Lisa Eldridge šŸ’„

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took a gamble on the Skin Tint. I have very oily, acne scarred skin so I was a bit unsure about if it'd be suitable. But it's great. I got the shade T13 and it's adaptable enough to suit my greenish undertone with no problem and doesn't have any kind of ashy nor oompa loompa drydown. I don't generally like full coverage despite my scarring, but this had a good amount of blurring. I also like that it applied smoothly using just my fingers and left no streaks or patchiness. Very happy with purchase. ā˜ŗ

Has anybody with super suuuuper oily lids used the powder eyeshadow? Are they any good or will my excessive oiliness just eat them up? Had my eye on a couple of singles, but not sure how they'd cope!

Reactions: 4
I took a gamble on the Skin Tint. I have very oily, acne scarred skin so I was a bit unsure about if it'd be suitable. But it's great. I got the shade T13 and it's adaptable enough to suit my greenish undertone with no problem and doesn't have any kind of ashy nor oompa loompa drydown. I don't generally like full coverage despite my scarring, but this had a good amount of blurring. I also like that it applied smoothly using just my fingers and left no streaks or patchiness. Very happy with purchase. ā˜ŗ

Has anybody with super suuuuper oily lids used the powder eyeshadow? Are they any good or will my excessive oiliness just eat them up? Had my eye on a couple of singles, but not sure how they'd cope!
Have you tried NARS smudge proof eye base? I have v oily eyelids, and I can use any eyeshadow if I use this, usually with zero (or only minimal) creasing. Lisa uses it herself, but Iā€™ve been using it for years (*Sali Hughes face*)

Have you tried NARS smudge proof eye base? I have v oily eyelids, and I can use any eyeshadow if I use this, usually with zero (or only minimal) creasing. Lisa uses it herself, but Iā€™ve been using it for years (*Sali Hughes face*)
šŸ˜„
I've fallen out of habit of using eye primers (and eyeshadow generally because, well, oily lids šŸ˜’) but the last one I tried was NYX and I wasn't impressed but I thought maybe all primers are the same and a bit of a waste. But, a couple of Lisa's shades (madrigal especially šŸ˜) have got me itching to try again. I think I will try the Nars primer - I've had friends recommend it to me before, but I was very firmly in the not Sali Hughes "eye primers? Bah humbug!" stage of oily eyelided-ness, so i guess its time for me to eat humble pie, and go forth and Nars-ify šŸ‘

Iā€™ve ordered Skin Tint in T3. Canā€™t wait to try it.

@JaneRev looking forward to hearing about your London trip, especially your trip to the LE counter in Selfridges.

Reactions: 3
šŸ˜„
I've fallen out of habit of using eye primers (and eyeshadow generally because, well, oily lids šŸ˜’) but the last one I tried was NYX and I wasn't impressed but I thought maybe all primers are the same and a bit of a waste. But, a couple of Lisa's shades (madrigal especially šŸ˜) have got me itching to try again. I think I will try the Nars primer - I've had friends recommend it to me before, but I was very firmly in the not Sali Hughes "eye primers? Bah humbug!" stage of oily eyelided-ness, so i guess its time for me to eat humble pie, and go forth and Nars-ify šŸ‘
I have very oily lids and the NARS primer doesn't work on me, only the MAC Pro Longwear eyelid primer does.

I have Madrigal as a single -- in my experience the colour swatches on the website are way off reality for most of the products. Madrigal is described as a blackened gold-green shadow, but I was very surprised to find it's actually a true peacock and the most visible colour in it is the blue/green element. So I was disappointed and I've never used it after the initial test.

Reactions: 2
I have very oily lids and the NARS primer doesn't work on me, only the MAC Pro Longwear eyelid primer does.

I have Madrigal as a single -- in my experience the colour swatches on the website are way off reality for most of the products. Madrigal is described as a blackened gold-green shadow, but I was very surprised to find it's actually a true peacock and the most visible colour in it is the blue/green element. So I was disappointed and I've never used it after the initial test.
Interesting. I typically wear it without primer (but Iā€™ll use the Pat McGrath artistry wand on the mobile lid) and the colours in that palette look exactly as swatched when I wear them. Madrigal is definitely not peacock green on me. I am fair with neutral undertones, no oily lid issue.

Interesting. I typically wear it without primer (but Iā€™ll use the Pat McGrath artistry wand on the mobile lid) and the colours in that palette look exactly as swatched when I wear them. Madrigal is definitely not peacock green on me. I am fair with neutral undertones, no oily lid issue.

Hmmmm, I might have to make an excuse to dawdle down to London to have a proper swatchfest at a counter. No hardship really šŸ˜Š

Hmmmm, I might have to make an excuse to dawdle down to London to have a proper swatchfest at a counter. No hardship really šŸ˜Š
So annoying thereā€™s no DM function on here. I accidentally bought 2, and it was on sale, you couldā€™ve had one of them!

• Heart
Three days of dragging my husband round London to go beauty shopping. Wiped the floor with me so my experiences and thoughts of the Lisa Eldridge counters in Liberty and Selfridges are a little late being written but hey here I am

I'd been a very lucky birthday girl and had a sizable chunk of birthday money from my folks and mum in law. I also had Ā£200 saved in my Liberty drop fund burning a hole in my pocket. This is not normal spending for me at all.

I went in Liberty at lunchtime, through the main doors so found Lisa's counter really easily, made eye contact with staff there then had a look round and made a bee line for one staff member in particular. I asked to be matched for foundation and told them I already had the skin tint in T6.

They couldn't have been more lovely, shoved a chair to SR šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ so I could have plenty of room. They asked whether I had any products on, which I hadn't. T7 went on one side and T9 on the other. It didn't feel like any make up was being applied which was great for me being Autistic, anxious and severely lacking confidence in real life. As they applied it I felt comfortable enough to mention about my PCOS and problem with Hirturism. They explained it was a buildable coverage but wouldn't conceal any shadow. That was a refreshing change to my experiences with counter staff in the past. We both agreed T9 was the best match, slightly golden concealing some of my redness but looking natural. They then removed the wrong shade and asked me whether I'd like my full face in T9 tbh I jumped at the chance

We got talking and I told them I had a couple of palettes, mascara, eyeliner and a few lip products. I wanted a new lip colour that was me but better. They gave me a few choices my favourite was Velvet Rain so I grabbed that plus the lip linerand the foundation I ended up talking to both members of staff about Lisa's cleanser and my growing collection. I was given a card with suggestions for lip glosses and other lip colours

So off I toddled in search of a perfume, got no where with that so went for a drink and a few ciggies. Then decided I wanted to top up on Lisa's cleansers, mist and some other bits using my beauty drop. So husband had to take me back in šŸ¤£ and I did just that. I doubt they've earned as much comission in 30 minutes! Make up as well wise I bought another shade and define in 0n (I wear that every day since it arrived) lipglosses in Petal, Silent Sun and Dancing Rose.

I am a huge fan of Lisa's lip glosses as they double as a balm and keep my lips hydrated. No mean feet with my lips being as dry as Gandis flipflop due to the sixty billion pills I have to take a day.

I've used the foundation on a couple of days since getting back home and it's the best match I've ever been given. It lasts all day and doesn't crease. Seeing as I'm normally Casper the friendly ghost it makes a great chance having a foundation that completely matches my skin tone.

I haven't tried the new lipstick as I've not been out apart from food shopping and couldn't be arsed to put anything on that day. It will be interesting to see the staying power over a full day. When it was applied in Liberty it survived until I'd eaten my tea then it wore off a bit. It might well be the case of applying lipcote

There was no hard sell, both staff were knowledgeable, warm and funny. Lisa has really hit it out of the park with the staff in Liberty. As I've said on the CH thread the difference between the SR counter and Lisa is very apparent. You can tell that Lisa puts thought into these things. There's a but coming ....

The following day we went into selfridges as I wanted some pressed powder and a mooch round as I've never been in. I cannot for the life of me remember which tattler mentioned the counter in Selfridges not being as great. (Apologies) they were spot on.

It's a smaller concession than in Liberty but the staff did look bored and weren't as proactive than in Liberty. It didn't feel as approachable - my husband agreed. Which is a shame. I'm writing a email to say thank you to the team in Liberty but I will say about the difference. If I'd have gone to Selfridges the first day I wouldn't have got matched. This could be in part down to my anxiety and confidence. I've tried my best to explain it in my cack handed way

Hopefully the Selfridges one improves as it's a real shame for Lisa's brand

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thanks @JaneRev for your detailed update. Iā€™m glad you had a lovely day and Lisaā€™s Liberty counter was all that you hoped it would be. šŸ„°

Reactions: 3
Thanks @JaneRev for your detailed update. Iā€™m glad you had a lovely day and Lisaā€™s Liberty counter was all that you hoped it would be. šŸ„°
@50sGirl no problem šŸ˜˜
I'm still recovering šŸ˜‚ this week has been sponsored by not doing a lot and a lot of pain!

I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of concealer Lisa brings out. I'm split between a pen style and something similar to the Laura Mercier pallet that she's used for years. I picked that up from Cult

Three days of dragging my husband round London to go beauty shopping. Wiped the floor with me so my experiences and thoughts of the Lisa Eldridge counters in Liberty and Selfridges are a little late being written but hey here I am

I'd been a very lucky birthday girl and had a sizable chunk of birthday money from my folks and mum in law. I also had Ā£200 saved in my Liberty drop fund burning a hole in my pocket. This is not normal spending for me at all.

I went in Liberty at lunchtime, through the main doors so found Lisa's counter really easily, made eye contact with staff there then had a look round and made a bee line for one staff member in particular. I asked to be matched for foundation and told them I already had the skin tint in T6.

They couldn't have been more lovely, shoved a chair to SR šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ so I could have plenty of room. They asked whether I had any products on, which I hadn't. T7 went on one side and T9 on the other. It didn't feel like any make up was being applied which was great for me being Autistic, anxious and severely lacking confidence in real life. As they applied it I felt comfortable enough to mention about my PCOS and problem with Hirturism. They explained it was a buildable coverage but wouldn't conceal any shadow. That was a refreshing change to my experiences with counter staff in the past. We both agreed T9 was the best match, slightly golden concealing some of my redness but looking natural. They then removed the wrong shade and asked me whether I'd like my full face in T9 tbh I jumped at the chance

We got talking and I told them I had a couple of palettes, mascara, eyeliner and a few lip products. I wanted a new lip colour that was me but better. They gave me a few choices my favourite was Velvet Rain so I grabbed that plus the lip linerand the foundation I ended up talking to both members of staff about Lisa's cleanser and my growing collection. I was given a card with suggestions for lip glosses and other lip colours

So off I toddled in search of a perfume, got no where with that so went for a drink and a few ciggies. Then decided I wanted to top up on Lisa's cleansers, mist and some other bits using my beauty drop. So husband had to take me back in šŸ¤£ and I did just that. I doubt they've earned as much comission in 30 minutes! Make up as well wise I bought another shade and define in 0n (I wear that every day since it arrived) lipglosses in Petal, Silent Sun and Dancing Rose.

I am a huge fan of Lisa's lip glosses as they double as a balm and keep my lips hydrated. No mean feet with my lips being as dry as Gandis flipflop due to the sixty billion pills I have to take a day.

I've used the foundation on a couple of days since getting back home and it's the best match I've ever been given. It lasts all day and doesn't crease. Seeing as I'm normally Casper the friendly ghost it makes a great chance having a foundation that completely matches my skin tone.

I haven't tried the new lipstick as I've not been out apart from food shopping and couldn't be arsed to put anything on that day. It will be interesting to see the staying power over a full day. When it was applied in Liberty it survived until I'd eaten my tea then it wore off a bit. It might well be the case of applying lipcote

There was no hard sell, both staff were knowledgeable, warm and funny. Lisa has really hit it out of the park with the staff in Liberty. As I've said on the CH thread the difference between the SR counter and Lisa is very apparent. You can tell that Lisa puts thought into these things. There's a but coming ....

The following day we went into selfridges as I wanted some pressed powder and a mooch round as I've never been in. I cannot for the life of me remember which tattler mentioned the counter in Selfridges not being as great. (Apologies) they were spot on.

It's a smaller concession than in Liberty but the staff did look bored and weren't as proactive than in Liberty. It didn't feel as approachable - my husband agreed. Which is a shame. I'm writing a email to say thank you to the team in Liberty but I will say about the difference. If I'd have gone to Selfridges the first day I wouldn't have got matched. This could be in part down to my anxiety and confidence. I've tried my best to explain it in my cack handed way

Hopefully the Selfridges one improves as it's a real shame for Lisa's brand
Sorry for being a bit dim but is SR Sunday Riley? Also whatā€™s a Liberty Drop Fund?

It sounds like you had a great time in Liberty! Thank you for the post. Really want to try Lisaā€™s glosses.

Sorry for being a bit dim but is SR Sunday Riley? Also whatā€™s a Liberty Drop Fund?

It sounds like you had a great time in Liberty! Thank you for the post. Really want to try Lisaā€™s glosses.
SR is Skin Rocks, Caroline Hirons

Liberty Beauty drop is a scheme run by Liberty. It used to be that you paid them Ā£20 per month,and got 4 free boxes with samples or trial sizes throughout the year. The Ā£20 is yours to spend as you wish online and in store . In April it went up to Ā£25 and Ā£5 of that is a subscription charge. For me it's a great way to save for things as I'm useless at putting it away in the bank šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 1
@lucylucyapplejuicy @yessenia_d @hehehe
Hope Iā€™ve tagged all the oily eyelid girls! I have a tip which you may have tried and if not it may help you. I have oily eyelids too and Iā€™ve found that if they are quite bad, before any eyeliner or eyeshadow application, I will blot them with some blotting paper. I also apply eye primer and then go in with either a translucent face powder or an eyeshadow close to my skin colour and dust that over. For me it helps set the primer better and gives a seamless base for the eyeshadows or eyeliners I want to wear.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone bought a single eyeshadow? How do you store it?

I put mine in one of my old Chanel illiuson d'ombre pots but the lid doesn't fully screw shut because the eyeshadow pan is slightly too big to lie flat -- I don't know if air exposure will affect the texture over time.

I don't know if it's a myth but I'd heard the eyeshadow palette case was going to be available to buy empty at some point, in a "watch this space" way.

Anyone bought a single eyeshadow? How do you store it?

I put mine in one of my old Chanel illiuson d'ombre pots but the lid doesn't fully screw shut because the eyeshadow pan is slightly too big to lie flat -- I don't know if air exposure will affect the texture over time.

I don't know if it's a myth but I'd heard the eyeshadow palette case was going to be available to buy empty at some point, in a "watch this space" way.
I store my single eyeshadow pans in a z palette

Well Iā€™ve been trying out my Skin Tint over the last 3 days. I applied with my fingers each time.

Day 1 - used it on its own. I probably used 4 small drops. It didnā€™t cover the 3 spots on my face (well theyā€™re not actually spots now, just the marks left over which take ages to disappear once you get older). However, it did soften them and the Skin Tint had a sort of blurring effect on my skin. Itā€™s how Iā€˜d like my skin to look naturally without make up and I donā€™t think anyone would be able to tell I was wearing anything. By the end of the day the pores on my cheeks did look more noticeable than usual.

Day 2 - I used a primer first to see if that would help with the pore issue. It did! Still pleased with the results.

Day 3 - make up day.
I knew Iā€™d be wearing make up today so I wanted to see how it compared to my usual foundation when Iā€™m wearing blush etc.
Primer first, then Skin Tint, then my usual make up - concealer, light powder, blusher, minimal eye make up and a tinted lip oil.
Wow! I canā€™t stop looking at my skin! I didnā€™t think it would be enough coverage with the rest of my make up but it looks so natural. Even though Iā€™m wearing my usual other make up, I look less ā€œdone upā€ than usual. Instead of looking like Iā€™m wearing foundation, it looks like Iā€™ve got very good skin. Best of all, itā€™s weightless - I cannot feel it on my skin at all.

This is the product Iā€˜ve been searching for for years! Itā€™s everything that I wanted Trinnyā€™s BFF to be but sadly wasnā€™t. Iā€™ve bought tinted skin serums previously but they still look like Iā€™m wearing foundation, this doesnā€™t.
I was concerned that this was going to be ā€œThe Emperorā€™s New Clothesā€ (like BFF) but it isnā€™t. I love it! šŸ„°
The bottle appears tiny compared to my other foundations yet all contain 30ml so itā€™s deceptive.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Well Iā€™ve been trying out my Skin Tint over the last 3 days. I applied with my fingers each time.

Day 1 - used it on its own. I probably used 4 small drops. It didnā€™t cover the 3 spots on my face (well theyā€™re not actually spots now, just the marks left over which take ages to disappear once you get older). However, it did soften them and the Skin Tint had a sort of blurring effect on my skin. Itā€™s how Iā€˜d like my skin to look naturally without make up and I donā€™t think anyone would be able to tell I was wearing anything. By the end of the day the pores on my cheeks did look more noticeable than usual.

Day 2 - I used a primer first to see if that would help with the pore issue. It did! Still pleased with the results.

Day 3 - make up day.
I knew Iā€™d be wearing make up today so I wanted to see how it compared to my usual foundation when Iā€™m wearing blush etc.
Primer first, then Skin Tint, then my usual make up - concealer, light powder, blusher, minimal eye make up and a tinted lip oil.
Wow! I canā€™t stop looking at my skin! I didnā€™t think it would be enough coverage with the rest of my make up but it looks so natural. Even though Iā€™m wearing my usual other make up, I look less ā€œdone upā€ than usual. Instead of looking like Iā€™m wearing foundation, it looks like Iā€™ve got very good skin. Best of all, itā€™s weightless - I cannot feel it on my skin at all.

This is the product Iā€˜ve been searching for for years! Itā€™s everything that I wanted Trinnyā€™s BFF to be but sadly wasnā€™t. Iā€™ve bought tinted skin serums previously but they still look like Iā€™m wearing foundation, this doesnā€™t.
I was concerned that this was going to be ā€œThe Emperorā€™s New Clothesā€ (like BFF) but it isnā€™t. I love it! šŸ„°
The bottle appears tiny compared to my other foundations yet all contain 30ml so itā€™s deceptive.
What were the issues with BFF?

Iā€™ve just been to Liberty and completely agree about the fantastic staff on the LE counter. Went in for a lipstick, left with lipstick, gloss, pencil and highlighter šŸ¤£.

• Heart