Line of Duty #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so pleased the guys of SOD were honest with how they felt about the last episode!!! I’ve absolutely LOVED the podcast (better than obsessed imo) I’d love to go out for drinks with those guys.
How good was that alternative ending?!
Omg I gasped at that!!!

Reactions: 1
C0B873C0-263E-4880-AB39-22F947D808A4.jpeg

One of the most endearing things about these two as a partnership is that they are awkward and a bit cringe (just like this scene) 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
It’s like they use “mate” to prove there’s nothing sexual or romantic between them. After 6 series we know that 😂😂 that’s why I love their relationship because it’s rare to see male/female lead characters as purely platonic

Reactions: 19
It’s like they use “mate” to prove there’s nothing sexual or romantic between them. After 6 series we know that 😂😂 that’s why I love their relationship because it’s rare to see male/female lead characters as purely platonic
This ^^^^
i think it would lose all credibility for them to be involved yet you see so many people shipping them waiting for the kiss. No sexual tension there AT ALL.

also poor Jed has been defending the ending on Twitter all day and folk have been HORRIBLE no one deserves that amount of vitriol over a TV show.
Plus now he’s been accused of ‘queer baiting’ because the Jo/Kate ‘thing’ led nowhere.
Again, I thought that relationship was entirely one sided I saw little evidence of any chemistry and Kate was either viewing her as a friend or possibly playing her a little to gain her confidence. Jo was so broken she just needed love. At no point did I believe in them as a potential couple at all. Jo tried to get her murdered at one point... not the best start to a budding relationship!
It’s not Jed’s responsibility to tie every relationship up in a neat bow. Life’s not like that. And Jo did get a happy ending with a gorgeous cottage and a model wife.
Meanwhile Gill in her sketchy ghetto ...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Excessive usage of mate spoiled the moment though🤣
I really bleeping hate the word mate, it boils my piss. So the overuse of it gave me the ice!
This ^^^^
i think it would lose all credibility for them to be involved yet you see so many people shipping them waiting for the kiss. No sexual tension there AT ALL.

also poor Jed has been defending the ending on Twitter all day and folk have been HORRIBLE no one deserves that amount of vitriol over a TV show.
Plus now he’s been accused of ‘queer baiting’ because the Jo/Kate ‘thing’ led nowhere.
Again, I thought that relationship was entirely one sided I saw little evidence of any chemistry and Kate was either viewing her as a friend or possibly playing her a little to gain her confidence. At no point did I believe in them as a potential couple at all. Jo tried to get her murdered at one point... not the best start to a budding relationship!
It’s not Jed’s responsibility to tie every relationship up in a neat bow. Life’s not like that. And Jo did get a happy ending with a gorgeous cottage and a model wife.
Lorraine needs to chill the duck out!'

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This ^^^^

Again, I thought that relationship was entirely one sided I saw little evidence of any chemistry and Kate was either viewing her as a friend or possibly playing her a little to gain her confidence. At no point did I believe in them as a potential couple at all. Jo tried to get her murdered at one point... not the best start to a budding relationship!

I'm just wondering how she knew that making Buckells baddie number 4 was a dig at Boris Johnson.
After all, what does our dear Prime Minister have in common with a bumbling, incompetent halfwit running an organisation full of crooks, conmen and corruption? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
After 6 seasons of action why on the last episode did he decide to go all political. I’ve seen his tweets defending his decision all day yesterday. No explaining this one away pal! It’s like Behind Her Eyes (Netflix) when the storyline/genre does vogue after a good start. You can’t just ditch what the things that made you popular!!! Uhhh

Reactions: 4
This ^^^^

Again, I thought that relationship was entirely one sided I saw little evidence of any chemistry and Kate was either viewing her as a friend or possibly playing her a little to gain her confidence. Jo was so broken she just needed love. At no point did I believe in them as a potential couple at all. Jo tried to get her murdered at one point... not the best start to a budding relationship!
Yeah I think at most Kate was playing Jo to get info (like she’s done with Gates etc), was briefly flattered when Jo clearly latched onto her then ended up feeling guilty when she realised how absolutely tit Jo’s life had been and how incredibly vulnerable Jo actually was. Hence her “making it up” to Jo in the end via witness protection.

Reactions: 4
We were searching for H like we were searching for balaclava man. When both were plural.

I love that show!

In the first series the clues are def there. In a shot near the end Buckells is seen at the golf course where Tommy is playing. Also he let Dot have a word with Tommy in the police van after his arrest.

Did Dot know that Buckells was part of the OCG?
I cant watch Marcella, Anna Friel really annoys me and why does she walk like a farmer??

I was ok with the finale.

But imo overall the series was lacking.

Jo's character was wasted. There was no insight into what drove her and she was neatly forgiven and shipped off to witness protection.

Ryan was killed off too easily.

The box with all the murder weapons was like a parody - "quick let's wrap this up".

I thought Lee Banks was adamant his brother wasn't guilty of Gail's murder? And if Tony Gates' DNA was planted does that not call everything in the box into question?
Agree with all this! I would have liked Ryan not to be found out this series and for Series 7 for him to have been promoted (not too high up as he is too young) but definitely to have seen him rising up through the ranks and become more and more embedded.

I also agree how can they rely on the evidence that was dug up when they know Tony Gates (loved him) DNA was planted.

Reactions: 6
I cant watch Marcella, Anna Friel really annoys me and why does she walk like a farmer??

Agree with all this! I would have liked Ryan not to be found out this series and for Series 7 for him to have been promoted (not too high up as he is too young) but definitely to have seen him rising up through the ranks and become more and more embedded.

I also agree how can they rely on the evidence that was dug up when they know Tony Gates (loved him) DNA was planted.
Love Tony Gates too. His story was so well done, just watching how he became more and more corrupt through small, seemingly minor actions which escalated, like failing to declare the free lunch, agreeing to help Jackie when he thought she'd only hit a dog with her car. I just love his character and story and to me that's why I felt Jo's character and motivations weren't developed enough or at all, really.

Reactions: 14