Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's hard to sympathise with her. She says the constant fame and criticism has led to a mental health breakdown. If that's true them she needs to take time away from the constant fame and criticism, but no, a day later she's back on Insta. One of the problems with youngsters these days is that they have to be the prettiest, the sexiest, the best body etc etc
Not everyone is going to be the best at everything, and people are not solely defined by their looks. She needs to stop with the surgery and give her mind and body time to heal. God knows she can afford it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It's hard to sympathise with her. She says the constant fame and criticism has led to a mental health breakdown. If that's true them she needs to take time away from the constant fame and criticism, but no, a day later she's back on Insta. One of the problems with youngsters these days is that they have to be the prettiest, the sexiest, the best body etc etc
Not everyone is going to be the best at everything, and people are not solely defined by their looks. She needs to stop with the surgery and give her mind and body time to heal. God knows she can afford it.
she’s nearly 30 years old. She needs to get a grip. If she’s mentally unwell then get off social media and find a job that’s not in the public eye and live a normal life in private.
if she continues to be prolific on social media and carries on a career in the public eye then frankly, more fool her. She can’t have it both ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m in my early thirties and feel I narrowly escaped this insta-perfection era, but saying that, Jesy is only a year younger than I am.

I remember when stunningly beautiful people only showed up in the odd magazine or tv show, not saying fewer existed back then, but they were a rarity to see and you couldn’t look into their equally picturesque personal lives and possessions.

Now that virtually anyone can put themselves out there for the world to see, open up Instagram and your feed is filled with hundreds of especially attractive people. I guess it’s hard to feel remotely pretty in comparison at times.

I think it’s better to not be on it altogether if it’s making you feel so demoralised.

Reactions: 11
I think she's just lost herself a lot of sympathy with that latest photo, judging by the comments on the DM.

Reactions: 10
Im all for supporting mental health issues she had but when she comes back on social media like that with nothing of change then 🤷🏽‍♀️

she lives for the instagram likes it seems.

Reactions: 9
Im all for supporting mental health issues she had but when she comes back on social media like that with nothing of change then 🤷🏽‍♀️

she lives for the instagram likes it seems.
In her doc she talks about Instagram, she posts on there for validation - she wants people to post positive things about her to make her feel good! I think she needs serious help but what can you do? She’s a grown adult who can only right now help herself

In her doc she talks about Instagram, she posts on there for validation - she wants people to post positive things about her to make her feel good! I think she needs serious help but what can you do? She’s a grown adult who can only right now help herself
yes I remember that, but like you said she is adult, nearly 30 years old, she is in a very privileged position where she can get professional help for herself.

i think she posted now because she has a lot of public support and the validation will be a massive high.

social media has truly ruined people’s lives. Such a shame to see adults feeling like this.

Reactions: 11
I would have thought she could at least wait until the new year before posting selfies, so that some time could have passed, posting yesterday just seems to go against her whole reason for needing time out. I honestly think social media is an addiction, I’m one year older than Jesy and remember all my friends and I got phones when we were about 13 and facebook etc. So for the best part of 15-18 years teens and young adults have been validating themselves online :(. People my cousin’s age (currently 15) have had social media access since they were 8 and social media has got so much worse with the insta influencers in the past 5 years. Come on Jesy, take the time off!

Reactions: 8
I would have thought she could at least wait until the new year before posting selfies, so that some time could have passed, posting yesterday just seems to go against her whole reason for needing time out. I honestly think social media is an addiction, I’m one year older than Jesy and remember all my friends and I got phones when we were about 13 and facebook etc. So for the best part of 15-18 years teens and young adults have been validating themselves online :(. People my cousin’s age (currently 15) have had social media access since they were 8 and social media has got so much worse with the insta influencers in the past 5 years. Come on Jesy, take the time off!
I’m 19, and I’m so glad I only got it once I got to secondary school, influencers didn’t really become this big thing until I was like 14 or so (maybe I was just naive and didn’t realise) but I’m so glad I didn’t have to worry about social media until 11, and enjoyed the fun of it until I was 14 or so. It’s all gotten to serious and creates a toxic cycle. I can see how people like Jesy get sucked into it. She needs to take a break, do what Ed shearan did, don’t have you phone for a couple months and no social media for year.

This article might shed a little light.

"I was once injected 50 times" (I'd love to know what pain killers she'd been injected with 50 times without killing her :D. I've treated people in the end stages of cancer, and they haven't had 50 injections of anything). :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

"I once had antibiotics so powerful they made me vomit" (A standard dose of Amoxicillin can cause vomiting and diarrhoea) :poop::poop::poop::poop:

"My ear infection started to bleed": Yes, they do, and it's normal. Not nice, but normal.

I'm sure she's struggled, but for duck's sake, leave out the bullshit.

Reactions: 25
If she really wants to advocate for mental health, taking a social media break would be the best thing she could do - for herself and her fans. Push the idea that you don’t have to constantly be selling yourself to be worthwhile.

I genuinely hope she gets better and is able to reverse some of the damage caused by the fillers, but I think quitting the band was only the first of many steps she needs to take.

"I was once injected 50 times" (I'd love to know what pain killers she'd been injected with 50 times without killing her :D. I've treated people in the end stages of cancer, and they haven't had 50 injections of anything). :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

"I once had antibiotics so powerful they made me vomit" (A standard dose of Amoxicillin can cause vomiting and diarrhoea) :poop::poop::poop::poop:

"My ear infection started to bleed": Yes, they do, and it's normal. Not nice, but normal.

I was thinking this too. Almost every antibiotic I’ve ever taken has made me vomit. I don’t think it’s that uncommon for them to upset your stomach.

I think the point she was making was throughout all that she couldn’t have 1 single day off for any of those illnesses. That’s the issue with the Entertainment Industry it’s not a 9-5, 5 days a week job but then again your paid very well for that lifestyle so there’s pros and cons to it really isn’t there.

I do think in this day and age a singer, actor etc. should be allowed a sick day and it not be a big deal!

Reactions: 6

I'm not debating that she had a hard time, but I would also love to know what she's had injected 50(!!) times. Surely whoever did that would be struck off for malpractice.

Reactions: 9
There is no way she was injected 50 times, she would be dead if that was true.

I'm not debating that she had a hard time, but I would also love to know what she's had injected 50(!!) times. Surely whoever did that would be struck off for malpractice.
Hyperbole. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

I think the point she was making was throughout all that she couldn’t have 1 single day off for any of those illnesses. That’s the issue with the Entertainment Industry it’s not a 9-5, 5 days a week job but then again your paid very well for that lifestyle so there’s pros and cons to it really isn’t there.

I do think in this day and age a singer, actor etc. should be allowed a sick day and it not be a big deal!
I work in the Entertainments industry and for the NHS. I haven't had a day off sick in 12 years, and that sickness was enforced (I was absolutely able to work).

I've sung with a sore throat, been on tour, played in 8 countries on successive days, travelling over 2,500 miles, and that's only recently.

Reactions: 4
I know she suffers with MH and it's completely understandable but I think she's a little bit of a attention seeker.

It's a shame she felt pressured to changed the way she looked, she was naturally pretty, if she also goes solo that's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the other three. Although I don't think she'd make it solo, Jade/Perrie how ever could.

Totally agree. She is addicted to the attention

Reactions: 7
I think her posting is part of her mental health struggles and she can’t come off social media because it’s like her drug. Until she realised she needs help unfortunately there isn’t much anyone can do because she’s old enough.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.