Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who post things on Facebook, then delete it and re upload it ½hr later as they didn't get enough likes on the first post.
Or more telling, they post something like "Have just arrived at hospital!" And leave it at that.

They then lurk waiting for people to take the bait with some "Hope you're okay, babe x"

Attention-seeking clickbait at its most desperate

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Or more telling, they post something like "Have just arrived at hospital!" And leave it at that.

They then lurk waiting for people to take the bait with some "Hope you're okay, babe x"

Attention-seeking clickbait at its most desperate
"Have just arrived at hospital"

Reply...."why? Did you bang your massive over inflated ego on the ceiling as you stood up?"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Inbox me hun x 😂😂
After seeing the ‘wow’ reaction on my post, I would just like to add that I’m not asking anyone to inbox me haha

That’s usually the response when people ask what’s wrong after saying they’re at the hospital

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Cultural appropriation. I’m sorry but wtf. Obviously it’s not ok to mock a culture or try to benefit from another culture financially (unless it’s to mock Scotland as it seems it’s ok to rip the piss out of our accent, skin tone, food, national dress, not to mention all the offensive stereotypes). I would never knowingly go out my way to offend someone/a whole culture. But one look on SM and you are made to feel every little thing is cultural appropriation. A white child who is obsessed with Moana and dresses up like her and twats out there calling it cultural appropriation 🙄 the kid is 3 and loves Moana ffs. She is not claiming they culture, she is loving it and celebrating it. A non black person loves African inspired decor and shares some pics of their home on SM. Not claiming they are African or that they want to ‘steal’ the whole culture. Just that they love the styles and colours. That person is made to feel like absolute tit as it’s cultural appropriation, ugh NO!

The recent Adele thing was an eye opener though, as it seems it was mainly Americans shouting cultural appropriation and most Jamaican people saying nah calm down, it’s not, you don’t speak for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
When you apply for a job and have to make an account on their website to apply.
You hear nothing from them until about 6 months later when they email you to ask you to "configure" your account or update your details.

Just annoying having these emails in my inbox all the time.
I don't drive and I've applied for soooo many jobs where I've been through the whole website application, inserting dates into drop down boxes etc and the last question is to do with needing to drive. duck that!

I once got rejected for a job and then a year or so later got another automated rejection email 😂 yeah, thanks for reminding me of that 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Omg yes!!! I have a friend that does this but she says it like she’s asking a question.

‘I went to the pub last night, and it was shut’
‘Did you go to the pub last night?’
‘Yeah’
‘And was it shut?’

It’s SO annoying!!!!
Sometimes I wonder if she’s mocking me 😂
I love my aunt dearly, but she does something like that.

For example she will say "the car broke down and I was late for church"
Then she will say the car broke down and ...

She now expects us to say and you were late for church.

She is 92 and if I didn't love her so much I would find it annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Elf on the shelf. I've seen a local balloon shop already has those crappy "I'm back" balloons. It's a wank idea and I don't want to see what mischief your elf has been up to because it's not funny or original.

I am the original Grinch.
And that's is just one reason I am glad my kids are grown up! I struggled with the tooth fairy, I would never have coped with the sodding elf!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I work in customer services so have to run our customers through security on each call. Mainly, their name and address.
I ask them to confirm their details but they answer as if its a game show and are unsure of the answer. Like their tone goes up at the end as if giving an unsure answer.
Grates on me.

"Please can you confirm your full name and address?"

"Jane (upward tone) Brown...? 27 Ham (upward tone) road?..uy8 (upward tone) 9tf??"

What i would love to say.....
"You sure? You sound unsure....final answer??"

And the best one....

"I am on your website and trying to order somethingbut when I click it it says out of stock. Can I order it with you?"
😶😶😶😶😶😶

• Haha
Reactions: 6
One-upper story tellers. They can't just pipe down and let you share/vent about something. They always follow with a brief "omg yes" and some similar but even more impactful story, and then you can forget about the rest of the conversation because the focus will stay on them now. I have a close friend like this and it is really putting a strain on my nerves and affecta how much I want to share with her.
Yep if you've been to Tenerife, they've been to Elevenerife 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The entire content of this article.

If you don't want to read it, there are two central issues:

1. People complained to Ofcom because Bake Off made a joke about tiny hands, which may have offended people with Poland Syndrome.

2. People complained to Ofcom because Paul Hollywood said that the rainbow-coloured bagels a contestant made, 'reminded him of the NHS'. The complaints were on behalf of the gay community who apparently have sole use of the rights to display a rainbow

My head hurts 😩

• Haha
The entire content of this article.

If you don't want to read it, there are two central issues:

1. People complained to Ofcom because Bake Off made a joke about tiny hands, which may have offended people with Poland Syndrome.

2. People complained to Ofcom because Paul Hollywood said that the rainbow-coloured bagels a contestant made, 'reminded him of the NHS'. The complaints were on behalf of the gay community who apparently have sole use of the rights to display a rainbow

My head hurts 😩
Some people have too much time on their hands.
And it is almost time to start a new thread. :)

Reactions: 7
I am 6ft tall, and it bugs me when new people come along and say "Gosh, you're tall aren't you?"

Nope, I'm only 3ft tall and walking on stilts, Sherlock!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
People selling treat boxes on Facebook (chocs, cakes, etc) for prices which would be cheaper if you went to a supermarket to get the items.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.