Lisa McGowan @Lisas_Lust_List #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a quick one. Will she not see your real profile on the facebook comment . We all know she is reading this or has someone else reading it for her
It’s fine sure I’m only being helpful!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Myself and my friends have been following this thread closely. Can I just say first of all great work everyone, this has been so informative. Please keep it up the work holding this scammer to account 👏👏👏

The cheek of her deleting those comments. McElhenneys had sold out, no one was doing them out of business. How can she justify deleting them.
She just showed her true colours, in it her for herself and no one else. Seems very controlling and clearly does have something to hide. She has lost all credibility as far as myself and my friends are concerned. I will be enlightening the mammies and aunties after this.

Reactions: 12
Can I ask whats the story with the charity donation at her events. I've been to 2 (I know!). Actually the first one was good. A year and a half later and it was a selling machiene and i was like never again. But yes we did the charity donations. Is there something behind them?

I did like her, she was different.... older, boutique dresses for weddings etc.. I thought it was great she was supporting boutiques (supported a local one and wasnt getting anything out of it)... this was all at the beginning before it became the hard sell.

I'm really disappointed to see all of this. The involvement with the companies.. i got some of it in the goodie bag. I actually bought spotlight toothbrush recently.. I'm seeing your post and the rest of the family will be getting it off Amazon

I can't believe she's deleting posts from her face book page. Unbelievable

Reactions: 3
Can I ask whats the story with the charity donation at her events. I've been to 2 (I know!). Actually the first one was good. A year and a half later and it was a selling machiene and i was like never again. But yes we did the charity donations. Is there something behind them?

I did like her, she was different.... older, boutique dresses for weddings etc.. I thought it was great she was supporting boutiques (supported a local one and wasnt getting anything out of it)... this was all at the beginning before it became the hard sell.

I'm really disappointed to see all of this. The involvement with the companies.. i got some of it in the goodie bag. I actually bought spotlight toothbrush recently.. I'm seeing your post and the rest of the family will be getting it off Amazon

At each table there is an envelope for charity donations so guests are to donate money. Lisa will then announce that ‘ABC/XYZ’ charity got €5-10k from her events but fails to tell people it was the guests that donated - not Lisa. Scam.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
She is by no means stylish, I would say frumpy at the moment. As for her skincare lives etc, she has no loyalty. I bought all the Vichy recommendations, because I believed she was actually using them, and was recommending them on that basis. Til I watched the live with janette from Vichy, I realised she wasn't. You know if she actually stuck to that premise of only recommendations of what she actually uses herself she would still have a very profitable business, because I like a lot of women my age, 40 and upwards have the money to spend on ourselves. But not for needless tat. It's so insulting to women who follow her. There are a lot of women that have lost their way, sense of style etc. If she actually had any style or morals, she could have a fantastic page.
I have since discovered Sherna Malone for beauty and I love the style Bob.

Reactions: 10
At each table there is an envelope for charity donations so guests are to donate money. Lisa will then announce that ‘ABC/XYZ’ charity got €5-10k from her events but fails to tell people it was the guests that donated - not Lisa. Scam.
Yes. I never liked Lisa (have a friend who is a big supporter) because I found her so disingenuous, she's clearly a very wealthy woman while pretending otherwise, doesn't clearly show hers ADs and links and tell her followers what earns her money. But I used go hear her say I raise big money for charity through her events and I'd go fair enough. The way she's says it I imagined that a percentage of ticket sales or profit goes to charity.
Then I discovered the money raised for charity is actually donated by the women attending. They are told to put money in envelopes after paying for their ticket and having the hard sell all night.

Reactions: 2

Have been to one live show 😱 Never again!!! We made the donation to charity ..... I Know she said 'she' raised so much for charity but did we ever hear or see the presentation to the charity ??

She is by no means stylish, I would say frumpy at the moment. As for her skincare lives etc, she has no loyalty. I bought all the Vichy recommendations, because I believed she was actually using them, and was recommending them on that basis. Til I watched the live with janette from Vichy, I realised she wasn't. You know if she actually stuck to that premise of only recommendations of what she actually uses herself she would still have a very profitable business, because I like a lot of women my age, 40 and upwards have the money to spend on ourselves. But not for needless tat. It's so insulting to women who follow her. There are a lot of women that have lost their way, sense of style etc. If she actually had any style or morals, she could have a fantastic page.
I have since discovered Sherna Malone for beauty and I love the style Bob.
Agree, that's what started me thinking. All this jumping from skin care to skin care. It was obviously she was showing it for the €€€'s and not because she loved it & could recommend it.
Same with the clothes. She's not styling any outfits. You might aswell be looking at an image off a website. Its repeat repeat. Midi dress/white runners/switch to the never ending pile of Lodi shoes to dress it up. Nothing earth shattering there.

Reactions: 4
Agree, that's what started me thinking. All this jumping from skin care to skin care. It was obviously she was showing it for the €€€'s and not because she loved it & could recommend it.
Same with the clothes. She's not styling any outfits. You might aswell be looking at an image off a website. Its repeat repeat. Midi dress/white runners/switch to the never ending pile of Lodi shoes to dress it up. Nothing earth shattering there.
No styling at all
Her hair, makeup , clothing is all so bland

Have been to one live show 😱 Never again!!! We made the donation to charity ..... I Know she said 'she' raised so much for charity but did we ever hear or see the presentation to the charity ??
I'm not sure...I cant recall seeing anything now that you mention it. Plus the amount is not independently verified, its just Lisa saying it.
I think the charity aspect particularly grates on me. Lisa trades a lot of goodwill on it. Well its good PR for her. She insinuates that she raises the money. She is not charitable in any other way. She never mentions other charity events or causes which honestly must be pretty rare these days. Plus another tatler said they private messaged her looking for a donation/call out for a charity gig and she replied with 'I support charity privately". Others had no problem donating (was it MissyCoco?). Very selfish.

To give you an example, in the last week I have seen countless other bloggers mention charity events being done online and supporting other bloggers with cancer. Lisa never, ever does similar. I find that pretty appalling.

I think she does make the cheap tat look good, to be fair. Maybe she should go into modelling. Beauty only needs to be skin deep for that gig. She needs some substance to be a credible influencer. She has been living off her reputation from the early days but thats all out the window now.

I think a valid point has been raised here. We all know she loves to rave about how good she is... how saintly. There is no way she would not take a photo op saying ‘look , here’s me giving a big fat chq to x charity or y charity’
Did she give the money at all? It’s collected in cash? No charity ever tagged her , or thanked her. Unless she can show accountability to show x amount was gathered from attendees each night and passed on to charity.... she either pocketed itself which is theft which is a garda issue (taking € under false pretences ) or pocketing cash which is a revenue issue.
You can’t tell me she wouldn’t sicken us with pics of handing over the money.

Mas on a mission... her stories need to be put on her FB page so that the ones who rushed to buy her dress know they’re being ripped off

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
That horrid dress from Ci Ci most likely came from same Warehouse as the mass cheaply produced ‘Made in Italy ‘ (now I like and west some Made in Italy , I sold it, was my best seller. unfortunately not ethically produced, it then agai where is these day’s) that dress looks badly made, crap fabric , has had the hell steamed out of it to make it look better. Probably cost £8 wholesale ) not even worth the cheaper price quoted . But looking at Ci Ci website they actually have a few nice styles on there. She just choose the more grannie styles People could deal direct with them, just make sure your cookies are cleared so she can’t make any money from your purchase. I bet there are many little boutiques near you selling this sort of stuff , mass produced available to any retailer

Also what I had planned for last night in relation to Tattle never happened, family crisis , hopefully tonight is the night.. legal activity of course 😇

Reactions: 6
That horrid dress from Ci Ci most likely came from same Warehouse as the mass cheaply produced ‘Made in Italy ‘ (now I like and west some Made in Italy , I sold it, was my best seller. unfortunately not ethically produced, it then agai where is these day’s) that dress looks badly made, crap fabric , has had the hell steamed out of it to make it look better. Probably cost £8 wholesale ) not even worth the cheaper price quoted . But looking at Ci Ci website they actually have a few nice styles on there. She just choose the more grannie styles People could deal direct with them, just make sure your cookies are cleared so she can’t make any money from your purchase. I bet there are many little boutiques near you selling this sort of stuff , mass produced available to any retailer

Also what I had planned for last night in relation to Tattle never happened, family crisis , hopefully tonight is the night.. legal activity of course 😇
hmmm.. Intrigued. How will we know or when will we know if you did it? Or will it be obvious ??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.