Line of Duty #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please tell me you are not suggesting that Jed Mercurio deliberately found an actor with a name he could make an anagram of?

Or worse, that he planted a fake actor with a career spanning years, all building up to this one moment on LOD to trick the audience into believing James Nesbitt’s character is dead, when in actual fact he has supposedly been tipped off by Chloe (aka Tony Gates’ daughter) and thus got a team of men, killed all the Spanish police and stole their uniforms and staged their deaths? Or maybe he’s running the Spanish arm of the OCG under a fake name as a high-ranking Captain???

I am equal parts exhausted, fascinated and utterly baffled by this thread 😂
He had a lot of time there in lockdown 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Exactly this 😂😉
Casting is done completely based around anagrams now
Did you not see the whole RACE CLAIM Carmichael with a leftover H thing 😂😂😂 the internet is awash with theories and anagrams

Last edited:
  • Haha
Honestly that confused I feel like I’ve just done my maths GCSE again. And I just about scraped a D in that. 😩😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m guessing that Jo has taken the fall for shooting Ryan, because any officer who shoots someone gets suspended while the shooting is investigated to ensure it’s lawful. And Jo knows she’s going to prison regardless, and her best chance of surviving all this is if Kate is allowed to keep working to solve all this. I reckon Jo told Kate a few things we didn’t see while on their crazy drive.

I don’t think Carmichael is bent, it’s too obvious. She’s like a pantomime villain. I think she’s purposefully delaying the investigation so that it’s not solved til after Ted leaves though to make sure she gets all the glory

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Fellas, my brain is hurting almost as much as Steve’s back so I’m off to bed. Burner phones are in the locker if anyone needs me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Well I thought that episode was a bit poo if I'm honest. The car chase was just cringe - a cop show by numbers. The prison guards being foiled by CCTV reminded me of prisoner cell block H (original version) and yeah, I'm just a bit 'meh' about the whole thing right now!

Reactions: 12
I am equal parts exhausted, fascinated and utterly baffled by this thread 😂
This is exactly it. Half the time I'm left wondering what people are watching, or why they're bothering to watch it.

I think the speculation is more exciting than the actual show for some people, even if their speculation is clearly implausible, already debunked or just completely way out there insane.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Fellas, my brain is hurting almost as much as Steve’s back so I’m off to bed. Burner phones are in the locker if anyone needs me 🤣
Do you happen to have the key to Steve's flat in your locker too? I need it for personal reasons signed off by Occupational Health 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Yes I know 😂 it was a joke not a theory but so funny that everyone thinks the captain was Jimmy Nesbitt
To be fair it’s getting very difficult to work out what’s a joke and what is someone’s actual serious theory now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Kate has been DUMB this series. Its like its not even her.
They did that with Ted in the last series as well. All those years being interested in one thing, and one thing only, and there he was, acting like an immensely stupid bent copper. I was shouting at the telly, telling him not to be such an idiot.
He didn’t listen 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Kate’s turn this time?

I do think they leave Easter eggs/tricks in so while I know the guy wasn’t Nesbitt it also wouldn’t surprise me if they deliberately chose to show a close up of a guy who did have a passing resemblance to see how many people they could get speculating about it.

Reactions: 13
Does anyone else get stressed whenever one of the main 3 go into the AC-12 lift? The way the camera is angled makes me think some kind of Captain America-esque ambush is going to take place in that lift at some point 😬

• Haha
Does anyone else get stressed whenever one of the main 3 go into the AC-12 lift? The way the camera is angled makes me think some kind of Captain America-esque ambush is going to take place in that lift at some point 😬

Genuinely feared for our fella Ted at that point

Reactions: 12

When Ted rested his forehead on the glass, for a split second I thought he might pull a Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks and atart headbutting it, revealing himself as being posessed by the villain (aka the spirit of H, or the fourth man, in this instance).

37563EA4-AFC8-433A-B8C9-47449A3F17C7.jpeg

(I didn’t really. I just wanted to write a silly theory too)

• Haha
Could Jo have taken the blame for Kate as Kate shot to kill instead of just shooting an arm/leg? I always thought that thatsbhoe these things went?

Reactions: 4
I'm sure if Ryan had been given a glass box interview it would have been "no comment " the whole way through. The wee toad wouldn't have squealed so he got the ending he deserved imo.

Reactions: 15
Maybe Jo knows Kate is the only one that can clear her name and if kate is banged up then she cant help her?
I thought that Jo was so disgusted with how her life has turned out after being manipulated by Tommy from a young age that she wants Kate to be free to keep investigating and not banged up

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.