Little things in life that annoy you immensely #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ring pulls on tins that snap off when you try to open them. I only wanted beans on toast πŸ˜• not a 3 hour hunt for a tin opener

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
People who charge around the supermarket as though they are the only person in the place.
A guy charged past me with a trolley earlier today, barely missed actually hitting me with the damn thing. I was standing close to the display stand that I was selecting things from. It's not as though I was in the middle of the floor. Prick.

Reactions: 18
Thick people on eBay who don't understand that CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY on your listing means exactly that.

Here we go with the refund and relist rigmarole because Jenny from St Ives didn't realise she'd have to drive over 250 miles to pick up her Β£15 purchase πŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I have a sorry we missed you card and i wasnt expecting anything. Ive had to rearrange for the weekend as I'm at work all week so the curiosity is going to kill me πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have a sorry we missed you card and i wasnt expecting anything. Ive had to rearrange for the weekend as I'm at work all week so the curiosity is going to kill me πŸ˜‚
Make sure it's not a scam. I've heard about scams where you get a text or email about a parcel.

Reactions: 6
I had a mysterious large letter / parcel with postage not paid a few years ago. Obviously I expected a large sum left in an unknown will or something else just as exciting. Turns out it was a circular from a Christian cult in Canada to the previous owners of our house.
I have never been so enraged by postage costs!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I had this. I did remember ordering something that should fit through my letter box. Had no idea it was signed for.

Reactions: 3
It annoys me when friends are a bit unclear - I lent some money to a friend few weeks back, to be fair she asked for my bank account details which I was puzzled at until I remembered she now has a new account so probably doesn't have mine saved on that. So I've texted them now.

She's trustworthy and will pay me back but is obviously struggling a bit so will avoid me until she gets paid which makes me roll my eyes a bit 🀣

I wish she would say "it will be on X date"

Reactions: 4
When you've not drunk your tea and by the time you realise, it's cold

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
The way some people drive over speed bumps, especially those quite small ones just designed to slow traffic to 20mph. They creep up to them as if they are about to drop off a cliff then lurch over them at 0.005mph then suddenly speed up again before slamming the breaks on for the next set. Some people also try to drive into the middle of the road to try to get the best angle.
Just drive over them steadily and your car won't feel like it's falling apart!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The way some people drive over speed bumps, especially those quite small ones just designed to slow traffic to 20mph. They creep up to them as if they are about to drop off a cliff then lurch over them at 0.005mph then suddenly speed up again before slamming the breaks on for the next set. Some people also try to drive into the middle of the road to try to get the best angle.
Just drive over them steadily and your car won't feel like it's falling apart!
Happened to me yesterday! They ground to a halt fairly fair ahead of me whilst I cruised over in second gear :LOL:

Reactions: 5
When someone asks a question e.g for a recommendation on Facebook and ninety six million people (I never exaggerate) post the exact same answer. πŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Another Facebook one from a local page...does nobody know how to do a search! Or would that require them to use whatever they have that passes for a brain.
Much easier to ask for the millionth time - who can I get to alter clothes/ what time does Tesco open/ close and so on.πŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 10
A small satsuma type easy peeler that had no less than 17 pips in it!! 😀

Thick people on eBay who don't understand that CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY on your listing means exactly that.

Here we go with the refund and relist rigmarole because Jenny from St Ives didn't realise she'd have to drive over 250 miles to pick up her Β£15 purchase πŸ™„
I had this situation with a big heavy bundle of Slimming World books. Stupid woman paid and then started asking me to post them. I was quite inexperienced at selling then and got all in a tizz thinking of bad feedback and me getting into trouble with eBay. πŸ₯΄

Reactions: 2
People who take a unflattering selfie from below chin level, unsmiling, with double chin, and decide that would make a good profile pic πŸ˜‚ why?? Or the other extreme, filtered so much it looks nothing like them. It's not hard to hold your phone up at a flattering angle with good natural lighting and take a nice pic

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.