Lisa Eldridge šŸ’„

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I decided to try one of my LE foundation samples today so that I can work out which shade Iā€™ll be in the Skin Tint.
I tried shade 1 and letā€™s just say Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not leaving the house today because I resemble Casper the friendly ghost! šŸ‘»
Itā€™s a great match to my neck though but too pale for my face.
Hi from someone who wears shade 1 of the foundation šŸ‘»

Reactions: 3
I also like that Lisa has normal names for her shades.
ā€˜What lipstick shade are you wearing?ā€™
ā€˜Oh, itā€™s called Sexy Lipsā€™

ā€˜I love your blush, whatā€™s it called?ā€™
ā€˜Ermā€¦Deep Throat.ā€™

I canā€™t be dealing with those levels of cringe anymore.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

ā€˜Ermā€¦Deep Throat.ā€™

I used to hate people complimenting me on my lipstick and asking which one it was. Depending on whether it was the neutral or the dark red, I'd have to reply 'lolita' or 'gash' šŸ¤¢

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Iā€™m so very excited - my Skin Tint is on the way, along with the Kitten Flick eyeliner and a lipstick. I dmed her account on IG, and they got back to me really quickly, suggested a shade, and answered many questions, all with grace and patience. Absolutely love her videos, love her style and her kind of intentional curated process.
I never knew she was a tetrachromat (she has a condition where she sees millions more shades of colour than the ā€œnormalā€ eye) but it explains the nuance and depth of her spectrum of colour.

• Heart
An update re the skin tint..
I've used it every day this week, and it still looked good at night. I had to use a concealer under my eyes yesterday (as I looked like the walking dead) so popped a little more than usual, but it still looked great

Her cleanser will be replacing my long standing Elemis, my skin feels lovely and soft

I've had a lazy day today and have been catching up on a few more of Lisa's videos.
---

ā€˜Ermā€¦Deep Throat.ā€™

I couldn't agree more, I wasn't comfortable with cringe worthy names in my younger days let alone now. I've avoided NARS because of it, the worst offender is that idiot Jeffree Star. I've seen people on SM think it's so edgy and witty No it's not it's childish and sometimes offensive

Reactions: 7
Iā€™m so very excited - my Skin Tint is on the way, along with the Kitten Flick eyeliner and a lipstick. I dmed her account on IG, and they got back to me really quickly, suggested a shade, and answered many questions, all with grace and patience. Absolutely love her videos, love her style and her kind of intentional curated process.
I never knew she was a tetrachromat (she has a condition where she sees millions more shades of colour than the ā€œnormalā€ eye) but it explains the nuance and depth of her spectrum of colour.
Have you ever tried the MAC brushblack eyeliner? If yes, could you please report back how Lisa's eyeliner compares to it?

Reactions: 1
I got my order today - really fast shipping!

I got the Skin Tint in T6 as recommended by Lisaā€™s online IG customer service. When I say itā€™s perfect, thatā€™s an understatement.

First of all the bottle is incredibly sensuous and beautiful to hold, and very easy to shake and squeeze.

I used 2 drops to cover my entire face and then another 2 drops and built up over problem areas - I have combination menopausal skin with rosacea, and it was gorgeous. It will last for agessss. It felt nourishing, melted completely into my skin, and I could see a difference in the coverage from just my moisturised & SPF covered skin vs with the Skin Tint on top. It was a perfect match in terms of colour, made my skin feel soft and comfortable, looks luminous without appearing shiny or glittery, and evened out imperfections. I donā€™t like full coverage, I find it looks mask-like and settles into pores and actually highlights imperfections. So I usually use a BB or CC tinted cream. This tops them all.
Also, when I wear any kind of make up on my skin, after a few hours, I can feel my skin get reactive, flush, slightly irritated, but not with this! It lasts (been about 6 hours now), and it looks and feels just like when I put it on.

This is not for those who want full coverage, but itā€™s absolutely perfect for me.

Have you ever tried the MAC brushblack eyeliner? If yes, could you please report back how Lisa's eyeliner compares to it?
I am blown away by the Kitten Flick eyeliner - it tops anything Iā€™ve ever used - and that includes the MAC brush black (I found it too dry and thick), Shisheido, Beauty Pie, Nars, Pat McGrath, Urban Decay, Charlotte Tilbury. I have been on a quest. And this is it. Incredibly fine line that gives a lot of control, deep rich saturated colour pay off, and it has lasted all day. What I found quite special about this eyeliner is how thin the formulation was and yet how saturated the pigment is. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m explaining that right, but when I first put it on, I smudged it a bit because I was expecting to have to work to lay down a deep black. But you just touch your skin with this liner and itā€™s right there first time. And itā€™s super super fine. Love it.

I also got the Luxuriously Lucent Lipcolour, and while the colour was perfect on me (I got Spirited Away as per the CS suggestion), and it felt lovely and creamy, and it matched my skin tone, it didnā€™t last and it definitely caked into the lines of my lips after a while. Itā€™s very sheer going on and it is buildable in colour, but it would only work for the day if youā€™re a person who reapplies their lipstick often. I am not. Iā€™m going to try the Velveteen Liquid Lipcolour when the shade I want (Muse) comes back in stock

• Heart
I am blown away by the Kitten Flick eyeliner - it tops anything Iā€™ve ever used - and that includes the MAC brush black (I found it too dry and thick), Shisheido, Beauty Pie, Nars, Pat McGrath, Urban Decay, Charlotte Tilbury. I have been on a quest. And this is it. Incredibly fine line that gives a lot of control, deep rich saturated colour pay off, and it has lasted all day. What I found quite special about this eyeliner is how thin the formulation was and yet how saturated the pigment is. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m explaining that right, but when I first put it on, I smudged it a bit because I was expecting to have to work to lay down a deep black. But you just touch your skin with this liner and itā€™s right there first time. And itā€™s super super fine. Love it.
oh that sounds fantastic! I have tried a lot of eyeliners and so far the only one that I found ok was the MAC brushblack. I love Lisa's lipsticks, so I am keen to try her eyeliner, but I have been disappointed by so many eyeliners in the past that I have been waiting to hear personal experiences before ordering one. It's out of stock on Space NK and on her page it's 15Ā£ shipping for a 25Ā£ product, so I'll use up my MAC eyeliners before ordering, I think I still have a spare one. It's great that Lisa is not creating FOMO with her products and marketing. The products will still be available a few months from now when it will make more sense for me to order a new eyeliner.

• Heart
oh that sounds fantastic! I have tried a lot of eyeliners and so far the only one that I found ok was the MAC brushblack. I love Lisa's lipsticks, so I am keen to try her eyeliner, but I have been disappointed by so many eyeliners in the past that I have been waiting to hear personal experiences before ordering one. It's out of stock on Space NK and on her page it's 15Ā£ shipping for a 25Ā£ product, so I'll use up my MAC eyeliners before ordering, I think I still have a spare one. It's great that Lisa is not creating FOMO with her products and marketing. The products will still be available a few months from now when it will make more sense for me to order a new eyeliner.
I second the eyeliner. Genuinely brilliant. You wonā€™t be disappointed

Reactions: 3
I have now ordered the eyeliner and the skin tint (T4). My family gave me supermarket gift cards for my birthday because they don't know what else to give me. The idea being that I buy something that I fancy for that amount and they in turn cover my groceries for the same amount.

So I decided that the thing I fancy most is trying the eyeliner and the skin tint, I'll report back once I had a chance to try them.

• Heart
The eyeliner is fantastic, having the use of my left arm/hand and being cack handed it's been great to apply and I've been really chuffed with the results
---
I have now ordered the eyeliner and the skin tint (T4). My family gave me supermarket gift cards for my birthday because they don't know what else to give me. The idea being that I buy something that I fancy for that amount and they in turn cover my groceries for the same amount.

So I decided that the thing I fancy most is trying the eyeliner and the skin tint, I'll report back once I had a chance to try them.
I've just replied with my thoughts on the eyeliner

The skin tint in T6 was the perfect match for me, it evens my skin out and has been a joy to apply and wear. I've worn it every day since it was delivered

I also got one of her new lip pencils in ON, I've lined and filled my lips without looking a mess.

I've not bought one bad thing from Lisa and the customer care are really helpful, very polite and nothing is too much trouble

Reactions: 6
I also got one of her new lip pencils in ON, I've lined and filled my lips without looking a mess.
I thought about getting one but couldn't be bothered to figure out my shade and I wouldn't wear it enough probably. I was tempted to get another lipstick but decided against it, I wouldn't wear it, I have plenty already (the 3 velvet ones that I have are lovely... But I recently got a pat mc grath one that I like even better ... And then also don't wear on the regular)

• Heart
Iā€™m a big Lisa fan and her customer service is top-notch. They matched me perfectly for the tint and foundation (T3 and 5). I love both and wore the foundation on my wedding day. The cleanser works perfectly for my skin too.

The only fail for me is the mascara and thatā€™s because I canā€™t wear non-tubing mascaras without smudges, I love how it looks for day though and the eyeliner is fool proof. The spray is fine but I wouldnā€™t repurchase as I just found it a little joyless.

I like Lisaā€™s no-drama style but does anyone remember when she did a sarky post years ago saying she wasnā€™t going to bother anymore as she spends ages coming up with videos and then people just rip her off? It was after she did an acne covering video and was clearly aimed at Pixiwoo. Lisa deleted it quite quickly and blamed PMT. Itā€™s obviously forgotten now as Iā€™ve seen Sam at Lisaā€™s launches and Lisaā€™s commented on their posts.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have issues with the skin tint piling? I seem to always have issues, no matter what combination of moisturiser, primer and foundation/tinted moisturiser I use.

Currently using NARS tinted moisturiser and coming to the last of it, but I've only just found out they sell in China so I am definitely not buying again. Thanks!

Does anyone have issues with the skin tint piling? I seem to always have issues, no matter what combination of moisturiser, primer and foundation/tinted moisturiser I use.

Currently using NARS tinted moisturiser and coming to the last of it, but I've only just found out they sell in China so I am definitely not buying again. Thanks!
I've had no problems with it piling. I've used my heavy moisturisers JSS moisture recovery, then Bobby brown face base, then a lighter one plus my suncream and nothing. I'm really heavy handed with my skincare too.

I think Lisa is going to bring sample cards out of the skin tint. Might be worth seeing if her range in a space NK near you. Or pop Lisa's team a message and see what they say about returns

Iā€™ve been using it daily on combination skin with extreme dry patches. I wash my face, apply serums (if I remember), a good moisturiser, SPF and then the Skin Tint. Itā€™s never pilled or gone blotchy. Itā€™s VERY fine - watery almost, and rubs in with the fingers for a light sheer almost glowy coverage. It is buildable - so I always put a bit more where I have rosacea and fine thread veins. It doesnā€™t cover everything but it makes my skin look very even. It lasts - I work with musicians and after a 14 hour day, I still have product coming off on my washcloth at night.

The last couple of days, Iā€™ve had peeling dry skin patches around my nose and it did sit in those but a little moisturiser and it was all good.

I wear T6 and was colour matched via the IG account and it was perfect. I was going to go for T4 but she said that T6 would suit my undertones better and she was right!

• Heart
I thought about getting one but couldn't be bothered to figure out my shade and I wouldn't wear it enough probably. I was tempted to get another lipstick but decided against it, I wouldn't wear it, I have plenty already (the 3 velvet ones that I have are lovely... But I recently got a pat mc grath one that I like even better ... And then also don't wear on the regular)
I have two of her lip glosses which I really like. I haven't tried any of her lipsticks as I hate trying to guess what a colour is actually like online. Going to London next month so I'll be trying a few colours

I have a dark purple pat McGrath lippy that is great and it lasts. It makes my gothy self very happy šŸ¤£

I think all these reviews mean I need to order it. I love the foundation. I just dropped money on the Chanel water tint and kind of regret it!!

Reactions: 5