Lisa Eldridge 💄

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My go to for the last two years has been JSS that to me has no scent. Is Lisa's something you'd re buy?
To be honest, I'm not sure. I love Beauty Pie make up setting spray, but largely because it smells gorgeous. Maybe I don't use the LE one enough to see dramatic benefit but I do like it before and after my make up. Interested to see what the rest of her skincare range looks like, if there is one. I love how she uses her own experience with products to make what she likes and what she knows works. You can feel the whole range is a real labour of love.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That's great to hear, thanks for letting me know.

It reinforces that she wants happy customers that return rather than pressure sales. It's a breath of fresh air
---

I will definitely be saying that VERY loudly if approached! I hope she doesn't say "ooooh I met a lovely girl in a wheelchair in Liberty" She is that much of a twit

You might all find out who I am if that happens as I won't keep my big trap shut

Back to Lisa 😂 My mum is coming to see me for the day on a coach trip and I'm debating getting her Lisa's cinnibar pallete as I think she'll love it. I gave her the Liberty bag GWP and it's the best make up bag she's ever had
Could you run over her toes and say “oops sorry, your necklace dazzled me! Are those real jewels?” 😆

I’ve 2 of Lisa’s velvet make up bags GWP but not the Liberty one.

• Haha
To be honest, I'm not sure. I love Beauty Pie make up setting spray, but largely because it smells gorgeous. Maybe I don't use the LE one enough to see dramatic benefit but I do like it before and after my make up. Interested to see what the rest of her skincare range looks like, if there is one. I love how she uses her own experience with products to make what she likes and what she knows works. You can feel the whole range is a real labour of love.
I haven't tried anything from Beauty Pie, I know that the membership has changed numerous times, plus I'm a sod for paying with PayPal as I don't have a credit card.

I do really like her cleanser, unfortunately it doesn't have a smell which I do like at times. I have yet to try it with a night out goth'd up, that will be the real test. I think eventually Lisa will release more skincare

As you've said she is really passionate about what she produces, when she says it's taken X amount of years, I genuinely think it has. Equally so she'll say you can do this look with your existing make up.

Yes she has money, but she doesn't make a massive fuss. I know I keep banging on but with the corrector advice it has made a huge difference to me. I'm enjoying going through all her videos. She's a shining example of how to run a business properly
---
Could you run over her toes and say “oops sorry, your necklace dazzled me! Are those real jewels?” 😆

I’ve 2 of Lisa’s velvet make up bags GWP but not the Liberty one.
Let me know if you have any more ideas 😂
Ooops spasm is another one I've used before (I'm a nightmare incase you haven't gathered)

I got the most recent denim one, which is the perfect size to go away with. I have another Liberty one from a while ago that I was keeping for myself but my mum is coming down after Easter so I'll give her my spare one to keep so when her one dies (probably in 1000 years) she has another

I'm looking forward to being able to physically see her makeup in store as I'd love another lippie.

Last edited:
Where in London can you by LE? I popped into Selfridges a few days ago and couldnt see her counter.
It’s in the second half of the Beauty Hall. Go through the first one and it’s just past the Morphe counter.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Finally a LE rave thread!! I've enjoyed the derails on threads for CH and SH.

As a defector from the latter pair I've built a collection of Lisa Eldridge products over the last year or so. I agree with so many of the comments here about the authenticity of her brand and products, I don't feel lied to or misled, I don't feel ripped off despite everything being more expensive that things I would have bought when recommended by the likes of Sali etc.

The cleanser is so nice that when I left it in a hotel (idiot) I re-purchased. The lipsticks I wear again and again. I'm so bad at using pen eyeliners but LE's is amazing, I can actually keep a steady line with it as it's so fine but smooth.

I did buy the face mist too and though it's pretty nice, personally it's the only thing I'm not sure I'd repurchase, but it is nice under foundation.

Reactions: 10
Lisa has said in numerous videos if you are a pale shade in other brands doesn't mean you will be in hers.

Well I decided to try one of my LE foundation samples today so that I can work out which shade I’ll be in the Skin Tint.
I tried shade 1 and let’s just say I’m glad I’m not leaving the house today because I resemble Casper the friendly ghost! 👻
It’s a great match to my neck though but too pale for my face.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Well I decided to try one of my LE foundation samples today so that I can work out which shade I’ll be in the Skin Tint.
I tried shade 1 and let’s just say I’m glad I’m not leaving the house today because I resemble Casper the friendly ghost! 👻
I’m usually the palest foundation shade and I’m a 6 or 7 in Lisa Eldridge foundation

• Wow
The only thing that irked me about her was when she bought the Audrey Hepburn lipstick case and found out it had Audrey’s lipstick in and the shade. She ummed and aaaahed about sharing the information but decided against it and then a few months later came out with her own shade (Go Lightley).
As an AH fan I was really disappointed she didn’t share because so many of us would have loved to have known Audrey’s lipstick of choice and AH wouldn’t have gatekept the information according to friends and what I’ve read about her. Plus not all AH fans can spend £56,250 plus to find out. I 100% know that my view is coming from jealously and sounds really petty haha but it irked me so much.

Apart from that I really love Lisa!

The only thing that irked me about her was when she bought the Audrey Hepburn lipstick case and found out it had Audrey’s lipstick in and the shade. She ummed and aaaahed about sharing the information but decided against it and then a few months later came out with her own shade (Go Lightley).
As an AH fan I was really disappointed she didn’t share because so many of us would have loved to have known Audrey’s lipstick of choice and AH wouldn’t have gatekept the information according to friends and what I’ve read about her. Plus not all AH fans can spend £56,250 plus to find out. I 100% know that my view is coming from jealously and sounds really petty haha but it irked me so much.

Apart from that I really love Lisa!
I reckon if you asked her now she’d tell you

Reactions: 1
What do you think to the formula of the foundation? I'm glad I didn't do a knee jerk and order what colour I thought in the foundation. Being patient and waiting isn't one of my strongest points 🤦🏻‍♀️

I've just popped the skin tint on to actually leave the house, I used two pumps and it's covered my massive face 🤣 I'll see how it looks when we are back home in a few hours. It has toned down my redness and hasn't settled under my eyes.

I wasn't going to bother as I'm off to the Dentist but as I had some spare time I've tried her new lip pencils in ON. Well blow me down with a feather it is completely idiot proof 🤣 Lovely creamy formula and for the first time ever I wasn't reaching for the makeup remover.

Reactions: 4
What do you think to the formula of the foundation? I'm glad I didn't do a knee jerk and order what colour I thought in the foundation. Being patient and waiting isn't one of my strongest points 🤦🏻‍♀️

I've just popped the skin tint on to actually leave the house, I used two pumps and it's covered my massive face 🤣 I'll see how it looks when we are back home in a few hours. It has toned down my redness and hasn't settled under my eyes.

I wasn't going to bother as I'm off to the Dentist but as I had some spare time I've tried her new lip pencils in ON. Well blow me down with a feather it is completely idiot proof 🤣 Lovely creamy formula and for the first time ever I wasn't reaching for the makeup remover.
Tbh for me the jury is still out on her foundation.
I did settle into my lines. However I didn’t use a powder (I usually do) because I didn’t feel it was needed so perhaps that would help. I also think I might have used too much because I wanted to use up the sample which wouldn't have helped. It’s also hard to tell when it was the wrong shade so I felt in emphasised my pores.
I didn’t try sample shade 2 today because I was going out and wasn’t sure if it would be too pail again.
I’m at home tomorrow so may try it then.

I like the foundation, but prefer my trusty Dior Face & Body, which I think matches me slightly better. I’m a weird mix of 16 and 17 in Lisa’s.

I’ve ordered the tint in shades T8 and T9 and will report back! My post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is clearing up and I think it’s time to try something with less coverage - especially as we move into spring and then summer.

I love the lip pencils (the old range) and glosses. Not a massive fan of the matte lipsticks as I find them too pigmented

I started watching LE you tube vids a year ago. In every one that I've watched I've felt comfortable enough to give the look a go.

I've picked up an eye palette, which is fantastic. I love her lip glosses as they aren't sticky but easy to apply. I've not used the mascara or liner yet. The skin tint arrived yesterday and it covers my redness up and is spot on with the shade choice that her team suggested.

I also have her cleanser, which I know is expensive but not that more than elemis is and that's been my go to for 10 years. The amount Lisa says to use is spot on to

Her customer service is second to none. I have PCOS which comes with excess hair and I felt comfortable enough to message and ask what I could use, and the care in their response alongside with advice of a peach/orange concealer with three recommendations varying in price. I didn't feel rushed and can report back it has worked.

As you mentioned @50sGirl I don't skip her adds either.
We’re the concealer recommendations for other brands?
Lisa doesn’t have a concealer does she?

I’ve had dark under eye circles since I was 15 so I’m still trying to find “the” concealer - I’ve tried so many.
Currently using Charlotte Tilbury corrector followed by Lancome concealer on top which seems to be the best combination for me at the moment.

Things I like in her collection: the lipsticks and glosses (though I'm not much of a gloss wearer); the shadow palettes (have Vega and Sorcery), the foundation and skin tint. I am 10 in the foundation and the T6 matched me perfectly. It's lovely coverage and this is coming from someone who prefers full coverage. It has a very pretty finish. Enjoy the mist and the highlighter. I have one colour in the liquid shadow and it's fine.

On the fence about the mascara and liner; they are ok but probably would not repurchase given the prices. The blush (which I think has now been discontinued) was awful - could NOT get anything to come out of the tube. I am on the fence about the liquid lipsticks. I find the doe foot picks up slightly too much product and it's messy to apply. Will try again using a lip brush to get product off the wand and see if that makes a difference. Hate the cleanser as it leaves a greasy film on my skin no matter how little I use (but love the new Victoria Beckham cleansing duo).

I do look forward to her releases. She does great product videos and in general, she's just so informative and pleasant. Hoping she sells in some locations outside of the UK as the duties are ruinous!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
always loved her videos, hoping her stuff is stocked in my local space nk for a browse!

Reactions: 1
My friend has met Lisa a few times through work and can confirm she's lovely, friendly and totally normal IRL :)

• Heart
Reactions: 10