Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those headbands with bows on baby girls heads!
Wtf is that about?
Let them have their heads free like baby boys are allowed to.
Why would you stretch an elastic bend with a bow atop across your baby’s head?
It’s chavy and sexist, just stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
When you flash your lights to let someone go and they sit there. So you flash them again and again. I end up just shouting oh duck off then
Have u checked your lights? I had this the other day where this bloke was "flashing" his lights at me and i swear there was no flash or even change in the lights... it was until he was screaming and waving his hands around like a lunatic that i went and quite honestly i wish i hadnt, and told the angry prick that his lights were tit! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Talking of headlights, now a lot of people have those bright LED headlights every time someone behind me goes over a teeensy tiny little bump in the road it seems the beams flick up and down and it looks like I am being flashed. A few times now I've checked my tail lamps are still working when I arrive home, because I am convinced people are flashing me to say they are out.

Bring back soft amber coloured normal lights 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Listening to people huffing and puffing when someone in front with crutches is clearly walking as fast as they can but they’re stuck behind.

You’ll be able to overtake soon enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
download.png
Talking of headlights, now a lot of people have those bright LED headlights every time someone behind me goes over a teeensy tiny little bump in the road it seems the beams flick up and down and it looks like I am being flashed. A few times now I've checked my tail lamps are still working when I arrive home, because I am convinced people are flashing me to say they are out.

Bring back soft amber coloured normal lights 😂
Reminded me about this meme 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What do you expect them to do with their children? Leave them at home? Not everyone has family on hand to babysit so should the parents not leave the house?
Precisely, I have grandchildren and much as I love them I certainly don’t want to have them dumped on me every time their parents go shopping.
Their kids, their responsibility.

Reactions: 11
When you flash your lights to let someone go and they sit there. So you flash them again and again. I end up just shouting oh duck off then
I do this all the time 🤣 or when they don't say thank you and I'm like "you're bleeping welcome!!!" then my boyfriend goes they did wave 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Sky News app, which seems to think that a story about Michael Owen's daughter breaking up with her boyfriend of 5 minutes, is worthy of a breaking news alert on my phone.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Those little ads at the bottom of the page everytime I'm on here 😤 they've got worse never use to pop up so much before

• Heart
Reactions: 14
When you're stuck behind someone who is walking at a slightly slower pace than you would like, so you would have to choose to either do that awkward run to get past them then walk at a faster pace than usual to put a comfortable distance between you, or hold back and walk slightly slower than you would like to

Reactions: 10
That facebook thing where people post: Instead of buying me a birthday present this year please donate to ....

I always feel like replying; 'who tf said I was gonna buy you a present in the first place? I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday ffs'. I mean, you can't donate to every bloody charity, and we all have our favourite charities anyway we donate to anyway whether it's anyone's birthday or not. But of course they always have that thing showing the world that says who donated and how much. Does this get on anyone else's nerves? Or is it only me? 😁

Reactions: 12
Clickbait article headings, e.g.,

"The REAL reason why ..."

... which doesn't even get covered - you just get a repeat of the same back story.

Someone who has arranged with you to collect an item you’re selling from fb marketplace, and they just don’t show up! I’m fuming, wasted a whole morning waiting in and I get no apology or nothing. Can’t stand marketplace at the best of times

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Someone who has arranged with you to collect an item you’re selling from fb marketplace, and they just don’t show up! I’m fuming, wasted a whole morning waiting in and I get no apology or nothing. Can’t stand marketplace at the best of times
Reminds me of this

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That facebook thing where people post: Instead of buying me a birthday present this year please donate to ....

I always feel like replying; 'who tf said I was gonna buy you a present in the first place? I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday ffs'. I mean, you can't donate to every bloody charity, and we all have our favourite charities anyway we donate to anyway whether it's anyone's birthday or not. But of course they always have that thing showing the world that says who donated and how much. Does this get on anyone else's nerves? Or is it only me? 😁
but then again, it’s always funny when their fundraiser raises like £35 out of a target of £250.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Rich footballers pretending they understand what people are going through with the increase of cost of living. 🖕

Arriving home during the school run. The kids floor it down the road on their scooters and casually walk in the middle of the road when we’re driving up. I’m on a prime walking route so I get rubbish thrown over my fence too even though there’s a public bin right by it. I do my best to avoid it when I can.

Reactions: 3

I hear you!
It’s also become a bit of a thing with funerals. My friend’s Dad died from Sepsis and my friend posted up a link on her FB page asking for contributions to a group that funds research in the area of Sepsis. You can see who of her friends had donated and how much they had donated! It wasn’t enough to pass on sympathies and give emotional support. It made me feel a bit awkward and under pressure financially. I haven’t made a contribution - I hope this doesn’t make me less of a friend. I thought the request seemed a bit crass….

• Heart
I hear you!
It’s also become a bit of a thing with funerals. My friend’s Dad died from Sepsis and my friend posted up a link on her FB page asking for contributions to a group that funds research in the area of Sepsis. You can see who of her friends had donated and how much they had donated! It wasn’t enough to pass on sympathies and give emotional support. It made me feel a bit awkward and under pressure financially. I haven’t made a contribution - I hope this doesn’t make me less of a friend. I thought the request seemed a bit crass….
Surely there is an option to donate anonymously or at least not let it show how much your donation was?

Do you think your friends made a point of revealing the donation?

Reactions: 2

Just remember that the beauty of Facebook is that no one knows you've seen their post.

If I'm ever asked about a post someone has made my reply is always
- oh I don't check fb that much, or
- damn fb algorithm, I seem to miss loads these days.

These two lies never fail me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.