Lisa - My_solo_journey_to_mom

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The babies were fed already but she had them propped so the milk would settle before she lay them down. Thats what you do for reflux babies
Yep i know that but why couldn't she have held one of them for 20mins

So she has the babies propped up for 15/20 so they don't spew after their feed. Why would that be??? Oh yes, reflux would cause that!

Did she actually say at any stage that its reflux they have? No, because that woud mean she was wrong and people who know better than her were right.
Over feeding could be the problem. They probably would be better getting smaller amounts more frequently for another while.

Why do they need to be in the pillow? I manage to hold both of my refluxy twins upright after a feed. Why wouldn't you want the extra cuddles?

Another 9-3 sleep. They really need smaller feeds more frequently they must be in discomfort

Reactions: 1
Why do they need to be in the pillow? I manage to hold both of my refluxy twins upright after a feed. Why wouldn't you want the extra cuddles?
She wants robots instead of babies, something she can programme to have minimum touch.
Her saying they are early risers at 3am🤯 they are hardly tearing around the house

Reactions: 2
She wants robots instead of babies, something she can programme to have minimum touch.
Her saying they are early risers at 3am🤯 they are hardly tearing around the house
Early risers 🤣 they’re newborns ffs!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Shes in for a shock when the 4M sleep regression kicks in. Or the night of their 8 week injections. Or when they're 6-8 months and want to play at 3am. She really hasn't got the foggiest.

Reactions: 3
Shes in for a shock when the 4M sleep regression kicks in. Or the night of their 8 week injections. Or when they're 6-8 months and want to play at 3am. She really hasn't got the foggiest.
The scary part is, she’s so set on routine she will probably have set play times. 2-3pm you can play then you have to sleep, for 6 hours cause MOMMY is tired!
I cannot imagine her bringing them for long walks or to a playground

Yep i know that but why couldn't she have held one of them for 20mins
Sorry I get you! Sure she can hardly do that when she has to pump too!!! I wonder does she ever just sit and cuddle for no other reason but getting cuddles in.

The scary part is, she’s so set on routine she will probably have set play times. 2-3pm you can play then you have to sleep, for 6 hours cause MOMMY is tired!
I cannot imagine her bringing them for long walks or to a playground
I'd love to know what she actually thought it was going to be like when she had a baby. It's almost like she's treating them as 1 singleton baby rather than two individuals. You can structure a singleton to a degree, the first few weeks with twins is just a free for all.
It's cruel but I'd pay to see her in a playground 🤣

I wish I was seeing things ! Stop over feeding them or get them checked for reflux. I feel like it’s a new thing I don’t remember her saying they were spewy before😳 those poor babies no affection at all.

That's the trait I can't tolerate in her.

Won't acknowledge her situation is leagues away from most- she has way more help than the average new Mam.
Won't admit it's reflux.
Won't admit defeat and give them formula when they scream while she pumps.
Won't admit she has no idea what's going on and needs help.

I'd respect her if she had but she's too big headed now.

Babies back in the cushion instead of lazy snuggles makes me sad. She's literally scheduling away their newborn days.
Why doesn't she give one or two formula feeds to allow her get ahead with pumping and always have the next breast feed in the fridge. Win win for all.

Reactions: 5
I wish I was seeing things ! Stop over feeding them or get them checked for reflux. I feel like it’s a new thing I don’t remember her saying they were spewy before😳 those poor babies no affection at all.
She was at GP on friday so maybe he advised it

I’ve had reflux babies and the last thing I’d be doing is rushing to get them back lying down!! There’s no worst sound than a baby getting sick and I’d be lying there wide awake waiting and worrying!!

She'll be tortured forever then because she will have many failures over their lives... I'm sure lots of you agree there's a million mini failures we put on ourselves
I feel like that most days and I would imagine that’s normal. If you put yourself up on a pedestal, you are going to be utterly disappointed because you can’t be supermom every minute of every day

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just looking at Pippa O Connors stories and she is out and about with her new baby 11 days old. She had a section and is breastfeeding.

Lisas babies are 7 weeks tomorrow and she is not even out of her nightdress. Jesus.

Reactions: 6
Just looking at Pippa O Connors stories and she is out and about with her new baby 11 days old. She had a section and is breastfeeding.

Lisas babies are 7 weeks tomorrow and she is not even out of her nightdress. Jesus.
She probably rarely left the house pre babies. I'd say she only ever went to work, her sister and Auntie Peg.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.