Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excessive packaging.

This morning I received a rather large box (roughly thrice the size of a shoe box) from Amazon. Inside were reams and reams of brown packing paper, bubble wrap and for some reason those incredibly annoying and messy polystyrene chip things.

Such a large and unnecessary box, and so much excessive packing for something as fairly solid as a garden tool set (trowel, hand fork, hand rake and gloves - all of which were wrapped inside a garden tote bag)

Reactions: 8
Here's one from this morning: When you're trying to have an intelligent debate about the Covid situation, especially when you're winning 🤗 but then someone decides to throw in a Dominic Cummings reference. It's just so desperate and it's the Covid equivalent of invoking Godwin's Law.

Person A: 'insert valid factual statement here'
Person B: 'BUT...DOMINIC CUMMINGS!!'

End of debate.

I know people who must clearly search out news stories about him because they post them every day, and every single conversation has a mention of him. It's like an obsession to them.

We all know he's a twit, thanks for reminding us but it was 5 months ago and you are really spending way too much time thinking about him. 😖

Reactions: 3
Here's one from this morning: When you're trying to have an intelligent debate about the Covid situation, especially when you're winning 🤗 but then someone decides to throw in a Dominic Cummings reference. It's just so desperate and it's the Covid equivalent of invoking Godwin's Law.

Person A: 'insert valid factual statement here'
Person B: 'BUT...DOMINIC CUMMINGS!!'

End of debate.

I know people who must clearly search out news stories about him because they post them every day, and every single conversation has a mention of him. It's like an obsession to them.

We all know he's a twit, thanks for reminding us but it was 5 months ago and you are really spending way too much time thinking about him. 😖
Yes. I have come across that particular conversation-killer, but I often retort with a "I see your Dominic, and I raise you a Margaret Ferrier!" :LOL:

• Haha
At the moment, I am sitting in a certain well known coffee shop, drinking a cup of tea. What a palaver just to sit down for a drink. I had to upload a flippin' qr scanner app, put in my details, then go back to the counter to order the tea! I only want a drink for goodness sake!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Excessive packaging.

This morning I received a rather large box (roughly thrice the size of a shoe box) from Amazon. Inside were reams and reams of brown packing paper, bubble wrap and for some reason those incredibly annoying and messy polystyrene chip things.

Such a large and unnecessary box, and so much excessive packing for something as fairly solid as a garden tool set (trowel, hand fork, hand rake and gloves - all of which were wrapped inside a garden tote bag)
Yes, I got a ginormous box from Amazon and it had 3 shower caps in it. Best part, I didn't even order them 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Elf on the shelf. I've seen a local balloon shop already has those crappy "I'm back" balloons. It's a wank idea and I don't want to see what mischief your elf has been up to because it's not funny or original.

I am the original Grinch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Elf on the shelf. I've seen a local balloon shop already has those crappy "I'm back" balloons. It's a wank idea and I don't want to see what mischief your elf has been up to because it's not funny or original.

I have never understood this thing, if I was a child I think I'd find it scary

Yep, never done it, never will do it. Same goes for Xmas eve boxes. Just another way of putting pressure on parents. I have a friend who posts a daily pic of where the elf has managed to hide. She also shows how much she loves her kids through the medium of inspirational parenting memes and puts maps of her daily jogging maps on Facebook. Why am I even still following her?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This new girl in the office. Every time I go to lunch etc. she says 'welcome back' when I get back in the office. I wasn't gone that long!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yep, never done it, never will do it. Same goes for Xmas eve boxes. Just another way of putting pressure on parents. I have a friend who posts a daily pic of where the elf has managed to hide. She also shows how much she loves her kids through the medium of inspirational parenting memes and puts maps of her daily jogging maps on Facebook. Why am I even still following her?
Is your friend my sister?! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is your friend my sister?! 🤣
I feel like I know this person too 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
One of my friends used to do this when I had Facebook or she used to write stuff like 'best place to buy a kitchen' or 'best website to sell my car' shut up and just google it
How did people survive and do stuff before facebook? Did people actually think for themselves?

• Haha
People who repeat exactly what you've just said.

"I went down the pub last night, and it was shut"
"You went down the pub and it was shut?"

"I bought some tomatoes and green peppers for a quid"
"You bought some tomatoes and peppers for a quid?"

"I kicked your dad up the arse!"
"You kicked my dad up the arse?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Omg yes!!! I have a friend that does this but she says it like she’s asking a question.

‘I went to the pub last night, and it was shut’
‘Did you go to the pub last night?’
‘Yeah’
‘And was it shut?’

It’s SO annoying!!!!
Sometimes I wonder if she’s mocking me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Like they are talking to a 3 year old.....
"You went to the shop! Oohh wow!"

• Haha
One-upper story tellers. They can't just pipe down and let you share/vent about something. They always follow with a brief "omg yes" and some similar but even more impactful story, and then you can forget about the rest of the conversation because the focus will stay on them now. I have a close friend like this and it is really putting a strain on my nerves and affecta how much I want to share with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
People who post things on Facebook, then delete it and re upload it ½hr later as they didn't get enough likes on the first post.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.