Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People (usually grown women) using the word vagina where they mean vulva.

Reactions: 7
People getting why and while mixed up,
Easy spelling mistakes carnt for example
Or wont instead of want
People writing spag bowl not Bol or saying spag Bol when it’s clearly pasta not spaghetti

• Angry
Reactions: 10
People getting why and while mixed up,
Easy spelling mistakes carnt for example
Or wont instead of want
People writing spag bowl not Bol or saying spag Bol when it’s clearly pasta not spaghetti
"could of" instead of "could have"

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Elf on the shelf
Elf on the bleeping shelf. I absolutely hate that. Why is it even a thing now?! We never had it when we were growing up. It was santa and the tooth fairy. I didn't even have the easter bunny when I was a kid.

On a similar note of elf on the shelf...

The fact that britain adopts stupid traditions from america. Prom for example. They are just pointless imo. All that money for a few hours which is so boring anyway (teens don't want to party with their teachers!) Even primary school kids having proms now as well. they all move to the same place usually anyway? Could they not have a disco?

Gender reveals, blame america. Baby showers, blame america. Extravagent hen/wedding parties, america.

We would live much cheaper lives if we didn't adopt the american tradition of celebrating everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Elf on the bleeping shelf. I absolutely hate that. Why is it even a thing now?! We never had it when we were growing up. It was santa and the tooth fairy. I didn't even have the easter bunny when I was a kid.

On a similar note of elf on the shelf...

The fact that britain adopts stupid traditions from america. Prom for example. They are just pointless imo. All that money for a few hours which is so boring anyway (teens don't want to party with their teachers!) Even primary school kids having proms now as well. they all move to the same place usually anyway? Could they not have a disco?

Gender reveals, blame america. Baby showers, blame america. Extravagent hen/wedding parties, america.

We would live much cheaper lives if we didn't adopt the american tradition of celebrating everything.
[/QUOTE
Thank God there were no proms during my time in school.

Reactions: 9
I had one. Most of the kids went to parties before so were drunk on arrival and everyone was pretty much outside all night. None of my year got along so everyone went to different after prom parties. All in all was a waste of time and money. Looking back I wish i'd never gone.

Reactions: 3
Week long hen and stag do’s that the bride/groom expect everyone attending the wedding to go on.

Reactions: 15
Week long hen and stag do’s that the bride/groom expect everyone attending the wedding to go on.
especially when those week long hen dos are abroad and cost a fortune meaning you've got to choose between going on a family holiday or going on the hen party.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
especially when those week long hen dos are abroad and cost a fortune meaning you've got to choose between going on a family holiday or going on the hen party.
Yes! But they are so offended if you say you haven‘t got the budget for a week long hen do, then a two night stay at a country house, wedding present etc etc.

Reactions: 14
Yes! But they are so offended if you say you haven‘t got the budget for a week long hen do, then a two night stay at a country house, wedding present etc etc.
Exactly! I don't get the appeal of having multiple hen parties. I knew one girl who had 4. one abroad, one away at home, one locally and then one with her family so the kids of the family could attend... And the wedding was quite fair away so most would have had to stay overnight. Shocking.

I also hate when the hen party is a weekend/4 day thing at the same cost that a week all inclusive would be and it's this awkward issue of like that's a shocking price to pay for 3 nights/4 days self catering when I could have a weeks holiday all inclusive!

I couldn't ask people personally. I would just feel so rude. I feel the same about abroad weddings. I just think it's really rude to ask people to use their family holiday money to come to your wedding just cause you wanted to get married abroad.

I knew someone who didn't tell the bridal party where they were going for the hen. They all (bride included) found out the morning that they were flying where they were going but were given a pack list (themed weekend). What if you don't like where you're going? Too late to back out then?

Reactions: 16
Exactly! I don't get the appeal of having multiple hen parties. I knew one girl who had 4. one abroad, one away at home, one locally and then one with her family so the kids of the family could attend... And the wedding was quite fair away so most would have had to stay overnight. Shocking.

I also hate when the hen party is a weekend/4 day thing at the same cost that a week all inclusive would be and it's this awkward issue of like that's a shocking price to pay for 3 nights/4 days self catering when I could have a weeks holiday all inclusive!

I couldn't ask people personally. I would just feel so rude. I feel the same about abroad weddings. I just think it's really rude to ask people to use their family holiday money to come to your wedding just cause you wanted to get married abroad.

I knew someone who didn't tell the bridal party where they were going for the hen. They all (bride included) found out the morning that they were flying where they were going but were given a pack list (themed weekend). What if you don't like where you're going? Too late to back out then?
And you have to chip in and pay towards the stag/hen trip because they couldn’t possibly pay for their own do!

Reactions: 10
My daughter had a prom when they closed her school and they all had to go to a new one . It was around the time of all the gypsy wedding programmes and all the mothers used to slag off how they dressed their little girls . Guess whose kids were all tarted up for the prom

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ok I'm going to say it but I don't like kids much but I'm ok day to day. Adults behaviours with kids pisses me off so much more. When a toddler or baby starts dancing and everyone stops and watches and makes a big deal...boils my piss. Or when people decided to tell you what their child has eaten or has asked for a certain type of food.....hmmmm a human eats food... mindbending 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 14
Ok I'm going to say it but I don't like kids much but I'm ok day to day. Adults behaviours with kids pisses me off so much more. When a toddler or baby starts dancing and everyone stops and watches and makes a big deal...boils my piss. Or when people decided to tell you what their child has eaten or has asked for a certain type of food.....hmmmm a human eats food... mindbending 🙄🙄🙄
Hahahahah same. I hate kids dancing, singing, etc. My niece is a little attention seeker and loves to try and sing or pull stupid faces in my face. I honestly just ignore her, have never met a kid so irritating before. She is 8 and acts like she's 5 because her parents don't correct her. Always think she will grow out of it but she gets worse every time we see her. Even if we video call, she has to be front and centre pulling stupid faces. I actually despise her. On the other hand, her younger brother is lovely and acts more mature 😅😭

• Haha
Reactions: 15

And because of covid and cancelled weddings there will undoubtedly be another hen/stag to fork out for, cause this years one is soo far away

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.