Line of Duty #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could Jo have taken the blame for Kate as Kate shot to kill instead of just shooting an arm/leg? I always thought that thatsbhoe these things went?
People only shoot to disarm in the movies/on TV, in real life you take no chances - if you shoot, it’s to kill. And Jed likes realism.

I think she took the blame for Kate so Kate is free to continue investigating and because she knows it’s her fault Kate was in that situation. (And she clearly loves Kate).

• Sad
Reactions: 16
ok I can finally join in on this thread after binge watching all 6 series' the last 2 weeks (please don't ask I have no life😂😂) in anticipation for tonight being the last episode and I can't believe how that whole episode panned out😂 I can't wait to next week to hopefully find out H

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Why is gay Twitter so desperate for the Flemson thing to work out?
So far Jo has framed her ex and lured Kate to an abandoned lorry park to have her murdered by Ryan.
To top it all, it looked like their previous dates were in a dodgy Travelodge?
I’m not feeling this relationship at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Fantastic episode. Loved the frustration of the constant no comments combined with the small bits of info jo gave up. I’m so rooting for her, I was terrified when those two bent prison guards showed up!!
It was kates turn in the cell finally. Ted and Steve have had their go it was only a matter of time 😂

who the hell can say what will happen in the final episode? Feels like we’re not really any closer. Is this gonna be dragged over into series 7 😂😂

Hastings said was she being controlled and coerced by both her dad/the OCG and people within the force and her face said it all.

It was an absolute masterclass from Kelly, managing to convey so much while 75% of her dialogue was “No comment”.
KM was utterly brilliant. She gave almost nothing but in those few moments I felt completely sorry for her regardless of what she’s done. A horrible life really from childhood to now

What's under the floor? I don't think it'll be bodies, unless it's Carly Kirk'
weren’t we shown Carly waiting for a ferry? I assumed that was her ending that she managed to escape that horrible life.

Just catching up, why is Carmichael such a bleep
she makes my blood boil 😂😂😂 pantomime villain at its best. She radiates smug

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Does anyone else think it’s strange that Carmichael put trackers on officer’s private vehicles as well as their service vehicles? Who authorised that and who phoned her to tell her that Steve’s car was on the move? And how did she know that Steve didn’t have a girlfriend who had access to his car? So many questions just on this one tiny bit of tonight’s episode.

another question just sprung to mind...is that why she removed surveillance?
The Chief Constable Osborne gave permission. She doesn't trust any of AC-12 she said and I maybe has been pursuing them since the last time we met her. there could have been a plan to dismantle AC-12 for awhile as is what's happening because Osborne thinks they are too close to the truth. Just my theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
This is exactly it. Half the time I'm left wondering what people are watching, or why they're bothering to watch it.

I think the speculation is more exciting than the actual show for some people, even if their speculation is clearly implausible, already debunked or just completely way out there insane.
Mother of god, how dare people speculate different imaginary theories for a very popular imaginary tv show 🤔
We’ve had stranger endings to massive shows/films. Let people have their fun and get off your high horse. So what if people like speculating, it’s probably what’s gripped the nation and why everyone’s so obsessed with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Mother of god, how dare people speculate different imaginary theories for a very popular imaginary tv show 🤔
We’ve had stranger endings to massive shows/films. Let people have their fun and get off your high horse. So what if people like speculating, it’s probably what’s gripped the nation and why everyone’s so obsessed with it.
I haven't said people can't speculate.

I've said I find it bizarre that people enjoy speculating about things that clearly can't be the case (why I said I wonder what show they're watching), which then leads to some being disappointed by the actual outcome.

I understand why people enjoy the speculation based on what could actually happen.

Am I the only one who thinks that picture of the Spanish policeman looks nothing like James Nesbitt? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I think people are desperately looking for a twist. It would be a good one but looks unlikely (and why wouldn't he just leave rather than being there as he's been so elusive so far?!)

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else think it’s strange that Carmichael put trackers on officer’s private vehicles as well as their service vehicles? Who authorised that and who phoned her to tell her that Steve’s car was on the move? And how did she know that Steve didn’t have a girlfriend who had access to his car? So many questions just on this one tiny bit of tonight’s episode.

another question just sprung to mind...is that why she removed surveillance?
That bit spoilt it for me. They’d have to get authorities for that, absolutely no way they’d get it unless the person authorising it was bent but even then it would come under scrutiny at some point by an independent body. Also none of them questioned it, which you’d surely do if you were anti-corruption

For me, last night was the worst ever episode of LOD.
Kate refusing to give up her gun for what seemed like forever, when surrounded by armed police. Was she waiting to get shot or something?
Half an hour of no comments in an “interrogation” scene.
I couldn’t concentrate on what was being said (though I didn’t pick up any shocking revelations), I just wanted the episode to end.

Reactions: 23
I take back my comments on the previous thread regarding Kelly’s acting.. I’m really rooting for her now!

I think Tommy Hunter is still alive

Reactions: 20
Kelly McDonald is on BBC Breakfast at 8.30am this morning. Not that she will give anything away!

Reactions: 7
That bit spoilt it for me. They’d have to get authorities for that, absolutely no way they’d get it unless the person authorising it was bent but even then it would come under scrutiny at some point by an independent body. Also none of them questioned it, which you’d surely do if you were anti-corruption
I think that will all come out next week, no way Steve will let her off with that. She would also have needed authority for the chopper. With the trackers, someone could easily inform the OCG of AC-12 movements and probably has been.

Reactions: 7
Why is gay Twitter so desperate for the Flemson thing to work out?
So far Jo has framed her ex and lured Kate to an abandoned lorry park to have her murdered by Ryan.
To top it all, it looked like their previous dates were in a dodgy Travelodge?
I’m not feeling this relationship at all.
I must admit there have been a few red flags 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Davidson is DCI and, like Dot Cottan and Ryan, was planted into the Police to work for the OCG.

Why isn’t she one of the 4 H...?!

Reactions: 5
Something I wanted to check that my boyfriend mentioned.

Carmichael said to Ted that a tracker had been put on all AC12 vehicles, but my boyfriend reckons that car Kate took was Steve’s personal car, not his work one.

So she would be lying and would know a different way where Kate was? Does anyone know if that’s the case?

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.