Lisa Eldridge 💄

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just ordered the skin tint - so excited to try! I didn't get on too well with her foundation, the shade match was the best I've ever had but found it clung to dry patches even if I did a lot of skin prep beforehand, and my skin isn't even that dry tbh. Skin tint sounds like it will be a better product for me so I'm v excited to try it!

I had one of her eyeshadow palettes but sold it as wasn't that impressed with it for the price. I also have 2 lipsticks which I like but don't think I would repurchase, though tbf I do prefer a liquid lipstick so might try one of her liquid ones.

I love how invested in her brand she clearly is, she seems very passionate about it rather than just slapping her name on something like many influencers these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'll have a look through you tube tomorrow and see if I can find it. It's ringing a bell with me
Thanks. It was probably last year. I can recall her swatching about 4 shades from her cheek down to her jaw line to show you how to pick the best match.
I’ve swatched 8 shades from her sample cards and I *think* it’s between 2 shades - 2 and 5 which seem pretty far apart.
I may go into Space NK next week as I think I’d like to try the skin tint before the foundation. I feel I will be T2.
Is anyone else finding that as they get older that less is more?
If I wear a full face I feel I look older than if I keep it light. I can’t be bare faced if I go out so I think Skin Tint may help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Thanks. It was probably last year. I can recall her swatching about 4 shades from her cheek down to her jaw line to show you how to pick the best match.
I’ve swatched 8 shades from her sample cards and I *think* it’s between 2 shades - 2 and 5 which seem pretty far apart.
I may go into Space NK next week as I think I’d like to try the skin tint before the foundation. I feel I will be T2.
If I wear a full face I feel I look older than if I keep it light. I can’t be bare faced if I go out so I think Skin Tint may help.
Definitely agree with the less is more.
I bought Lisa’s foundation when it came out, and I’ve mainly been using it more like a concealer to even out any redness etc. The shade match is the best I’ve ever had.
Now I’ve got the skin tint as well, so I can use that if I want to cover my whole face, as it’s lovely and light. It’s good to have options!

Reactions: 2
I got my tint and 2 lipsticks in the mail! We'll see how they look. I'm too lazy to play around with them.

Less is 100% more. I never was into heavy makeup looks, and with hooded eyes I just avoid much of any eye stuff since you can't even see it anyway.

I was really impressed I got an email from the company asking about their new shipping procedure, direct from the UK to the US versus using a supplier here to send to US customers.

Everyone I know who’s emailed a selfie in to customer support has got a great match.

And yes, I definitely wear less now I’m older, in my case my skin’s got drier so is much more textured. I’d rather have a bit of redness than have bits falling off my face (which, with foundation, seems to happen no matter what skin prep I do, it just happens later), so far the skin tint doesn’t do this 🤞🏻

Reactions: 3
Yes, my signature look used to be a chocolatey neutral smokey eye, even for daytime. Then very little else and a nude lip gloss. Since my late 40s I've found that ageing unless it's a night out. Now I've moved over to neutral eye shadow thats barely visible, tiny amount of black or brown eyeliner, mascara, subtle blush and a reddish lip - depending on time of year. I have a scarlet or berry opaque shade in autumn/winter and a scarlet, orangey red or pinky red more sheer shade in spring and summer.

I think that's why I've stopped watching loads of MUAs on YouTube and just watch Lisa, Wayne Goss and Caroline Barnes. There's very few that don't go all out glam, which just looks like drag on me now 😭

Reactions: 6
Another vote for less is definitely more as you age, makes me feel quite sad that I have a drawer full of expensive eyeshadow palettes that I will not touch now (unless I want to look like Danny La Rue-see told you I was old!).

I’m absolutely loving the skin tint, I’ve also emailed them for help on foundation but not sure it’s going to be as good anyway so I’ll just stick with this for now.

I bought the glow stuff but it’s not as good as the Charlotte Tilbury stuff (for me) and it’s really quite small.

Oh and I forgot that as I've got older and less oily/more dry I've moved away from full foundation. It just looks cakey or patchy. Skin tints work brilliantly and other than rosacea where I use a green tinted corrector like eborian or Dr jart, it's all i need. All my blushes, bronzer etc are creams now.

I have but mainly just because I have a few to use up. Don’t think you really need it

Reactions: 1
I didn't use a primer. I just used my Clinique moisture surge. I'm wearing the tint now. It's fabulous! It covers my redness but feels and looks so natural. I LOVE it. No pilling, no settling, just looks fab. I'm an oily girl with some dry patches, so I exfoliate a few times a week to control it.

I also am wearing the Luxuriously Lucent lipstick in Rose Official, and oh my, it's so pretty and feels so lovely. Worth the splurge. You can tell, I think, effort and care was put into creating these products which I appreciate. Even my kid said he thought the lipstick was pretty. 🤣

• Heart
I didn't use a primer. I just used my Clinique moisture surge. I'm wearing the tint now. It's fabulous! It covers my redness but feels and looks so natural. I LOVE it. No pilling, no settling, just looks fab. I'm an oily girl with some dry patches, so I exfoliate a few times a week to control it.

I also am wearing the Luxuriously Lucent lipstick in Rose Official, and oh my, it's so pretty and feels so lovely. Worth the splurge. You can tell, I think, effort and care was put into creating these products which I appreciate. Even my kid said he thought the lipstick was pretty. 🤣
I'm making notes with her lipsticks as my husband is taking me to London a week on Tuesday and I can't wait to try lots in person 💜

I'm making notes with her lipsticks as my husband is taking me to London a week on Tuesday and I can't wait to try lots in person 💜
I got the Velveteen liquid lipstick in Muse at Liberty in November, I love it so much!

Tell us all about what you get! I'm definitely gonna go shopping when we're in London this summer.

My most used LE lipstick is Kitten Mischief followed by Rose Official.
Kitten Mischief is a much more flattering nude on me than Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk.
I bought it for my friend’s birthday last year. She loved it so much she bought another so she has one in her handbag and one at home. That was high praise indeed because she is usually a Rimmel girl and would never spend much on make up.

Reactions: 5
Kitten Mischief is a much more flattering nude on me than Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk.
I bought it for my friend’s birthday last year. She loved it so much she bought another so she has one in her handbag and one at home. That was high praise indeed because she is usually a Rimmel girl and would never spend much on make up.
I love Kitten Mischeif it's my fave. So easy to wear and I love the name as I love cats and my cat can be a bit naughty.

Reactions: 5
I did (eventually 🤦🏻‍♀️) look for the foundation video and couldn't see it x

I hated the texture of pillow talk and it had sod all staying power glad I picked a small one up. That then got sent to my mum 😂

Really looking forward to trying her lipstick shades out. My husband came up trumps for my birthday he ordered me Lisa's book and some shu umera eye lash curlers

Looks like I'm safe from big bird as she's doing something with rituals this week 😂
---
I got the Velveteen liquid lipstick in Muse at Liberty in November, I love it so much!

Tell us all about what you get! I'm definitely gonna go shopping when we're in London this summer.
I'll definitely report back

Has anyone tried Go lightly? Or seen it in real life?

Re Pillow Talk - the universal flattering shade looked awful on me.