Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pissed off by upstairs neighbors. They have a thing where you can put a bike on to use inside. Sounds like I live in a bleeping wind tunnel in my flat, at all hours of the day. I understand that they're training (triathlon), but come on, have some consideration for the people you live with. Filed a complaint about it now, I do not want to spend more time either waking up at 6:15 to the sound nor do I want to spend my evenings with it,

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Ladies, when you're doing a wee, and instead of the stream of wee going straight down into the toilet bowl, it decides to take a sudden diversion onto the back of your thigh 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Tea flavours that sound delicious in theory but taste crap. I was looking forward to my new Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea but it legit tasted like cardboard :(

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
People, most often women who cannot go anywhere or do anything without someone else with them. Usually it's their husband or partner but can also be their mum / sister / whatever.

I find it weird and frankly a bit pathetic if I'm brutally honest. The worst are the friends who always invite their partners along.

Hello, I want to drink wine, reminisce about our questionable misspent youth and discuss my birth induced piles! I don't need your fella hanging around like a wet tea towel chipping in pointless stuff that I feel forced to politely laugh along with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Further to my previous rant, people who sulk in a performative way.

If you want to sulk so be it, but don't stare moodily out of the window at the lashing rain, or sit on the stairs for a prolonged period of time with your head in your hands - you are not in a Boyzone music video.

• Haha
The world doesn’t need any more “hOw I UsE mY dYsOn HaiR wRaP” videos 😩 ENOUGH.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Wireless earphones, I’m listening to music & the fuckers are just escaping from my ears, every time I try put them back in the music changes I haven’t heard a full song for the duration they have been in, back to my wired ones 😂

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Wireless earphones, I’m listening to music & the fuckers are just escaping from my ears, every time I try put them back in the music changes I haven’t heard a full song for the duration they have been in, back to my wired ones 😂
And if I have a hood up they tap against the side of it and it changes the music

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I can't even keep wired bud type ones in. I have to use the over ear, hooked sports ones. So frustrating! 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Strange weather patterns ...

I'm working from home as our office is getting new carpet laid and was enjoying working on my deck in the sun. Within minutes, it clouded over and the rain came down very fast, as I was rushing about to get everything back inside. Fast forward 15 minutes and now it's fine again ... with blue sky. Do I risk it and go back outside or ..?

Reactions: 1
@Crabbypatty00 I'm with you on the can't go anywhere without someone else. Last summer I arranged to meet a friend and was really looking forward to seeing her. When I arrived, she strode towards me saying "Dave will be with us in a minute, he's just parking the car". 😑 Then you have Dave making his "humourous" quips & trying to steer the conversation to current affairs. So annoying & yes I think it's pathetic too.

Reactions: 13
Soz it feels like I post here every day now 😂 but today's for me is when you buy shampoo/moisturizer/body lotion and it's 'off' and has that horrible plasticky smell. Usually when it was really expensive too :( I splurged and bought Redken shampoo and conditioner and the conditioner smells lovely but the shampoo has that off smell. Grr

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
When people use Boob as a verb when referring to breastfeeding.

We had to take our newborn back to the hospital for a jaundice check last week. When the nurse was filling the paperwork in with the woman next to me she asked how she was feeding, and the woman said "oh we're boobing." 🤢 Then as we were leaving I heard her ask if she could stay in the waiting area a bit longer as "it's time to boob the baby." 🤢

It's weird! Just say feed or breastfeed!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
One of my best friends does that could/should/would of thing and it drives me bonkers. Obviously, I can’t pick her up on it so as not to out myself as a shite friend and raging pedant but it takes everything in me not to reply ‘it’s HAVE, not OF!!’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.