Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d imagine it’s something in her diet making the baby unsettled. At least bring them for a check up to a paediatrician. Personally wouldn’t bother with a GP, totally inexperienced in my opinion

Reactions: 2
Going insane because she's been sat over two babies since 5? Well that's a lie one was over fed and put back to bed at 5. How do you think everyone else does it Lisa? We're all trapped under our babies at some point weather they're twins or not. It's what you sign up for I'm afraid.

Did this woman actually have the knowledge to know what looking after a baby, let alone twins, requires before she got IVF?

She seems to have more assistance than most couples, but can't manage to get out of a night dress?
Surely she goes to the loo during the day? Even if you can't be arsed washing (🤢) you can bring in a fresh knickers, leggings, bra /crop top, and a T-shirt and throw it on

Reactions: 9
I wonder what her mother must think. I doubt she envisioned Lisa sitting around milking herself/sleeping while her and the father do everything else.

Reactions: 3
Yeah it’s unlikely to be thrush if they are exclusively bottle fed! I know in my case the baby had every sign and symptom that my little boys had! His tongue coating went away once we addressed the allergy.
I wonderhas she considered it’s something in her diet making baby unsettled? Or has she tried fennel tea ? Whatever she is having her babies are getting so I’d imagine she’s looked into these changes Before she is loading them up with colief?
Formula fed babies can get thrush too especially if cold water sterilising is being used. Bottle fed babies could get thrush through her milk as she wasnt she on antibiotics recently?

If the GP told her not to put them on the breast I call bullshit. The GP would have given her something too to clear the thrush if its coming from her. What does she think mums with babies on the breast do?

Either she is lying or her GP is useless.

If she is struggling today then that is tough but would make her more relatable.

I worry though that she is mistaking reflux for hunger and making things worse.

Reactions: 4
She would never do if she lived with my mother.
I can hear my mother now will you ever get fecking dressed out of that lol

• Haha
God the big pissed off head on her 😂 that baby sounds like she is in pain not hungry!! Also why would you put on ‘fresh pjs’ in the middle of the day and not proper clothes?? There’s lots of nice lounge wear out there but not a bloody granny nightie 🙄

Reactions: 7
I was away for midterm visiting my mam and brought the kids. Honestly just having her there was the biggest stress reliever. I could actually breathe. Lisa has this every single day. She doesn’t realise how damn lucky she is

God the big pissed off head on her 😂 that baby sounds like she is in pain not hungry!! Also why would you put on ‘fresh pjs’ in the middle of the day and not proper clothes?? There’s lots of nice lounge wear out there but not a bloody granny nightie 🙄
🤣🤣🤣 I really just don’t get the granny nighties. She’s 33!!! I cannot understand it

Reactions: 2
My Mam would give me a clip behind the ear if I was in PJs as often as her. She was convinced my SIL had PND because she lived in loungewear for 6 weeks after baby. 🙈

If she's so keen on comforts you'd think her sister or one of her friends would have got her a nice set of loungewear as a gift for baby shower or the birth. If they are reading here help the woman out!

I’d say she would feel a bit better if she actually dressed herself..

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My Mam would give me a clip behind the ear if I was in PJs as often as her. She was convinced my SIL had PND because she lived in loungewear for 6 weeks after baby. 🙈

If she's so keen on comforts you'd think her sister or one of her friends would have got her a nice set of loungewear as a gift for baby shower or the birth. If they are reading here help the woman out!
She's waiting for the sweet sweet #collabs to come rolling in for that

There is no beginning and end to her day. This is the type of thing that causes PND.

Even a 15 minute walk every day with the babies in the buggy would do everyobe the world of good.

If the babies are sleeping 7/9 hours at night, when Dad takes them she could have her shower and get dressed at that time.

Lisa, none of this is meant to make you feel bad , take the advice from women who have been there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
My mam made me get into jeans and go for lunch two weeks later at the time I thought she was a witch. Looking back I get it. I needed a slap into the real world 🤣🤣

Mmm is it common for babies to get thrush from a bottle. Is it from bad sterilization or something?? I’ve heard of it with breastfed babies I remember a friend of mine taking natural yoghurt for it 🙈
My son had it when he was about that age. He was bottle fed & we took our sterilising very seriously so I don’t think it’s from that

Reactions: 1
My mam made me get into jeans and go for lunch two weeks later at the time I thought she was a witch. Looking back I get it. I needed a slap into the real world 🤣🤣

Fair play to your Mam!
I'd agree. And so many comfortable options for clothes. I lived in €25 next jeggings (look like jeans) from 10 days after my section. I swear they helped me feel more put together and made my scar feel safe too.
Those and a sweatshirt, perfect Mam attire for day to day business and I didnt feel a mess!

• Heart
I still live in my post pregnancy loungewear & my baby is nearly 3! They’re just so handy for mucking about the house with her as half my day is spent on the floor but it feels so much better to be washed & out of PJs

So she has the babies propped up for 15/20 so they don't spew after their feed. Why would that be??? Oh yes, reflux would cause that!

Did she actually say at any stage that its reflux they have? No, because that woud mean she was wrong and people who know better than her were right.

Reactions: 4
So she has the babies propped up for 15/20 so they don't spew after their feed. Why would that be??? Oh yes, reflux would cause that!

Did she actually say at any stage that its reflux they have? No, because that woud mean she was wrong and people who know better than her were right.
Propped up because heaven forbid she would have to nurse one and be stuck for 20 mins

Propped up because heaven forbid she would have to nurse one and be stuck for 20 mins
The babies were fed already but she had them propped so the milk would settle before she lay them down. Thats what you do for reflux babies

That's the trait I can't tolerate in her.

Won't acknowledge her situation is leagues away from most- she has way more help than the average new Mam.
Won't admit it's reflux.
Won't admit defeat and give them formula when they scream while she pumps.
Won't admit she has no idea what's going on and needs help.

I'd respect her if she had but she's too big headed now.

Babies back in the cushion instead of lazy snuggles makes me sad. She's literally scheduling away their newborn days.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.