Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
agreed, and I think they have been overworked by syco.. a few years ago jesy posted a video of her in tears as she had just got home from touring and had to re pack the next day to go off again. Album after album, tour after tour. All to make money for Cowell. Made to have social media in order to “ communicate with fans” if they were my daughters I wouldn’t have wanted that for them. They have been used and exploited
I know Jesy was upset about going back to work she wanted to stay home and have another lockdown as she was happier. I think they could all do with a longer break

Reactions: 4
I don’t think they write at all tbh. I think after the split with zayn they were marketed as the girls who sing about break ups/ head boys/feminists. They are heavily lmarketed towards teenage girls. That’s their USP. Now I think since they left sycoethey are trying to appeal to an older audience and be more mature. They are nearing their 30’s so the dumped teenage girl songs aren’t ringing true so they are doing the search to look more talented vocalists if you see what I mean. And they are very talented singers. But they need to find their own genre and stick to it. It’s all a big random with them
They definitely do, Jade and Leigh-Anne mainly. If they were going to fake writing they would just stick all their names on. Jade and Leigh-Anne both went to LA last year for a few months to write.

It's funny you say that because most people's criticism of them is that all their songs sound the same and they never develop.
I have to say, I don't really get your point. The boys who won the search aren't better singers than them and the show was mainly to promo the album until Corona happened and wrecked the plan. Their album is set to debut at 1 or 2 with 50k sales. Their tour is sold out(although I would guess it will be postponed.
I also would add most people who are fans of them have grown up with them, I am 26 for example.

It’s a great album but the first half is MUCH stronger than the second half. ‘Happiness’ is quickly becoming one of my top 5 little mix songs and is literally in my head pretty much 24/7! The sales for both LM and Kylie are insane this week so congrats to them both. I think they’re both close to 50k and the #3 is on 5k!
Funny I much prefer the 2nd half, I'm not a big fan of Holiday and Break up song so I think they let it down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
They definitely do, Jade and Leigh-Anne mainly. If they were going to fake writing they would just stick all their names on. Jade and Leigh-Anne both went to LA last year for a few months to write.

It's funny you say that because most people's criticism of them is that all their songs sound the same and they never develop.
I have to say, I don't really get your point. The boys who won the search aren't better singers than them and the show was mainly to promo the album until Corona happened and wrecked the plan. Their album is set to debut at 1 or 2 with 50k sales. Their tour is sold out(although I would guess it will be postponed.
I also would add most people who are fans of them have grown up with them, I am 26 for example.

Funny I much prefer the 2nd half, I'm not a big fan of Holiday and Break up song so I think they let it down.
I do like them, and I’m (quite a bit older than you) I heard that Leigh Ann and Jade did write but wasn’t sure how true that was. I do think they have been over worked though. And I think 1D was. I think the syco label stuck labels on groups and flogged them to death. I hope jade and Leigh Ann are talented song writers and do do well without cowells exploitative contracts.

Reactions: 8
Perrie, Leigh Anne and Jade worked on 4 together (with other writers). Leigh Anne and Jade 1 without Perrie and Jade on 1 without the others so 6 out of 13. Jesy didn’t write on anything on this album!

• Wow
On the subject of their styling, it’s really jarring how Jesy wears the exact same bodysuit in literally every video and show, whilst the other girls have matching outfits. Very noticeable in the sweet melody video, she doesn’t look part of the group because of it.
Why didn't she do the transitions either?

Perrie, Leigh Anne and Jade worked on 4 together (with other writers). Leigh Anne and Jade 1 without Perrie and Jade on 1 without the others so 6 out of 13. Jesy didn’t write on anything on this album!
Jesy is credited on the song Confetti, but none of the other girls are.

I’m so sure that Jade and Leigh-Ann write a lot (doesn’t Jade have a separate writing/publishing deal?). I think it’s obvious that Jade and Leigh-Ann are more invested in the group than the others. Everything I’ve seen during lockdown, Jesy looks completely uninterested and constantly having ‘WiFi issues’ or turning up late. There was also her stating that she hates ‘Black Magic’ and the other girls looked totally shocked.

Reactions: 6
I’m so sure that Jade and Leigh-Ann write a lot (doesn’t Jade have a separate writing/publishing deal?). I think it’s obvious that Jade and Leigh-Ann are more invested in the group than the others. Everything I’ve seen during lockdown, Jesy looks completely uninterested and constantly having ‘WiFi issues’ or turning up late. There was also her stating that she hates ‘Black Magic’ and the other girls looked totally shocked.
I think Perrie seems really committed too, she engages with the fans a lot too. To me it just seems like Jesy is pulling back.

Reactions: 12
Jesy is the Robbie williams of little mix!

She’s a pretty girl, and looks so much better without all that make up caked on. Hope whatever has happened she’s ok, seen this week all 3 members saying they missed Jesy at the EMA’s clearly all being heavily managed.

If she left I think they could just carry on, tbh. It’s amazing they’ve lasted so long so far the bond between the rest of them is fantastic.

Jesy is the Robbie williams of little mix!

She’s a pretty girl, and looks so much better without all that make up caked on. Hope whatever has happened she’s ok, seen this week all 3 members saying they missed Jesy at the EMA’s clearly all being heavily managed.

If she left I think they could just carry on, tbh. It’s amazing they’ve lasted so long so far the bond between the rest of them is fantastic.
I think that’s what will keep them going is the genuine friendship and bond between them. It’s rare you get that but with these girls you can see it

Reactions: 10
I really like Perrie and Jade, I am not a massive fan of Leigh-Anne as I just find her personality really boring! Jesy is beautiful but it makes me so sad how insecure she is!! I think she wants a break from Little Mix but I think they will just keep going to stay relevant! I enjoyed The Search as we didn’t have any acts who couldn’t sing and that were just put on to embarrass them!

Strange... it’s not in the booklet that she wrote on that song

View attachment 307835

She’s no listed on Spotify either or the songwriting publishing website, just checked!

Thank you for checking the booklet - I thought it was odd for only Jesy to have written on that one song. So she didn't write at all on this album then. And she's not even made one post on Instagram to promote the album, or liked any posts from the other girls or fans. She seems so disinterested this era, I hope she's okay but it's not looking good.

Okay my first thoughts:
- I think a mess has got to be my fav and seeing this one is supposedly written by the girls I am happy they seem to have moved on haha. But I’m not to keen on Jesys bit, I don’t think it goes with the song
- Gloves up, I like the sound but again Jesys but annoys me, I think I just need to get into the song to abit more.
- Confetti is cute abit whiny though feel like I will love it or hate it
- happiness I quite like abit whiny again but I did enjoy it - Jade and Perrie sound amazing
- in my feelings - not sure, I think it will grow on me, Jade sounds amazing and low-key impressed by Leigh Anne
- if you want my love - that start by Jade 😍 it’s okay, slightly annoying probs not going to be one I listen to a lot.
- my love won’t let you down - not gonna lie the start sounds like something they would sing on one of the nativity films 😂 but overall love the sound and they all sound amazing
- Breathe - bit depressing, again it’s good but i will probably forget about it.

Then:
Sweet melody - I low-key like it but it’s kind of whiny, makes me feel better it wasn’t written by them
Holiday - whiny but it’s grown on me and I now quite like it haha
Not a pop song - definitely my favourite single from the album
Break up song - do quite like it, definitely one of my favourite of their ‘breakup songs’, definitely as it’s ‘just another breakup song’ 😂

Anyways overall thoughts:
Do quite like it does seem like the Perrie and Jade show though - not that it is a bad thing.
Leigh Anne sounds really good
Jesy doesn’t really seem to have a lot of solos? And the ones she does just sound out of place, definitely seem like she doesn’t want to be part of the band anymore.
I hope they release a mess as a single if they do another single, it will definitely improve their reputation in the fashion industry anyways 😂

Reactions: 5
Thank you for checking the booklet - I thought it was odd for only Jesy to have written on that one song. So she didn't write at all on this album then. And she's not even made one post on Instagram to promote the album, or liked any posts from the other girls or fans. She seems so disinterested this era, I hope she's okay but it's not looking good.
I know they had a big fall out with the label over Woman Like Me over song credits, Jess Glynn wrote the song for her album with Ed Sheeran and they bought the song from her. Jesy asked for a few lyric changes and got upset that they didn’t get credit for songwriting! (So don’t know if this has happened again)

D928064B-2815-4F92-A830-38F13A59C92B.jpeg

Jess Glynns version which has slightly different lyrics here and there:

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I definitely get a sense of deja vu when I see the rumours about Jesy, they are extremely similar to the rumours going round just before Zayn left 1D.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.