Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same round my way, neighbours still with their halloween crap outside and in windows. A fear the rotting pumpkins outside one home may attract rats and foxes.
Am I a humbug as I always take my Christmas decorations down on New Years Eve? Just something my parents always did. A nice fresh start to the year. It would do my head in if they were left up until the twelfth night.

I'm the same. I absolutely love Christmas and have no problem with putting up my decs a little early (not stupidly early like now) but late November I dont mind. However, after boxing day I am done. If I was allowed I'd take them down on 27th but my partner wont let me lol so I settle for NYE too. Cant stand the thought of going into a new year with christmas decorations up. January is a new fresh year.

Reactions: 5
I'm addicted to Tattle!

Have only been a member for a couple of weeks, but I just can't say "no" to keeping off for more than a day or two:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
When you see a post on Facebook, go to look for it later, maybe only a few minutes, and it’s gone. No amount of sorting by “new activity” or “recent“ seems to bring up the elusive post.

Reactions: 11
The bloody bollocks phrase " self care" shite .. Bloody so called influencers vloggers who will swipe up/ad anything in greed and promote self care whilst never having had to work off their arses away from a sofa or bed... Like NORMAL people parents do😠

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The bloody bollocks phrase " self care" shite .. Bloody so called influencers vloggers who will swipe up/ad anything in greed and promote self care whilst never having had to work off their arses away from a sofa or bed... Like NORMAL people parents do😠
I've said this before but the first few times I heard the phrase 'self care' I seriously thought it was referring to masturbation. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People that are always late

people that put lol at the end of messages

people

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
People who pressure you into shopping locally. I will shop where I get the best deal/value thank you very much.

I’m sick of local shops having items considerably dearer than online, looked at a toy for Christmas £69.99 on all online sites, £105 at my local independent. Sorry, you can keep it.

Then you have the small businesses. Yes, I will pay £15-20 for some handmade items from a local business. The ones who buy crap clothes off Ali for £2 and sell at £25 can duck off. Same as boutiques buting hairbands and earrings on ebay for £1 and selling for £30-40. It gets right under my skin.

FYI - I completely understand the ethos of profit making etc, that’s what wholesale of ‘quality’ stock is for. I don’t think it is fair for people to buy items cheap online and sell them at a much higher price.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Something's just happened that's never happened before. I wrote a comment on a well-known media source's Facebook page, it's had an insane reaction and now it's the 'top comment' post so everybody sees it first. I'm now getting a constant stream of friend requests from randoms. My profile is private anyway and I'm deleting them as they come in, but they must do this all the time and have their request accepted, as they wouldn't do it otherwise, right? Is this why I've only got 100 friends and other people have about 8,000? Facebook is so weird.

Reactions: 7
Something's just happened that's never happened before. I wrote a comment on a well-known media source's Facebook page, it's had an insane reaction and now it's the 'top comment' post so everybody sees it first. I'm now getting a constant stream of friend requests from randoms. My profile is private anyway and I'm deleting them as they come in, but they must do this all the time and have their request accepted, as they wouldn't do it otherwise, right? Is this why I've only got 100 friends and other people have about 8,000? Facebook is so weird.
Tell us what did you say.

Reactions: 2
Tell us what did you say.
I made a comedic post related to the US election. Thought it was a bit of a niche comment, expecting about 2 likes which I normally get, then my phone started going crazy. I think it helped that it was a relatively new post when I saw it, so I was one of the first comments. I've got over 500 reactions now. Even my actual friends are now messaging me to say 'wow you're the top comment'. Thing is I'm quite an anxious person and I've already had one idiot being horrible to me so now I feel like deleting the post now that I've had the full experience, and just take a screenshot for posterity and to show my husband when he gets home :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People who pressure you into shopping locally. I will shop where I get the best deal/value thank you very much.

I’m sick of local shops having items considerably dearer than online, looked at a toy for Christmas £69.99 on all online sites, £105 at my local independent. Sorry, you can keep it.

Then you have the small businesses. Yes, I will pay £15-20 for some handmade items from a local business. The ones who buy crap clothes off Ali for £2 and sell at £25 can duck off. Same as boutiques buting hairbands and earrings on ebay for £1 and selling for £30-40. It gets right under my skin.

FYI - I completely understand the ethos of profit making etc, that’s what wholesale of ‘quality’ stock is for. I don’t think it is fair for people to buy items cheap online and sell them at a much higher price.
Yes! Not all independents are equal. I’ll shop independent if it’s something I can’t get elsewhere or if it’s the same price but some take the piss. A local vegan shop sells stuff you can get up to a £1 cheaper in M&S! And some of the popular brands are so much cheaper up in Asda (e.g. houmous from the world foods section 90p in Asda, same one £2-3 in vegan shop). I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually buy stuff from there then mark-up.

Another little thing that annoys me is when people have a hair as their avatar so you think it’s on your screen. It’s not funny and belongs in 2009.

Reactions: 6
Computer rant time, why aren't all computers fitted with an Solid State Drive nowdays?

SSD's have been around for many years, my first one was back in 2012 so why aren't they standard?

Same with USB-C, I don't own any device with this at all, micro usb is still alive and kicking.
(unless you own Tech, the one named after a piece of fruit.)

Computer rant time, why aren't all computers fitted with an Solid State Drive nowdays?

SSD's have been around for many years, my first one was back in 2012 so why aren't they standard?

Same with USB-C, I don't own any device with this at all, micro usb is still alive and kicking.
I think most new phones come with C.

Internal SSDs are relatively cheap these days - 250Gb SATA3 2.5" for about £22, or a 1 terra S3 2.5 for about £80. Highly competitive against the ancient HDDs. Flash memory is the way to go, but for whatever reason manufacturers prefer platters over flash for their hardware (even HP EVA Storage Arrays)

That said, the Economies of Scale generally kick in after 2TB, with prices/TB going through the roof for SDDs.

Internal SSDs are relatively cheap these days - 250Gb SATA3 2.5" for about £22, or a 1 terra S3 2.5 for about £80. Highly competitive against the ancient HDDs. Flash memory is the way to go, but for whatever reason manufacturers prefer platters over flash for their hardware (even HP EVA Storage Arrays)

That said, the Economies of Scale generally kick in after 2TB, with prices/TB going through the roof for SDDs.
The industry went from IDE to SATA quite quickly, but from Platter to Solid State is mega slow, some models of
computers have Either HDD or SDD but you pay over the top for the same model with an SSD. Don't get it.

My first SSD BTW cost me £120 for a 128gig (crucial) back in 2012.
AT this moment in time you can get a well branded 1TB for £73.

Any thoughts on USB C?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.