Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

francesthemute

@ButterTart thanks for posting that, now I want to buy one after saying I wasn't going to! I used to love the Clarins lip oils, but started to find them just a bit sticky - these look like such a good day/holiday alternative. Going to do a clear out on my lipsticks and balms and see if I can justify it...

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Filouette

Chatty Member
Iā€™m so very excited - my Skin Tint is on the way, along with the Kitten Flick eyeliner and a lipstick. I dmed her account on IG, and they got back to me really quickly, suggested a shade, and answered many questions, all with grace and patience. Absolutely love her videos, love her style and her kind of intentional curated process.
I never knew she was a tetrachromat (she has a condition where she sees millions more shades of colour than the ā€œnormalā€ eye) but it explains the nuance and depth of her spectrum of colour.
Have you ever tried the MAC brushblack eyeliner? If yes, could you please report back how Lisa's eyeliner compares to it?

50sGirl

VIP Member
Epanoui on me - I'm pale - is basically no color but it feels very nice! I haven't tried the mascara yet.
Same here. Itā€™s exactly the same colour as my lips. I like it though because it makes my lips feel nourished and itā€™s perfect for those ā€œno make upā€ days when paired with the Skin Tint. I think this will likely be my handbag lipstick because I can wear it with anything.
It reminds me a little of the Revlon Lip Butters which I loved.

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Anyone bought a single eyeshadow? How do you store it?

I put mine in one of my old Chanel illiuson d'ombre pots but the lid doesn't fully screw shut because the eyeshadow pan is slightly too big to lie flat -- I don't know if air exposure will affect the texture over time.

I don't know if it's a myth but I'd heard the eyeshadow palette case was going to be available to buy empty at some point, in a "watch this space" way.
I store my single eyeshadow pans in a z palette

50sGirl

VIP Member
I wonder if Lisa is aware of this situation? Did they say it was only temporary due to stock issues, or is this the permanent state of affairs? Itā€™s hardly going to give a good impression of Lisaā€™s brand šŸ™
They said they were only a small store and that another store (1 hour 10 mins away) had the full range.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Well today I decided to use one of my other tinted serums (more budget friendly) which Iā€˜ve not used in a while so that I could compare it to the Skin Tint. šŸ˜– Itā€™s obvious Iā€™m wearing make up, itā€™s settled into my fine lines and I can feel it too so I think Iā€™m going to get rid and I will have to suck up the expense of buying Skin Tint going forward. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m staying home today!

@JaneRev which Laura Mercier concealer please?

Iā€™ve tried so many concealers over the years trying to find ā€œthe oneā€ that will cover my permanent dark circles. Iā€™m currently using Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish corrector followed by Lancome Teint Idole Concealer and this combination seems to work better than others.

Also, not LE but has anyone tried Givenchy Prism Libre please? Thoughts? Iā€™ve heard itā€™s good for setting the under eye. Another option is Pat McGrath under eye powder. Iā€™m currently using Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Ethereal Light.

PepsiJohn

I shake the bottle very well, put two drops on the back of my hand and with my fingers apply dots all over my face, concentrating on areas of redness or which need to be covered. I then just rub into my skin like a serum or face cream. Itā€™s very liquid but has a bit of grip, and you can see it smoothing out the tones of your skin. I watched a video by Lisa the other day where she gave a hack for polished ā€œmakeup artist finished skinā€ - once the product has set on the skin, use a dry make up brush to very gently buff it into the skin. This literally takes seconds (and feels lovely), and really does smooth everything out and give a lovely finish!
Thank you for this x

elliebee27

VIP Member
Anyone who wears contacts, how's the mascara?

I like Clinique's tubing mascara a lot so it's the only one I really use; I like my lashes to look natural but a bit more oomph to them, not thick per se. It does get bits in my eyes at times, though, but it doesn't irritate them. Most mascaras do.

I can just wait a few days for my shipment to get here of course šŸ¤£

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
Really want to do an order with the new lip balms and the mascara but I also want to try the skin tint in T7 as the 6 is just a bit too pale now my skin is picking up some colour but of course itā€™s the one shade out of stock šŸ˜¢

Ccc8

Is her cleanser good? I havenā€™t ventured into any of her skincare stuff, just the make up.
I love the cleanser. I'm terrible for using too much product but I quickly realised you need so little and it's a single cleanse. As @JaneRev said it is expensive but worth it for me, I have already repurchased. The only thing I can't get on with is the mist. It's not that it's bad it's just a lot of money and there are other mists I like.

• Heart

JaneRev

VIP Member
Can anyone recall several months ago Lisa doing a video on how to find the correct shade of foundation?
I remember her swatching several on her cheek to show how to pick the best shade.
Iā€™ve tried searching on YouTube but I can only find one from 11 years ago and thatā€™s not it!
I'll have a look through you tube tomorrow and see if I can find it. It's ringing a bell with me

Tabitha

VIP Member
My local Space NK said they are fighting to get the range into their store, so hopefully it will expand.

Missmopps

VIP Member
I love the cleanser too. The cloths are really good quality, wash really well and stay white as well unlike the Emma hardie ones that go grey quite quickly

• Heart

elliebee27

VIP Member
I'm making notes with her lipsticks as my husband is taking me to London a week on Tuesday and I can't wait to try lots in person šŸ’œ
I got the Velveteen liquid lipstick in Muse at Liberty in November, I love it so much!

Tell us all about what you get! I'm definitely gonna go shopping when we're in London this summer.

Missmopps

VIP Member
Really want to do an order with the new lip balms and the mascara but I also want to try the skin tint in T7 as the 6 is just a bit too pale now my skin is picking up some colour but of course itā€™s the one shade out of stock šŸ˜¢
Lisa said in a reel yesterday a new golden colour of t6 is coming out soon. Was it 6.5?

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
Iā€™ve got Blush and Muse coming from the Velveteen Liquid range and her Kitten Lash Mascara! Very excited because I get on so so well with the Skin Tint - and I was colour matched to those two lipsticks on IG when I sent them a selfie for my Skintint
Oh god I didnā€™t know they would do colour match for lipsticks, thatā€™s bad news for my bank! They were great with the tint, foundation and highlighter for me.
Let us know how you get on with the mascara. Iā€™m still on the hunt for a good one

nolite

Chatty Member
I have this, it is a peach colour, it's not subtle, I think it's a good colour for summer and is very cheerful. I have a pale complexion (tint shade 4) so it is fairly bright on me.
Oh thank you! I am very pale so might be weird on me!

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
This is the worse thread to be interested in when I'm brassic!! But I'm definitely getting the tint when my current product is gone

JaneRev

VIP Member
Is her cleanser good? I havenā€™t ventured into any of her skincare stuff, just the make up.
I really like the cleanser as it's a one and done. It shifts really heavy makeup, not cheap though but I really like using it

• Heart