Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When someone just decides to chill right next to a zebra crossing...are you gonna cross? Yes, no, yes, wait, no. Now I’ve just come to a complete stop for no reason.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
People who seem to have everything happening right for them without working for it

Reactions: 24
Playsuits. I even hate the name. Conjures up images of giant babygros. Plus the thought of having to take it off just to have a wee.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
People who seem to have everything happening right for them without working for it
And those people at work who do nothing but dick about all day and produce crappy work and all of a sudden get a promotion to a cushy little job whilst you have just kept your head down and worked hard but got no thanks for any of it. Then you ring in sick on a rare occasion and get read the bloody riot act and made to feel you have let the whole team down 🤨🤨

Reactions: 19
Another from for me is customers doing their Christmas shopping. I work in a call center for a mail order firm and as soon as December 1st hits they all go off their heads like the world will end at midnight on December 25th.

Last Christmas I was working on Christmas Eve and this Karen was shouting at me on the phone because her sons main gift hadn't arrived. I checked her order, "Karen you ordered this on the 22nd December and the website CLEARLY states allow 7 working das as it is direct from the supplier."
It was all my fault that Karen didn't read that part, my fault that she had left her sons main gift to the last minute....sorry but we all know when bleeping xmas is so get the stuff well in advace.....then she was barking at me for a manager, then suggested I tell her son that he wasn't getting his much longed for Xbox..."yeah and I'll tell him that his mummy left it to the last minute to tell santa to send him an Xbox."

Sor...no not even going to say sorry for this one....we all know when Christmas is so duck off ordering stuff at the last minute 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Another from for me is customers doing their Christmas shopping. I work in a call center for a mail order firm and as soon as December 1st hits they all go off their heads like the world will end at midnight on December 25th.

Last Christmas I was working on Christmas Eve and this Karen was shouting at me on the phone because her sons main gift hadn't arrived. I checked her order, "Karen you ordered this on the 22nd December and the website CLEARLY states allow 7 working das as it is direct from the supplier."
It was all my fault that Karen didn't read that part, my fault that she had left her sons main gift to the last minute....sorry but we all know when bleeping xmas is so get the stuff well in advace.....then she was barking at me for a manager, then suggested I tell her son that he wasn't getting his much longed for Xbox..."yeah and I'll tell him that his mummy left it to the last minute to tell santa to send him an Xbox."

Sor...no not even going to say sorry for this one....we all know when Christmas is so duck off ordering stuff at the last minute 😂😂😂
Cannot reiterate how accurate this is! Literally having people call up at 16:50 Xmas eve (I finished by 17:00) to see if their order (which they’d ordered hours earlier) will be with them by that night, and I’m not exaggerating. Then, like they say above me it’s all of a sudden your fault and I have “ruined” Xmas cos little Timmy won’t get his bike. 🖕🏻🖕🏻😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I work in a high street retailer and we get this constantly. People come in on Xmas eve and then kick off cause their item isn’t in stock.
It’s Christmas pissing eve what were you expecting?!!
We once had a guy come on Xmas eve as we were locking the doors threatening to kick my managers head in cause he needed to get his kids toys. I was like uhhhh it’s 6pm on Christmas Eve mate?

• Haha
Cannot reiterate how accurate this is! Literally having people call up at 16:50 Xmas eve (I finished by 17:00) to see if their order (which they’d ordered hours earlier) will be with them by that night, and I’m not exaggerating. Then, like they say above me it’s all of a sudden your fault and I have “ruined” Xmas cos little Timmy won’t get his bike. 🖕🏻🖕🏻😂😂
And all the while you feel like saying ffs you have had all friggin year to prepare for christmas!
Is it just me or does working in customer services made you kind immune to peoples bullshit?

"This is going on social media, my MP, the local press and I'm telling all my friends!" All right then Karen, be sure to tell them the part where you didn't read the terms correctly and no hun they aren't small print or hidden away.

Reactions: 6
And all the while you feel like saying ffs you have had all friggin year to prepare for christmas!
Is it just me or does working in customer services made you kind immune to peoples bullshit?

"This is going on social media, my MP, the local press and I'm telling all my friends!" All right then Karen, be sure to tell them the part where you didn't read the terms correctly and no hun they aren't small print or hidden away.
^ my favourite is when they threaten to take it to the local paper 😂
we’ve had people come in a film us saying no to returns etc. The issue is apparently they’re breaking the law cause you can’t film someone on private property

• Haha
I work in a high street retailer and we get this constantly. People come in on Xmas eve and then kick off cause their item isn’t in stock.
It’s Christmas pissing eve what were you expecting?!!
We once had a guy come on Xmas eve as we were locking the doors threatening to kick my managers head in cause he needed to get his kids toys. I was like uhhhh it’s 6pm on Christmas Eve mate?
Again...he had all year to get sorted!
Christmas brings out the worst in people 😂

^ my favourite is when they threaten to take it to the local paper 😂
we’ve had people come in a film us saying no to returns etc. The issue is apparently they’re breaking the law cause you can’t film someone on private property
Same in call centers, they say they are recording the call and I just say ok thats fine. One guy at work said he did not give his consent and kept saying it every so often on the call. He then told me that the customer said she would edit that part out so he kept saying it throughout the call mid sentence so she couldn't edit any of it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Oh my god that’s so true! I remember a man said he was going to SUE me cos the item he ordered was late and he had come to pick it up... sue ME by the way, not the company, little 19 year old till girl on minimum wage me :ROFLMAO: .

I’ve also been told i need to change the layout of the shop, where things are kept, the amount of clothes being put out on one rail, where the toilets are etc etc - yeah don’t think they give the xmas temps that sort of power Karen.

Even in my current job I still get the “I’m going to take this to the local newspaper” line, like for god sake the NHS is a free service sorry you’ve had to wait a little bit longer for something non-urgent that most countries would make you pay for :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Oh god I hate the general public 🙄

When I worked as bar staff I often ended up having to ask rowdy middle aged men to leave and they’d always come out with ‘I could buy this pub!’

I was just like please do so I don’t have to work here anymore 🤷‍♀️

Either that or they were going to ‘come back in the night and put all the windows through’ yea cos we won’t have any idea who did it 🤨 bearing in mind the pub was in a village 😂

• Haha
Oh my god that’s so true! I remember a man said he was going to SUE me cos the item he ordered was late and he had come to pick it up... sue ME by the way, not the company, little 19 year old till girl on minimum wage me :ROFLMAO: .

I’ve also been told i need to change the layout of the shop, where things are kept, the amount of clothes being put out on one rail, where the toilets are etc etc - yeah don’t think they give the xmas temps that sort of power Karen.

Even in my current job I still get the “I’m going to take this to the local newspaper” line, like for god sake the NHS is a free service sorry you’ve had to wait a little bit longer for something non-urgent that most countries would make you pay for :rolleyes:
Or the line "I pay your wages". I doubt it love, you don't look like you earn enough to pay my wages through your ntional insurance.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Or the line "I pay your wages". I doubt it love, you don't look like you earn enough to pay my wages through your ntional insurance.
Also isn't it something ridiculously small that they would be contributing anyway when you calculate it?

• Haha
Reactions: 2

when they get arsey about things out of my control cause I’m just stood there like...do *i*, a girl in my early twenties who looks so young that I still get asked ID for lottery tickets, look like I run this company??

my personal favourite is “well * insert company* have lost a customer!!”
Yea I’m sure this million pound corporation will miss your £12.99 kettle purchase love!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People hawking unnecessary homemade tat on FB/ Insta...glitter glasses/ bottles/ etc, 'treat boxes'(especially Xmas Eve boxes, since when has this even been a thing?!) , pointless tit for Mother or Father's Day you could make yourself for two bob...gives me the rage!

Sliders and socks
Fluffy sliders
Maybe just ALL sliders :ROFLMAO:

People hawking unnecessary homemade tat on FB/ Insta...glitter glasses/ bottles/ etc, 'treat boxes'(especially Xmas Eve boxes, since when has this even been a thing?!) , pointless tit for Mother or Father's Day you could make yourself for two bob...gives me the rage!

Sliders and socks
Fluffy sliders
Maybe just ALL sliders :ROFLMAO:
Yesss wtf are the Christmas Eve boxes and people selling ‘sweet cones’ on FB which is just what you get if you go down the newsagents from a jar 🤦‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.