Lisa Colhoun - one small step

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm conflicted.
I have followed her posts from early on and they broke my heart. She genuinely loved her husband without a doubt and you could tell she was so committed to him. Its just awful that they were parted so soon and so cruelly.
I actually have a lot of respect for her in many ways. Unlike some other "grieving" widows who were in a relationship 5mins later, she's taking her time.
I liked the fact that she was working to open up and normalise the chat around grief and being widowed young.
I do think the insta beast has started to take over and whilst showing vulnerability is the flavour of the minute with a lot of insta folks, if Lisa was my family member I'd be intervening. Social media is not the forum if you are feeling vulnerable.
I also can't help but think, is this girl not a teacher? I wouldn't feel very comfortable if my kids teacher was crying and swearing on Instagram. She's human, but she also has responsibilities.

Reactions: 7
I'm conflicted.
I have followed her posts from early on and they broke my heart. She genuinely loved her husband without a doubt and you could tell she was so committed to him. Its just awful that they were parted so soon and so cruelly.
I actually have a lot of respect for her in many ways. Unlike some other "grieving" widows who were in a relationship 5mins later, she's taking her time.
I liked the fact that she was working to open up and normalise the chat around grief and being widowed young.
I do think the insta beast has started to take over and whilst showing vulnerability is the flavour of the minute with a lot of insta folks, if Lisa was my family member I'd be intervening. Social media is not the forum if you are feeling vulnerable.
I also can't help but think, is this girl not a teacher? I wouldn't feel very comfortable if my kids teacher was crying and swearing on Instagram. She's human, but she also has responsibilities.
You made a lot of good points there but I’ve lost all respect for her. It’s all about her, showing what a good mummy she is, her make up, hair, clothes etc. The crying into the phone is not normal or healthy. It’s the same thing over and over with her, it’s time she put her phone away!!

Reactions: 3
I totally agree with you...... i lost my only child a few years ago, and joined a support group with other bereaved parents. At the start, although it was hard, it really helped to share my story, to hear others, and to find ways through talking, to deal with our unimaginable pain! A few years on, and i actually think, because of covid the meetings werent on, and ive totally managed my grief, really focused on my mental health, and am feeling much, much stronger....I realise that taking on other peoples stories, make me more sad, make me overthink, and make me more vulnerable... i wont go back to the meetings when they start back, cos ive decided "i dont want to be miserable anymore" my child was taken from me in a horrific accident (we were involved in together) and i was more fortunate than him to survive, i will spend the rest of my life being glad for the years we shared, more than be sad for the years we will be apart.... im so gratefull to have been his mom, and to have had his unconditional love, im going to shout his name from the rooftops, and keep his memory alive til we are together again❤
I didn’t want to read your post and scroll on. I’m so so sorry to hear about your child. Can I just say you have an amazing outlook and the choices you have and continue to make you should be so so proud of yourself that couldn’t have been easy. Thinking of you x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I totally agree with you...... i lost my only child a few years ago, and joined a support group with other bereaved parents. At the start, although it was hard, it really helped to share my story, to hear others, and to find ways through talking, to deal with our unimaginable pain! A few years on, and i actually think, because of covid the meetings werent on, and ive totally managed my grief, really focused on my mental health, and am feeling much, much stronger....I realise that taking on other peoples stories, make me more sad, make me overthink, and make me more vulnerable... i wont go back to the meetings when they start back, cos ive decided "i dont want to be miserable anymore" my child was taken from me in a horrific accident (we were involved in together) and i was more fortunate than him to survive, i will spend the rest of my life being glad for the years we shared, more than be sad for the years we will be apart.... im so gratefull to have been his mom, and to have had his unconditional love, im going to shout his name from the rooftops, and keep his memory alive til we are together again❤
So sorry for your loss, it has to be the most devastating loss of all loosing a child. Glad now that you’re in a better place, stay strong ❤

• Heart
I'm so so sorry for your loss...❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I didn’t want to read your post and scroll on. I’m so so sorry to hear about your child. Can I just say you have an amazing outlook and the choices you have and continue to make you should be so so proud of yourself that couldn’t have been easy. Thinking of you x
To be honest, when it happened i just wanted to die, i couldnt bare living without him, every thought was him, i couldnt eat, sleep, walk even.... washing myself was the most huge effort, it would wear me out, some days it was all i could do.... i was afraid to go to bed, as the accident played in my head like a film, it haunted me😭 i did try suicide, cos i wanted the horrific pain to be over! That went on for 2 solid years, year 3 was a bit better, i got more mobile, and was able to at least keep the house clean.... i couldnt tell you what changed, one day it was like somebody flicked a switch, and i decided to change the way i thought, dont get me wrong, i still miss him, i still have hard days, i will always mourn him, but i cant waste a life, he was denied💔

• Heart
Reactions: 19
To be honest, when it happened i just wanted to die, i couldnt bare living without him, every thought was him, i couldnt eat, sleep, walk even.... washing myself was the most huge effort, it would wear me out, some days it was all i could do.... i was afraid to go to bed, as the accident played in my head like a film, it haunted me😭 i did try suicide, cos i wanted the horrific pain to be over! That went on for 2 solid years, year 3 was a bit better, i got more mobile, and was able to at least keep the house clean.... i couldnt tell you what changed, one day it was like somebody flicked a switch, and i decided to change the way i thought, dont get me wrong, i still miss him, i still have hard days, i will always mourn him, but i cant waste a life, he was denied💔
You should be incredibly proud of yourself. I’m sure your little angel is beaming with pride at the incredible mummy you are.

• Heart
Lisa comes across that she has the depth of a puddle. I get the impression that Christopher did everything for them and that Lisa was spoilt. I really felt sorry for her sister. You would have Lisa on talking on the phone all dolled up while Claire was doing all the work. I believe that Lisa is heartbroken over her husband's death and what they and he is missing out on - that is hard for any family going through that. But I will never ever understand all the crying into the phone, the posing, the trying on clothes, showing so much of her children's life on instagram. That is not normalising grief that is just blatant attention seeking. I do wonder what Christopher (god rest him) would make of the avenue she has went down.

Reactions: 1
Definitely time for her to get off Instagram when your content is telling us you’ve run out of butter and sugar....Ffs who cares??

I followed her a couple of years ago and then unfollowed as her grief was just too much for me. I recently followed her again and was pleased see her doing better lately. Unfortunately the live with Bronagh seems to have set them both back. I think they should both take a few months off Instagram to get their heads together a bit. My heart goes out to them both but it can't be healthy constantly crying in to the phone and speaking to others in a similar situation. I know my husband would want me to move on and make the best of my life. Being sad isn't going to bring them back ❤

I would say the live with Keelan will be different he’s a different character. Not that there’s any right or wrong way to grieve, I suppose personality probably contributes.

I would say the live with Keelan will be different he’s a different character. Not that there’s any right or wrong way to grieve, I suppose personality probably contributes.
I was so shocked when I seen he moved on so quick. But now when you see how happy that wain is and how Erin's girls are with him, you can't help but feel heartened.

I think for Lisa this is all about raising her profile, the tears are turned on when she is getting flack about it. At the start certainly it was a way for her to release how she felt and I get that and I even cried listening to her story. But now it’s all about attention for Lisa. I wouldn’t want her teaching my child. She seems to be so self involved to have any genuine commitment to teaching. I wonder did she do teaching because Christopher did teaching.

My heart goes out to you. I’m so sorry for your loss and I’m very glad you decided to choose life. You sound like an incredibly strong lady x

• Heart
I was so shocked when I seen he moved on so quick. But now when you see how happy that wain is and how Erin's girls are with him, you can't help but feel heartened.
A lot of people were surprised when he moved on so quick and grief is different for everyone but Lisa uses her page to go over and over the same thing all the time ...it’s all about raising her profile. It’s horrible though that she exploits her daughters doing so 😡

All these instagram-live chats, and talk of doing a Podcast series etc, is that not exactly what Brian Dowling did? In all liklihood it would probably be the same (or similar) people she would be speaking with, sharing the same stories would it not?

All these instagram-live chats, and talk of doing a Podcast series etc, is that not exactly what Brian Dowling did? In all liklihood it would probably be the same (or similar) people she would be speaking with, sharing the same stories would it not?
I was thinking that too. I have actually enjoyed some of Brian's guests. Obviously they have such sad stories but they all make me reflect on my life and my loved ones. However, Brian is in a much better place to do this. He lost his mother which much be incredibly hard, but it is the natural order in life compared to losing a partner or child. Secondly, his mother passed away a few years ago now I think, so his grief isn't as recent and raw.

Please tell me everyone else is getting fed up with these coffee thoughts? 🙉
The gifting annoys me more. I did buy games before but I won’t be again. The two bloggers I’ve seen gifted products lately (I’m sure there are more) can more than afford to buy them (but didn’t) so why would you gift to them when they could buy and shout you out.