Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Filouette

Chatty Member
I also got one of her new lip pencils in ON, I've lined and filled my lips without looking a mess.
I thought about getting one but couldn't be bothered to figure out my shade and I wouldn't wear it enough probably. I was tempted to get another lipstick but decided against it, I wouldn't wear it, I have plenty already (the 3 velvet ones that I have are lovely... But I recently got a pat mc grath one that I like even better ... And then also don't wear on the regular)

• Heart
Reactions: 2

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
Are there any hints she is going to bring out blusher soon? My current one is on its way out so I'll be looking soon.

MiffyBay

Does anyone have issues with the skin tint piling? I seem to always have issues, no matter what combination of moisturiser, primer and foundation/tinted moisturiser I use.

Currently using NARS tinted moisturiser and coming to the last of it, but I've only just found out they sell in China so I am definitely not buying again. Thanks!
I’ve been using it daily on combination skin with extreme dry patches. I wash my face, apply serums (if I remember), a good moisturiser, SPF and then the Skin Tint. It’s never pilled or gone blotchy. It’s VERY fine - watery almost, and rubs in with the fingers for a light sheer almost glowy coverage. It is buildable - so I always put a bit more where I have rosacea and fine thread veins. It doesn’t cover everything but it makes my skin look very even. It lasts - I work with musicians and after a 14 hour day, I still have product coming off on my washcloth at night.

The last couple of days, I’ve had peeling dry skin patches around my nose and it did sit in those but a little moisturiser and it was all good.

I wear T6 and was colour matched via the IG account and it was perfect. I was going to go for T4 but she said that T6 would suit my undertones better and she was right!

• Heart

JaneRev

VIP Member
Oh I’ve had my eye on one of her eyeshadow palettes. I love the look of Vega but not sure I’d use all the colours. That’s the prob with palettes for me, I use one or two colours!
---
Just discovered that spritzing my face with her mist before applying the new skin tint is key to making it look ultra smooth and glowy
I've got Vega, I'm thinking in the future add an empty pallete so customers can mix and match.

Is her face mist worth purchasing? I'm very tempted, I have a few of the same brand to work through first but thought I'd give it a go when I picked up a new cleanser

JaneRev

VIP Member
You’re all tempting me to buy the Skin Tint. I’ve not bought her foundation yet because I’ve several still to work through but I’ve not got a tinted moisturiser at all and I like that it has skincare benefits.
No idea which colour I’d need, possibly T1, T2 or T3 but then I‘ve watched others on YouTube who I *think* are a similar shade to me and they’ve all gone for higher numbers.
Is anyone on here a paler shade?
Also does it have more coverage than Trinny’s BFF because I never felt that did anything for me.
I think that Lisa is going to bring out a sample card for the skin tint. I am usually very pale foundation wise think caspers ghost with red cheeks and I went for T6. Perfect match

I find it covers a lot better than Trinnys BFF I was really disappointed with that, as for me there was zero coverage and did naff all.

The only reason I haven't bought Lisa's foundation is I'm fed up buying foundation that is either too orange, doesn't cover or isn't quite pale enough. It's only recently I've realised with people like Lisa I'm not going to be the palest. At the moment Lisa is out of stock of the shades I think will work for me. Plus my husband is taking me to London for a couple of nights. So it makes sense to be colour matched I'm also going to be cheeky and ask for a small sample so I can try it out. My Liberty beauty drop credit is burning a hole in my pocket 😂

ButterTart

VIP Member
I have very oily lids and the NARS primer doesn't work on me, only the MAC Pro Longwear eyelid primer does.

I have Madrigal as a single -- in my experience the colour swatches on the website are way off reality for most of the products. Madrigal is described as a blackened gold-green shadow, but I was very surprised to find it's actually a true peacock and the most visible colour in it is the blue/green element. So I was disappointed and I've never used it after the initial test.
Interesting. I typically wear it without primer (but I’ll use the Pat McGrath artistry wand on the mobile lid) and the colours in that palette look exactly as swatched when I wear them. Madrigal is definitely not peacock green on me. I am fair with neutral undertones, no oily lid issue.

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
I’ve been using Merit concealer, cream blush and serum and very impressed. Now I’m into my 40s I seem to be going for fewer products and no thick base which is why the skin tint has been so lovely.

elliebee27

VIP Member
Epanoui on me - I'm pale - is basically no color but it feels very nice! I haven't tried the mascara yet.

elliebee27

VIP Member
Me too! I love brown mascara, even though my lashes are dark I find brown mascara is just more natural looking/more flattering?

I wish the balm I got had more color. Do the others have more color?

I'll be in the UK in about 1.5 weeks so figure I can do some in-store shopping at Liberty or whatever 🤣

Missmopps

VIP Member
I’d like a dark blackish navy in the seamless glide pencil.
I’d also like a brow pencil/powder from Lisa. I’m using a positively ancient Bobbi brown mahogany shadow at the moment (it must be almost 20 years old!!) with a Stila brow brush which is still the best!

An under eye concealer would be brilliant too.

ButterTart

VIP Member
Well today I decided to use one of my other tinted serums (more budget friendly) which I‘ve not used in a while so that I could compare it to the Skin Tint. 😖 It’s obvious I’m wearing make up, it’s settled into my fine lines and I can feel it too so I think I’m going to get rid and I will have to suck up the expense of buying Skin Tint going forward. I’m glad I’m staying home today!

@JaneRev which Laura Mercier concealer please?

I’ve tried so many concealers over the years trying to find “the one” that will cover my permanent dark circles. I’m currently using Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish corrector followed by Lancome Teint Idole Concealer and this combination seems to work better than others.

Also, not LE but has anyone tried Givenchy Prism Libre please? Thoughts? I’ve heard it’s good for setting the under eye. Another option is Pat McGrath under eye powder. I’m currently using Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Ethereal Light.
I've used the Laura Mercier concealer (it's the Secret Camouflage compact, I believe) and much prefer (sorry - it's $$$) the Cle de Peau stick concealer. It is super easy to apply, gives great coverage and blends out well. The stick also lasts me a really long time so that's how I justify it. Lisa does a lot of spot concealing and you can use it for that as well with a small brush.

Valentina

What is Je ne sais Quoi like? Hard to tell from online? Is it like a peach? Avid Lisa fan here, have several lipsticks, the foundation, tint and three eyeshadow palettes. Love her manner and how accessible she makes make up for all.
I have this, it is a peach colour, it's not subtle, I think it's a good colour for summer and is very cheerful. I have a pale complexion (tint shade 4) so it is fairly bright on me.

Filouette

Chatty Member
I am blown away by the Kitten Flick eyeliner - it tops anything I’ve ever used - and that includes the MAC brush black (I found it too dry and thick), Shisheido, Beauty Pie, Nars, Pat McGrath, Urban Decay, Charlotte Tilbury. I have been on a quest. And this is it. Incredibly fine line that gives a lot of control, deep rich saturated colour pay off, and it has lasted all day. What I found quite special about this eyeliner is how thin the formulation was and yet how saturated the pigment is. I’m not sure I’m explaining that right, but when I first put it on, I smudged it a bit because I was expecting to have to work to lay down a deep black. But you just touch your skin with this liner and it’s right there first time. And it’s super super fine. Love it.
oh that sounds fantastic! I have tried a lot of eyeliners and so far the only one that I found ok was the MAC brushblack. I love Lisa's lipsticks, so I am keen to try her eyeliner, but I have been disappointed by so many eyeliners in the past that I have been waiting to hear personal experiences before ordering one. It's out of stock on Space NK and on her page it's 15£ shipping for a 25£ product, so I'll use up my MAC eyeliners before ordering, I think I still have a spare one. It's great that Lisa is not creating FOMO with her products and marketing. The products will still be available a few months from now when it will make more sense for me to order a new eyeliner.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Does anyone have any wish list items they want Lisa to create?
I’d love a blusher but also a concealer (since I stopped wearing base make up).

JaneRev

VIP Member
Well today I decided to use one of my other tinted serums (more budget friendly) which I‘ve not used in a while so that I could compare it to the Skin Tint. 😖 It’s obvious I’m wearing make up, it’s settled into my fine lines and I can feel it too so I think I’m going to get rid and I will have to suck up the expense of buying Skin Tint going forward. I’m glad I’m staying home today!

@JaneRev which Laura Mercier concealer please?

I’ve tried so many concealers over the years trying to find “the one” that will cover my permanent dark circles. I’m currently using Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish corrector followed by Lancome Teint Idole Concealer and this combination seems to work better than others.

Also, not LE but has anyone tried Givenchy Prism Libre please? Thoughts? I’ve heard it’s good for setting the under eye. Another option is Pat McGrath under eye powder. I’m currently using Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Ethereal Light.
@50sGirl it's this one, I got it from CB and chose the lightest one. For my dark circles I use a peach or orange concealer in a thin layer first which neutralises the purple/blue then follow with concealer. I'm using the NYX pallet or LA girl orange as I'm finding I don't use the other colours as much in the NYX ... Hope that helps 😘

Attachments