows. A fear the rotting pumpkins outside one home may attract rats and foxes.
Am I a humbug as I always take my Christmas decorations down on New Years Eve? Just something my parents always did. A nice fresh start to the year. It would do my head in if they were left up until the twelfth night.

Reactions: 7
Same round my way, neighbours still with their halloween crap outside and in windows. A fear the rotting pumpkins outside one home may attract rats and foxes.
Am I a humbug as I always take my Christmas decorations down on New Years Eve? Just something my parents always did. A nice fresh start to the year. It would do my head in if they were left up until the twelfth night.
I really don't understand people who leave their decs up into the new year. WHY would you want to start january which is the most miserable month with the chore of cleaning up tit. No thank you. Ours come down on boxing day or maybe the day after if we're having guests/family on boxing day.

Reactions: 6
I really don't understand people who leave their decs up into the new year. WHY would you want to start january which is the most miserable month with the chore of cleaning up tit. No thank you. Ours come down on boxing day or maybe the day after if we're having guests/family on boxing day.
Ours too. Boxing Day is the official end of Xmas. No more decs, no more songs, scoff all the leftovers, out to the sales to buy stuff for next year. Last year we had a big family Xmas Day at ours for the first time. I think I may have even started the de-Xmas process immediately after all the guests had left :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
Ours too. Boxing Day is the official end of Xmas. No more decs, no more songs, scoff all the leftovers, out to the sales to buy stuff for next year. Last year we had a big family Xmas Day at ours for the first time. I think I may have even started the de-Xmas process immediately after all the guests had left :ROFLMAO:
It's cause you spend all of november and december staring at christmas everywhere you go, and no one wants to be taking down decs when they're back in work!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.