Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she was my friend, for the sake of mental health and nothing to do with giving unsolicited mom advice or being nosey, I would encourage her to get dressed everyday if she can. I’m all for the 4th trimester rest etc but I just feel even without newborns, on a bad day, a shower & fresh clothes is the minimum you can do to feel better ❤‍🩹
All of this! I'd have sacrificed the 20 minutes sleep any day to feel clean and human.

Baby rolling probably a fluke, when they are small and jerky they flip everywhere its more likely a 💩 making her move 🤣

Reactions: 1
I’m so glad I found this thread. I used to like her but now her page has essentially become a breastfeeding diary. Great you are breastfeeding two but Jesus Christ, you have nothing else to do no other responsibilities. She lives with her parents who I would imagine do all the housework. She prob has meals cooked for her etc. She doesn’t have other kids so doesn’t have to worry about school runs etc. She can literally sit in the same spot every day so of course breastfeeding is possible. Totally not relatable.

Also the rolling …. duck off!!! Now are we gonna have a page all about how her babies are superior cause they were fed exclusively colostrum?

She really has no idea about the real world!

And they end up eating chicken nuggets and haribo like everyone elses child🤣
Never a truer word spoken 😂😂😂
And also healthy eating is learned. She’s not exactly a good role model. I can’t imagine the kale muffins lasting very long during the weaning journey

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
only thing that I’m starting to consider to unfollow her is the spon con stuff 🙄 I have to disagree with some of the comments made though on this and I say this as a mam who recently just gave birth to second child and trying breastfeeding for first time and struggling majorly. I think it’s great she’s talking about it, it’s not for everyone but just because it’s working out for it feels like ppl are slating her. I don’t think it’s fair to pick at a new mum like some of the comments have in this, so what if she had help, she won’t have her parents forever and it’s great there clearly supporting of her. I suffered after my first with mental health and We don’t know she’s not struggling behind the screen either with hers..

Reactions: 11
only thing that I’m starting to consider to unfollow her is the spon con stuff 🙄 I have to disagree with some of the comments made though on this and I say this as a mam who recently just gave birth to second child and trying breastfeeding for first time and struggling majorly. I think it’s great she’s talking about it, it’s not for everyone but just because it’s working out for it feels like ppl are slating her. I don’t think it’s fair to pick at a new mum like some of the comments have in this, so what if she had help, she won’t have her parents forever and it’s great there clearly supporting of her. I suffered after my first with mental health and We don’t know she’s not struggling behind the screen either with hers..
Well she's an even bigger fraud if she is struggling and pretending it's all shits and giggles for the gram

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I’m not slating her for breastfeeding. It’s great if you can do it but her page has pretty much become solely focused on that one piece of content. It’s a touchy subject for a lot of mam’s who can’t do it and I myself find Instagram is just full of mothers with boobs out boasting about BF. Her account was never supposed to be about that but now it is and it’s relentless. She doesn’t seem to talk about anything else. I find it difficult to relate to her because everything is always rosey, BF is great etc etc which is hard for other mothers to watch. I’m a new mam myself and even though it’s not my first, I find I struggle at the best of times.

Reactions: 3
I’m not slating her for breastfeeding. It’s great if you can do it but her page has pretty much become solely focused on that one piece of content. It’s a touchy subject for a lot of mam’s who can’t do it and I myself find Instagram is just full of mothers with boobs out boasting about BF. Her account was never supposed to be about that but now it is and it’s relentless. She doesn’t seem to talk about anything else. I find it difficult to relate to her because everything is always rosey, BF is great etc etc which is hard for other mothers to watch. I’m a new mam myself and even though it’s not my first, I find I struggle at the best of times.
I think this poster has hit the nail on the head. I wasn’t slating her either and I did say that maybe her BF journey brings about my own guilt that I couldn’t BF and that reflects on me more than her. I’m delighted her little girls are doing so well.
what were saying is it’s just totally unrelatable.
she flaunts BF, harps on about having naps because someone else can mind the babies, has email for collabs in her bio 🙄
I personally feel her journey should have stayed of Insta to be fair. Her life should be about those two little girls, and I don’t think that going through all this process and then trying to make a living / get freebies off it is right. I’ll get so much hate for that but I’m just being honest. There are many many families out there who go through this and similar journeys.
I do also think that everything is relative. I think that those of us who think she is unrelatable because she has help (me included) feel that way because we have experienced the flip side where we’ve had to get on with it and faced the day at 7 am with other kids to get ready etc. Again not saying she’sgot it easy But just pointing out why some of her content is not relatable.
I actually take offence to saying we’re slating a new mom. I applaud any mother that raises children it is not easy.

Reactions: 5
Ah the babies are dotey but does anyway really want to watch over 3 mins of photos?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ah the babies are dotey but does anyway really want to watch over 3 mins of photos?
It was a bit much. Once I saw how long it was I didn’t bother after the first couple of slides. No one needs or wants to see more than 1 or 2 shared

Am I an odd ball but I hate those photos when people wrappe up the babys so tight in a blanket.

Am I an odd ball but I hate those photos when people wrappe up the babys so tight in a blanket.
You are odd but I'm with you

Most of the pictures were repeats with different filters and edits. Even my family wouldn't watch that video of my own kids 🤣

• Haha
You are odd but I'm with you

Most of the pictures were repeats with different filters and edits. Even my family wouldn't watch that video of my own kids 🤣
Lol in general I hate those pics of babys wrapped so tight but ya was so repetitive but I suppose she was pushing the sisters photography page

Reactions: 2
And theres no need to show the dirty nappies either, we all know what one looks like

Same!! The pictures towards the end of her holding/balancing one of them almost on top of the other gave me shivers to be honest!! I know I'm probably way ott and that's probably how they photograph twins all the time but 😮😮

It was a bit much. Once I saw how long it was I didn’t bother after the first couple of slides. No one needs or wants to see more than 1 or 2 shared
Was it the same photo over and over again? I got bored after 2 seconds

I do like that type of photography but as was said above it was just one photo really for 3 MINUTES!! She’s lucky that her sister does it for her cos I know it’s very expensive and when you get them done you end up wanting ALL the photos they take 😂💰

Reactions: 2
Pure spoilt by Mammy, i feel sorry for the parents, especially the Dad, im sure he was thinking of a nice relaxing life not newborn twins at this stage of his life

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Very very lazy IMO.

I know one poster thought we were harsh but I don't think so. We are all happy there are two healthy babies and babies are always lovely but she'd sicken the arse of anyone between never getting dressed, selling the babies for free goodies, plastering their feeding and poo over her page, the constant glug of a pump and trying to sell it like a normal post partum journey.

Reality is that if a 16 year old child had twins they are the ones that could relate to her with the Mammy and Daddy constantly 24/7 on hand to help and 0 responsibility.

And yeah... her parents might be happy to do it but it's not the norm.

As for new Mams following her she is normalising being a slob which in my experience both as an observer and as post partum myself, it is so damaging for post partum mental health. By no means to I expect her turned out like Rosanna Davidson but brush your hair, put on a top and leggings... its not hard. The babies would 100% benefit from a quick 10 minute walk out in the pram. She's brought them out once. And don't come at me saying it's work.... you feed them straight into bassinet and off you pop. If you don't get used of leaving the house in those first 2 months it doesn't get any easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.