Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Especially during COVID when they pretend they don’t know how the que in aisle system works, as if you’re just stood there for the good of your health
It's happened so much during Covid. I was queuing to go into Mcdonalds the other day and someone thought that because they was getting a takeaway (so was I) she could walk straight in. I don't think so!

Reactions: 3
Donald Trump’s hair and the way he says “China”. In fact, just Donald Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's happened so much during Covid. I was queuing to go into Mcdonalds the other day and someone thought that because they was getting a takeaway (so was I) she could walk straight in. I don't think so!
A woman at my local shop, during the peak, asked if she could “nip” in front of me..because she was “only going in for wine”. As if I’d stood waiting for 25 mins, to let an idiot like that skip me!

• Angry
Reactions: 7
People who ‘check in’ on Facebook everywhere they go. Especially when they add the extra ‘Feeling blessed’ or something equally puke worthy! Why do you need to tell everyone you know you’re out for a pizza in the town centre? ‘Cheeky dinner in town’ BARF

• Haha
Reactions: 17
People with very short tempers and blow their tops over small trivial things.
Get help and stop shouting and losing your rag at the people you love because one day they won't be there for you to vent at.

Reactions: 4
Superdrugs incessant check out selling 🙄
Me: "just this please" *hands shampoo over*
Them:"can I interest you in this perfume?".
Me: "no thanks"
Them: "would you like to take advantage of our buy 5 get one free deal in this supersize bar of chocolate?"
Them: "can I interest you in our sim only plan? Only £15 texts and calls..."
Me: 😶
Them: "can I show you our electric toothbrush offer? Down to £60"
Me: *goes to boots*

Every bleeping time!!! I have gone to the till with the items I have specifically chosen and surprisingly won't be adding a random £15pm sim only deal with my tampons thanks hun 😴😴

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Those who get why and while wrong
Basic spelling carnt not cant, turnt instead of turned

I've probably already posted this but it just annoys me so much

Reactions: 6
Superdrugs incessant check out selling 🙄
Me: "just this please" *hands shampoo over*
Them:"can I interest you in this perfume?".
Them: "would you like to take advantage of our buy 5 get one free deal in this supersize bar of chocolate?"
Them: "can I interest you in our sim only plan? Only £15 texts and calls..."
Me: 😶
Them: "can I show you our electric toothbrush offer? Down to £60"
Me: *goes to boots*

Every bleeping time!!! I have gone to the till with the items I have specifically chosen and surprisingly won't be adding a random £15pm sim only deal with my tampons thanks hun 😴😴
I hate this so much. Post Office is the worst. All I want to do is send an eBay parcel and they're trying to upsell life insurance on me 😩

Reactions: 1
I hate this so much. Post Office is the worst. All I want to do is send an eBay parcel and they're trying to upsell life insurance on me 😩
My last call centre job was very sales orientated so after each call we had to talk customers through our special offers. 98% of customers said no, fair enough, their choice however, our managers blamed us for not trying hard enough to upsell and even when we had coaching and our calls listened to it was never good enough.
Customer says no, no means no, if you push it too much you lose customers and staff. I left in the end. Im good at customer service and sorting out problems but no good at sales.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Or asking if I want to send my ASOS parcel with a free return on a next day recorded service. No thanks 🤣

• Haha
My last call centre job was very sales orientated so after each call we had to talk customers through our special offers. 98% of customers said no, fair enough, their choice however, our managers blamed us for not trying hard enough to upsell and even when we had coaching and our calls listened to it was never good enough.
Customer says no, no means no, if you push it too much you lose customers and staff. I left in the end. Im good at customer service and sorting out problems but no good at sales.
I had a really similar situation where I used to work. This is why I'm convinced that the higher ups of companies don't live on planet earth ok. They'd sit us for reviews and say "okay sell me xyz" and they'd be like your selling is great why aren't you selling more and I was like CAUSE CUSTOMERS DONT WANT IT!!!! I am a customer. You can offer and offer if I don't want it I'm not buying. End of.

Reactions: 9
Yep, complete with a screenshotted “accurate” time of 25 mins or less! When in reality, the only place they’re usian bolting it to at that speed, is the local chippy
people bragging about the exercise they do in general pisses me off, especially humble brags where it's all "not my best time today but..." followed by some amazing achievment

Donald Trump’s hair and the way he says “China”. In fact, just Donald Trump.
his hair makes no sense, its like it is just glued to his head in random directions :LOL: His tweeting, everything followed by !

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had a really similar situation where I used to work. This is why I'm convinced that the higher ups of companies don't live on planet earth ok. They'd sit us for reviews and say "okay sell me xyz" and they'd be like your selling is great why aren't you selling more and I was like CAUSE CUSTOMERS DONT WANT IT!!!! I am a customer. You can offer and offer if I don't want it I'm not buying. End of.
And then you get shown the items that are on offer and the managers are going on saying oh look at the quality of this jam set, i would buy this for my nan she would be amazed by it.....🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Totally agree on the whole ‘up selling’ whether over the phone or at the till. When will managers realise it doesn’t work and they’re essentially trying to bully customers in to buying things they don’t want or need.

Something else I hate is when you go in to a shop and the shop assistant shouts over hi is there anything I can help with?? The minute you’ve stepped in. It instantly makes me want to turn round and walk out the door. I just want to browse, please leave me alone. If I need to ask you a question I’ll come and find you thanks very much. The exception to this rule is B&Q, where I almost always have a question the minute I walk in yet can never find a shop assistant for love nor money 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Totally agree on the whole ‘up selling’ whether over the phone or at the till. When will managers realise it doesn’t work and they’re essentially trying to bully customers in to buying things they don’t want or need.

Something else I hate is when you go in to a shop and the shop assistant shouts over hi is there anything I can help with?? The minute you’ve stepped in. It instantly makes me want to turn round and walk out the door. I just want to browse, please leave me alone. If I need to ask you a question I’ll come and find you thanks very much. The exception to this rule is B&Q, where I almost always have a question the minute I walk in yet can never find a shop assistant for love nor money 😂
I hate that too. It only seems to happen in the kind of stores where people only ever browse rather than buy. I know they've been told to do it but the staff are probably so bored, at least it gives them something to do!

Reactions: 5
I hate that too. It only seems to happen in the kind of stores where people only ever browse rather than buy. I know they've been told to do it but the staff are probably so bored, at least it gives them something to do!
Ah I know, it’s not the staff’s fault, they’re just doing their job. It’s just so off putting as a customer.

Unrelated but another thing that annoys me. When parents who have like a 4 or 5 year old and go on about when they’re kids were ‘little’ as if they are fully grown now or it was a zillion years ago. I find it’s when they’re trying to patronise people with younger kids. Very much ‘I’ve been through that but my kids are MUCH older now’. Umm, they are still little kids by the looks of it. Worst insta mums for this are Steph DBHF and five minute mum (who I follow but I think I need to unfollow as I find her so smug and annoying).

same! as soon as someone comes over I decide to leave, I know it's not their fault as it is the owner/manager but it is so offputting. I haven;t been shopping since corona, is it the same now?

Reactions: 1
same! as soon as someone comes over I decide to leave, I know it's not their fault as it is the owner/manager but it is so offputting. I haven;t been shopping since corona, is it the same now?
They greet you at the door now normally

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.