Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
Never mind the passing of LOD, I have gone into official mourning for this thread. I have had so much fun... thanks all.

love you all yer bent bastards 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Rxt156

VIP Member
The episode where Ryan and Kate had a gun on each other had EXACTLY the tension and excitement that we should’ve had in the finale 😖. I still feel let down.

Reactions: 27

Scarletfever

VIP Member
I was ok with the finale.

But imo overall the series was lacking.

Jo's character was wasted. There was no insight into what drove her and she was neatly forgiven and shipped off to witness protection.

Ryan was killed off too easily.

The box with all the murder weapons was like a parody - "quick let's wrap this up".

I thought Lee Banks was adamant his brother wasn't guilty of Gail's murder? And if Tony Gates' DNA was planted does that not call everything in the box into question?

Reactions: 20

Anonymous_Daisy

C0B873C0-263E-4880-AB39-22F947D808A4.jpeg

One of the most endearing things about these two as a partnership is that they are awkward and a bit cringe (just like this scene) 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

hrh89

VIP Member
It’s like they use “mate” to prove there’s nothing sexual or romantic between them. After 6 series we know that 😂😂 that’s why I love their relationship because it’s rare to see male/female lead characters as purely platonic

Reactions: 19

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
The whole point of real kate speaking to the occy health man was to help out the WWW.

He confided in her that he was in a bit of shit due to his painkiller addiction. She told the OH man she was having a crap time in her personal life, and she had no one apart from her colleagues, and mentioned something like how much of a support he was. He being the WWW, which OH man would know as he could see from their records they worked together. She was putting the OH man in a position that if he were to remove the WWW from duty, he would be causing her issues as well as her support had gone.

There is probably a much easier way of saying that!

Yes, we def need a new plot.....
Definately

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Vee6

VIP Member
Was there any need for Jo’s parents to have been brother and sister? Horrid little side plot

• Angry
Reactions: 17

H AC12

@SootySweepAndSoo couldn’t quote you from the last thread. I was really disappointed last night I think I’d over hyped it in my head (10 years in the making) expecting something similar to “urgent exit required” like you have spent the day thinking and rewatched without sitting there expecting shoot outs etc. It really does make more sense now. It’s clever how Jed has done it. Makes you think further past H and what H stood for. It’s based on real policing and there will always be corruption and those at the top using their position to control and manipulate others who are vulnerable, stupid and greedy. Buckells was all three. He wanted to move up the police force doing very little work and rewatching from series 1 we will see this. I have a week off work next week. I plan on a full rewatch.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Cady1954

VIP Member
Remember when Robbie left Take That and they had to set up a helpline for all the little suicidal teenyboppers? I think they need to do a LOD one. I for one have not slept properly for two nights going over and over it in my head.🥴 I think I'm going to have to watch the entire 6 series all over again for some sort of release unless it tips me over the edge. At least we can all agree on one thing. That wee lad Terry Boyle has gone to live in a nice house (better than Gill Biggeloe's anyway) and we can rest assured there will be a serious case review into why he spent five years of his life with Jackie Laverty stuck in his Currys freezer!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Mufasa

Chatty Member
Did anyone else panic during the van chase scene when the OCG burst out of the Range Rovers, as the dodgy prison guard handed over the keys to them, she turned and suddenly Steve was next to her in the van!!! I was thinking SHIT how the hell has Steve got away from Kate and is now on the way to kill Jo 🤣🤣

• Haha

jorja

It’s like they use “mate” to prove there’s nothing sexual or romantic between them. After 6 series we know that 😂😂 that’s why I love their relationship because it’s rare to see male/female lead characters as purely platonic
This ^^^^
i think it would lose all credibility for them to be involved yet you see so many people shipping them waiting for the kiss. No sexual tension there AT ALL.

also poor Jed has been defending the ending on Twitter all day and folk have been HORRIBLE no one deserves that amount of vitriol over a TV show.
Plus now he’s been accused of ‘queer baiting’ because the Jo/Kate ‘thing’ led nowhere.
Again, I thought that relationship was entirely one sided I saw little evidence of any chemistry and Kate was either viewing her as a friend or possibly playing her a little to gain her confidence. Jo was so broken she just needed love. At no point did I believe in them as a potential couple at all. Jo tried to get her murdered at one point... not the best start to a budding relationship!
It’s not Jed’s responsibility to tie every relationship up in a neat bow. Life’s not like that. And Jo did get a happy ending with a gorgeous cottage and a model wife.
Meanwhile Gill in her sketchy ghetto ...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
@SootySweepAndSoo couldn’t quote you from the last thread. I was really disappointed last night I think I’d over hyped it in my head (10 years in the making) expecting something similar to “urgent exit required” like you have spent the day thinking and rewatched without sitting there expecting shoot outs etc. It really does make more sense now. It’s clever how Jed has done it. Makes you think further past H and what H stood for. It’s based on real policing and there will always be corruption and those at the top using their position to control and manipulate others who are vulnerable, stupid and greedy. Buckells was all three. He wanted to move up the police force doing very little work and rewatching from series 1 we will see this. I have a week off work next week. I plan on a full rewatch.
Totally agree with this.
As you say, I think that so many of us were expecting shoot outs, car chases and massive OOH! moments that we didn’t fully appreciate the cleverness of the ending.
Of course it was Buckells. The fact that a bumbling, seemingly incompetent man could rise to the top of a profession thanks to unseen hands and an ability to bullshit his way through everything is a perfect illustration of not only the way corruption can go unchallenged and unnoticed in the police service, but every other sector of society and government.

• Heart

Scarletfever

VIP Member
I cant watch Marcella, Anna Friel really annoys me and why does she walk like a farmer??

Agree with all this! I would have liked Ryan not to be found out this series and for Series 7 for him to have been promoted (not too high up as he is too young) but definitely to have seen him rising up through the ranks and become more and more embedded.

I also agree how can they rely on the evidence that was dug up when they know Tony Gates (loved him) DNA was planted.
Love Tony Gates too. His story was so well done, just watching how he became more and more corrupt through small, seemingly minor actions which escalated, like failing to declare the free lunch, agreeing to help Jackie when he thought she'd only hit a dog with her car. I just love his character and story and to me that's why I felt Jo's character and motivations weren't developed enough or at all, really.

Reactions: 14

Mum2girls

I’m so pleased the guys of SOD were honest with how they felt about the last episode!!! I’ve absolutely LOVED the podcast (better than obsessed imo) I’d love to go out for drinks with those guys.
How good was that alternative ending?!

• Heart
Reactions: 14