Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thinking back to when I had my first I’m wondering now if she might be suffering with PND. This focusing on sleeping at night & getting back to bed in the mornings, not getting dressed, she seems to have the girls down more than they are in her arms, A stressful delivery that she probably hasn’t taken time to deal with yet, It’s probably all catching up with her now. I’d say off camera she’s probably struggling.

Reactions: 6
Shes probably napping. I reckon she is struggling. Twins are hard, I've had them and I had older kids too so lying around all day wasn't an option for me. The one time she gave them formula she beat herself up over it. She probably hasn't recovered from that.

Reactions: 1
Thinking back to when I had my first I’m wondering now if she might be suffering with PND. This focusing on sleeping at night & getting back to bed in the mornings, not getting dressed, she seems to have the girls down more than they are in her arms, A stressful delivery that she probably hasn’t taken time to deal with yet, It’s probably all catching up with her now. I’d say off camera she’s probably struggling.
I would have said that too but she spent 99% of her time in bed before the twins were born too and hardly ventured out. I’d imagine she is that kind of person.

If she is struggling Id have far more respect if she admitted to it. Admitted that its so much harder than she thought and accepted sound advice. There is no shame in that. 2 babies wanting a piece of you all day and constant crying would break most people.

Reactions: 5
If she is struggling Id have far more respect if she admitted to it. Admitted that its so much harder than she thought and accepted sound advice. There is no shame in that. 2 babies wanting a piece of you all day and constant crying would break most people.
It took me 11 months to admit it. I suffered in silence, put on a happy face for all, if you were friends with me on social media at the time you’d have thought I was living the dream with my little family.
The difference though, I was home alone a lot, it was easy to hide it & because I had no one here I didn’t have a choice but to get out the door as things were needed at the shops. I really hope someone is looking out for her

• Heart
Admitting its bloody hard doesnt have to mean PND though PND is more prevalent in mums of multiples.
Twins is a tough gig, there is no shame in admitting it rather than making out life is sweet with 2 newborns that sleep through the night.

Reactions: 4
Would respect her for acknowledging she's struggling. Hope she isn't.

I do think she's been reading here and that's taking its toll.

Reactions: 3
Would respect her for acknowledging she's struggling. Hope she isn't.

I do think she's been reading here and that's taking its toll.
That could very well be true but I think we should remind ourselves of the purpose of this site. These bloggers are putting their lives out there and a lot of times, taking in a considerable income from IG, Lisa seems to have decided she wants this too as her profile welcomes collabs.
In any other job, you are held to account and expected to have a performance appraisal. Why is IG any different? Why can these people get paid and have huge visibility and not be held accountable? They should.
The reason why I and I think a lot of us on this thread have a problem with Lisa is because her page is not exactly honest and displaying an inaccurate representation of early motherhood. This could be damaging to a lot of other mothers who cannot get their twins to sleep all night or who are struggling to get a single oz into them for a feed.
don’t put yourself out there pretend you are perfect and not expect people to call you out on it. That would happen in real life so it’s no different online

Reactions: 8
That could very well be true but I think we should remind ourselves of the purpose of this site. These bloggers are putting their lives out there and a lot of times, taking in a considerable income from IG, Lisa seems to have decided she wants this too as her profile welcomes collabs.
In any other job, you are held to account and expected to have a performance appraisal. Why is IG any different? Why can these people get paid and have huge visibility and not be held accountable? They should.
The reason why I and I think a lot of us on this thread have a problem with Lisa is because her page is not exactly honest and displaying an inaccurate representation of early motherhood. This could be damaging to a lot of other mothers who cannot get their twins to sleep all night or who are struggling to get a single oz into them for a feed.
don’t put yourself out there pretend you are perfect and not expect people to call you out on it. That would happen in real life so it’s no different online
I'm 100% with you.
And if she is taking time to read here and it's effecting her then everything said here has a purpose.
My main issue with her is not acknowledging real life. Like you said, it's so damaging for other new and vulnerable Mums watching.

Lots of comments here about her appearance which I don't agree with. Fair enough to call someone out for giving bad advice etc but there's a big difference between that and plain bitching about someone you just don't like.

Lots of comments here about her appearance which I don't agree with. Fair enough to call someone out for giving bad advice etc but there's a big difference between that and plain bitching about someone you just don't like.
Not so much about the appearance than the way she presents herself. There is a difference!

Reactions: 4
I agree. In comparison to other bloggers I think Lisa is very well intentioned and quite innocent. Sure she's gotten a bit swept up in her 5 minutes of Fame but I don't think she's in league with much of the insta madness. I was surprised to see a thread on her hear and then really appalled to read the nasty comments on her appearance, how old or overweight she was, and even speculation on whether she was a virgin. Overall I think tattle is more about calling out the bullshit than it is about bullying and trolling, but I think this thread is an exception to that.

• Heart
I agree that I don't think she is anywhere near as bad as the other insta huns but her smugness, ignoring peoples advice when it well intentioned and giving an unrealistic view as a mother of twins is what mostly gets peoples back up.

I couldnt care less what she looks like or what she weighs. I do however think that barely getting out of your nightdress for 7 weeks is not conducive to feeling good about yourself and is not a realistic portrayal of motherhood .

The only time she replies to anyone is if its one of the bigger accounts on IG and thats not fair to people who take the time to send her messages which are very genuine, myself included.

Not so much about the appearance than the way she presents herself. There is a difference!
My problem is solely with comments about her appearance, of which there were a lot. In my opinion she can wear and look any way she wants. Giving advice(if that is her angle) about things she knows nothing about is a different thing.

I skip through her stories a lot but has their ever been any mention of how lucky she is to have all her parents support?

Also she keeps saying how lucky she was in hospital. She’s been there a few days, so it wasn’t exactly a coincidence!!

I think she should write a book ……!
Please don’t encourage her 🙈

My problem is solely with comments about her appearance, of which there were a lot. In my opinion she can wear and look any way she wants. Giving advice(if that is her angle) about things she knows nothing about is a different thing.
Oh I agree with you 100%. I think it is however important she starts to get dressed, I know we are not all the same but being in pjs all day after having a baby I felt like tit! Hated looking in the mirror! And even throwing on a tracksuit helped me that little bit.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.