Lisa Eldridge šŸ’„

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got the Velveteen liquid lipstick in Muse at Liberty in November, I love it so much!

Tell us all about what you get! I'm definitely gonna go shopping when we're in London this summer.
Iā€™ve got Blush and Muse coming from the Velveteen Liquid range and her Kitten Lash Mascara! Very excited because I get on so so well with the Skin Tint - and I was colour matched to those two lipsticks on IG when I sent them a selfie for my Skintint

Reactions: 1
Iā€™ve got Blush and Muse coming from the Velveteen Liquid range and her Kitten Lash Mascara! Very excited because I get on so so well with the Skin Tint - and I was colour matched to those two lipsticks on IG when I sent them a selfie for my Skintint
Oh god I didnā€™t know they would do colour match for lipsticks, thatā€™s bad news for my bank! They were great with the tint, foundation and highlighter for me.
Let us know how you get on with the mascara. Iā€™m still on the hunt for a good one

Oh god I didnā€™t know they would do colour match for lipsticks, thatā€™s bad news for my bank! They were great with the tint, foundation and highlighter for me.
Let us know how you get on with the mascara. Iā€™m still on the hunt for a good one
Theyā€™ll colour match you to all their make up! Itā€™s based on skin tones so you have to get a good selfie in unflinching daylight šŸ˜‚ but for the tint alone it was worth it!

Theyā€™ll colour match you to all their make up! Itā€™s based on skin tones so you have to get a good selfie in unflinching daylight šŸ˜‚ but for the tint alone it was worth it!
Still laughing at them gushing over my 50 something no make up selfie I sent! They may have got my skin tint right but now way was I glowing (unless it was a menopausal flush!)

What is Je ne sais Quoi like? Hard to tell from online? Is it like a peach? Avid Lisa fan here, have several lipsticks, the foundation, tint and three eyeshadow palettes. Love her manner and how accessible she makes make up for all.

Reactions: 2
What is Je ne sais Quoi like? Hard to tell from online? Is it like a peach? Avid Lisa fan here, have several lipsticks, the foundation, tint and three eyeshadow palettes. Love her manner and how accessible she makes make up for all.
I have this, it is a peach colour, it's not subtle, I think it's a good colour for summer and is very cheerful. I have a pale complexion (tint shade 4) so it is fairly bright on me.

Reactions: 2
I have this, it is a peach colour, it's not subtle, I think it's a good colour for summer and is very cheerful. I have a pale complexion (tint shade 4) so it is fairly bright on me.
Oh thank you! I am very pale so might be weird on me!

Has anyone tried Go lightly? Or seen it in real life?

Re Pillow Talk - the universal flattering shade looked awful on me.
I have it.
Iā€™m a pale redhead and it comes out as a bright pinky coral on me. Itā€™s hard to describe the colour. Itā€™s my least favourite of all her lipsticks and I rarely wear it because it reminds me of a pink lipstick my mum used to wear in the 80s.
I put it on this morning so I could explain the colour to you and then promptly removed it and used my trusty Kitten Mischief. Not a fan. There are much nicer and more flattering colours imho.

Which LE lipsticks do you already own? If I have it I could then swatch Go Lightly next to it for you to compare.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have it.
Iā€™m a pale redhead and it comes out as a bright pinky coral on me. Itā€™s hard to describe the colour. Itā€™s my least favourite of all her lipsticks and I rarely wear it because it reminds me of a pink lipstick my mum used to wear in the 80s.
I put it on this morning so I could explain the colour to you and then promptly removed it and used my trusty Kitten Mischief. Not a fan. There are much nicer and more flattering colours imho.

Which LE lipsticks do you already own? If I have it I could then swatch Go Lightly next to it for you to compare.
I donā€™t have one, complete virgin of the LE lip world.

Re Pillow Talk - the universal flattering shade looked awful on me.
Yes the lipstick was very VERY patchy. The lip gloss is better but I prefer rain (gloss) for a more coral shade as my lips are quite pigmented anyway

Iā€˜m away for a few days and went into Space NK to get colour matched for the Skin Tint. I was so disappointed when they said they only had a ā€œlimited rangeā€ of LE products in their store. Limited? There were about 5 items in front of their till which you could have displayed on a small side plate! I have more LE products in my make up *bag!
I was so disappointed but not as disappointed as the poor soul who will have to colour match me from a make up free selfie via email - poor sod! šŸ˜†

*disclaimer - my make up ā€œbagā€ consisted of several drawers full! šŸ˜³

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Iā€˜m away for a few days and went into Space NK to get colour matched for the Skin Tint. I was so disappointed when they said they only had a ā€œlimited rangeā€ of LE products in their store. Limited? There were about 5 items in front of their till which you could have displayed on a small side plate! I have more LE products in my make up *bag!
I was so disappointed but not as disappointed as the poor soul who will have to colour match me from a make up free selfie via email - poor sod! šŸ˜†

*disclaimer - my make up ā€œbagā€ consisted of several drawers full! šŸ˜³
I wonder if Lisa is aware of this situation? Did they say it was only temporary due to stock issues, or is this the permanent state of affairs? Itā€™s hardly going to give a good impression of Lisaā€™s brand šŸ™

Reactions: 4
So my order came today! Iā€™m building a small stash of LE because it really suits meā€¦ on my top lip is Blush and the bottom lip is Muse. I ADORE them - itā€™s a fabulous lipstick. Goes on silky and smooth, allowing you to adjust and blur if you want, and then dries and stays put. Itā€™s perfect for work, and every day life. Muse is brilliant for every day - enhances my lip colour and matches the tone of my skin. Subtle but I look more finished. Blush is slightly deeper. Iā€™ll wear this in the evenings or at work gigs. Itā€™s also subtle and matches me perfectly. I also got the new lip liner in 2C which I used just on the edge to define the lip line but did not colour in because I wanted to see the lipstick in its pure state.
I LOVE the Kitten Mascara. Excellent wand, great colour pay off, defines and elongates the lashes. And it doesnā€™t feel heavy or mascara-y, if you know what I mean. And you could build it for more drama or (as I did) just use one swipe for pretty and natural lashes. Love love!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wonder if Lisa is aware of this situation? Did they say it was only temporary due to stock issues, or is this the permanent state of affairs? Itā€™s hardly going to give a good impression of Lisaā€™s brand šŸ™
They said they were only a small store and that another store (1 hour 10 mins away) had the full range.

My local Space NK said they are fighting to get the range into their store, so hopefully it will expand.

My skin tint arrived and I don't love it unfortunately šŸ˜­ I know it's not meant to be heavy coverage but it doesn't actually make my skin look that different.

It also looks a bit dry in places, I didn't use a primer so might try with one next time and see if that makes it any better. And also looks like it's settling in my pores which doesn't normally happen with foundation etc.

Speaking of primers, does anyone have any good recommendations? My skin is combination, oily t zone in the summer but can get a bit dry in patches. I loved the Smashbox one for dehydrated skin, it made me foundation go on much smoother and didnt look patchy in the dryer bits. So gutted they don't sell it here in the UK now! Even the ones in America look different so not sure if the formula has changed.

I love Lisa and want to love her products but none of them have blown me away yet.

Last edited:
My skin tint arrived and I don't love it unfortunately šŸ˜­ I know it's not meant to be heavy coverage but it doesn't actually make my skin look that different.

It also looks a bit dry in places, I didn't use a primer so might try with one next time and see if that makes it any better. And also looks like it's settling in my pores which doesn't normally happen with foundation etc.

Speaking of primers, does anyone have any good recommendations? My skin is combination, oily t zone in the summer but can get a bit dry in patches. I loved the Smashbox one for dehydrated skin, it made me foundation go on much smoother and didnt look patchy in the dryer bits. So gutted they don't sell it here in the UK now! Even the ones in America look different so not sure if the formula has changed.

I love Lisa and want to love her products but none of them have blown me away yet.
Iā€™ve tried loads of primers best ones so far, Sculpted by Aimee the protect one and Armani the luminous one.

IMG_8627.jpeg

love her makeup and hat for the garden party at Buckingham palace.
---
I had it and sold it. It was god awful. The texture was so bad the lines in my lips were really visible and the colour was so white based that it looked like clown makeup. It was super patchy too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
View attachment 2940256
love her makeup and hat for the garden party at Buckingham palace.
---

I had it and sold it. It was god awful. The texture was so bad the lines in my lips were really visible and the colour was so white based that it looked like clown makeup. It was super patchy too.
She looks stunning - a very classy lady.

I think Go Lightly lipstick has been discontinued anyway.